Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

I put Lycan under hybrid to emphasize that it needs a hammer and scales of both patk and matk.
Gearing it up is slightly different than most cleric builds for that reason, and you can actually use offhand gems for phys atk / crit rate quite nicely.

I got Lycan point but I just confused with bokor. Bokor offers nothing for Lycan while benefit almost none from patk (zombies only scale by SPR right?). Even Diev plant attribute may be better for Lycan build.

Damballa, because why build around Lycan when you can add a nuke to its skill set for far more dmg instead?
Spr scaling on zombies sucks, ignore it.

Diev1 is annoying to fit into a druid build atm, and it hinders leveling by a lot.
Mostly because all proper pre- druid3 dmg options are quite limited and rank heavy. Meaning if you pick cleric2/diev1 you can’t fit the better options in anymore.

• Can’t fit sadhu3 in yet. Might be a decent combo if other r9 options are disappointing though.TP could work wonders on Lycan.
  • Sadhu2 isn’t as good, and relies a lot on possession despite it taking time away from your Lycan. (at least 6.5s every 20s)
  • Priest3 works fine as an spr build, but needs blessing 15.
  • Bokor3 fits fine with damballa as your every 10s nuke. But bokor1-2 offer nothing of value for Lycan.
  • Krivis sees no use atm whatsoever.
  • Cleric3 is decent solo target dmg, but poor against groups of enemies. And you won’t benefit off it much in a party.

Ergo bokor3/priest3 stand out tall above the other options.

Thanks. I get it now. But 1 more question, is diev3 that bad? From my view, diev is support class so damage nerf is justifiable.

Owls are stationary so if anything moves, they will lose damage. New owls can bring more consistence damage output.

Only thing that got nerfed hard is ausrine, losing cd reduction attribute, melstis synergy and buff disappear when statue expired/destroyed (confirm me).

But on the bright side, laima can be another crowd control skill(overly high slow debuff is intended?). Zemyna is much more valuable with buffed sp comsumption reduction and high sp usage on most skills.

So I think it is still viable build.

In short, how is diev3-druid3 in your opinion?

Diev3 is that bad, esp to how it used to be.
Though I don’t mind the ausrine nerf for pve, it’s still good there.

On their own, they weren’t that op and a quite balanced option.
They attacked slowly, had a long cd (145s or so?), were directional and stationary.
They’d only shine in difficult content or grinding on the same spot, far to often I’d not use owls because I wanted to save the cd for when it was more important.

But since owls use your matk upon creation and maintain it, you could easily use the temporary +100% matk chap card bonus to outright double the dmg owls could deal.
That should never have happened to begin with imo.

Secondly, the issue that is Clap, and I don’t know what the hell IMC was thinking with that one.
You could literally have 5+ owls up a time due to it, granted since it took quite long it wasn’t a super useful in most situations. But it was to op none the less.

New owls have a better cd, but a worse duration/cd ratio. Likewise their dmg is rubbish for all the downsides owl has.

Diev’s support is good though, but it feels like overkill in the current game.

Laima is a bit weird atm.
That stopping enemies in their tracks is both one of the best forms of cc and one of the least desirable.
Far to many builds will want to bunch mobs up to kill them faster, now diev is actively preventing that…

Diev3/druid3 is dead imo, which is a shame because It was my planned build prior to the patch.

Diev needs miko atm imo to work. And a lot of dmg to cover up for the weakness of diev3/miko. Druid2 won’t offer that, and neither will druid3 later on.

3 Likes

Even tho it’s bad ATM, I’m leaving mine sit on the back burner in hopes they fix diev druid later as they continue to adjust builds.

3 Likes

Have you tried any TBL on this build? I don’t want to dive in myself until I get my Vienerazis (Got the recipe dirt cheap on the market. Those mats though :scream:) but I’m curious as to how well it fares against other players.

Nope, i 've do it with my main build tho. Priest instead of Diev, and resurrecting allies is always nice when the enemy cant stop you under Sterea.

The ABE range is also really awesome.

Sadly PvP is mostly Kabbas and 1 shots everywhere atm that its really boring, so im waiting for the pvp balance patch IMC announced on the Dossier pt5 (?)

I know, right? I use my OoB to remove their damn R7F, only for them to recast it. And sometimes the buff doesn’t show over their heads, thinking that they don’t have it – only realizing it as soon as I die after using ABE. T-T

Well that’s disappointing. I’ve heard the guildies talking about it but the matches I’ve spectated didn’t seem that bad. Oh well, gives me time to craft that mace. I’m currently poor lol

I ended with C2 Priest3 Druid3. The flexibility this build offers is really good for someone who primarily supports and solo’s a lot. The damage is decent as well.

[quote=“Timeshadow, post:1438, topic:245138, full:true”]

I don’t want to dive in myself until I get my Vienerazis (Got the recipe dirt cheap on the market. Those mats though :scream:)[/quote]

The practonium is what really sucks. At this rate I will have enough of the other mats for 5-6 maces before I get 1 pract lol. Skull Smasher is even worse :frowning:

Can a druid become templeshooter?

Does lycanthrope skill benefit from the “specialty” attributes, if it does, which ones? (Animal is going to be obvious but regarding size, medium or large?)

No, they cannot. Shapeshift can only be applied on Normal type Mobs. ( The one with the circle headed devil icon. )

Even if I had all the Size attributes, none of them really applied whenever I use Lycanthropy ( S, M, L ). I think the same goes for Race.

Well thats disappointing. Thanks for the reply!

That’s the special mob icon. Normal mobs have a set of crossed pitchforks.

That’s correct. The Druid class attributes only apply to Shapeshift and Transform. Lycanthropy gets +20% damage, +100% HP, and 100 crit rate for its full duration from Hengestone.

I made a last minute decision to go back to Feral Priest after the reset event ended and I’m glad I did. The survivability is much better and I enjoy the long uptime on Lycan with my SPR build (Got 100 CON just for PvP). Damage wise, it’s not great for clearing rooms with AoE but I usually come in 1st or 2nd on boss kills unless somebody’s got one of the new top meta builds (Wiz3 -> Ele3 -> Necro2, specifically).

AOE isn’t that bad :smiley: I just smash things(werewolf) while carnivory cd + cure/exorcise and heal(if no flying mobs)

Yes, that’s what I mean. I just forgot to add the pitchforks detail.

does anyone tested a monk c1>druid c3 combo ? lycanthropy + double punch ? really want to know :smiley: … want a monk twink besides my sorcerer ( wizard ) main

( posted this on a other threat too )

I’ve tested it, and it gave me a “meh” feeling. Monk c1 is nice when you’re out of lycanthropy due to Double Punch (over a normal auto attack). As for in lycanthropy, its really only good benefit is Palm Strike bleed. Hand Knife would seem nice on paper, but with its 3 second armor debuff, the animation takes to long to get off other physical (lycanthropy) skills to have much use of it. Iron Skin is poop.
Oh and you have to be almost on top of the enemy to use monk skills so that was somewhat of a turn off.
This is my test, and others may say different, but to me it just didn’t fit that well with a lycanthropy build.