Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Yeah I just tried it and I don’t like it at all… it puts this thing under already dead mobs too I think… I would say it is a buggy skill :confused: So bad because otherwise it would have better skills overall than blom…

Has anyone tested the Akhlass Hump from Inner Wall District 9? They’re flying and devil-type so you’d need a Hunter but they’ve got some multi-hit charge abilities that could have potential.

i dont know what choose, druid still nice but what i can choose before this ?

Only with telepath & letting it hit me since I don’t know any hunters anymore.
I think its first skill is a 2 hit, and the second can vary, I’ve seen it deal 1-3 hits so far. But it’s a physical according to tosbase so it’s unlikely to be good.

I think I’m ready to declare physical transformations useless in this patch. Here are my “top finds” so far for the current version.

• Amberdog, 2-4 hit 100% phys melee attack. Very inconsistent in regard to hit count.
  • (Black) Pawnd, 4 hits with 100% phys scaling and linear aoe. Sadly it deals Dark damage so have fun with the -25% dmg vs all dark mobs.
  • Akhlass Steel, 3 hits 100% phys ranged with a tiny aoe or 3hit limit. Auto-aims as well, which is a nice feature.

And they’re all medium devils, so they only get the +110 dmg bonus.
Still, even with all that I simply deal more damage auto attacking…

The poison from several transforms is still good vs bosses, see:

But kind of lackluster for the rest, and may be outpaced by some int transforms with a nice weapon.

But I do need to test if anything scales the poison dmg on our end a bit more. Though atk does not influence it.

@wendel_burqui:
I got up to date cleric build examples here, including druid ones: An Intermediate Guide to Clerics

2 Likes

I actually like how Druid plays now since the game is giving us a chance to explore mobs because they lifted most Elite Status from R8 mobs. It’s fun to test things. This looked scary until you find out that the other two spawns randomly. So far, I liked Blom for DPS and another mob for boss hunting.

1 Like

I’m gonna do some testing with Vilkas Mage tomorrow. It’s got a single hit, ranged magic attack and what appears to be a single hit PBAoE (Both are 100%). I’d like to use it on a Sadhu3/Druid2 build since it’d fill in the short cooldown gap. Plus, being a bipedal wolf, it makes a nice homage to Lycanthropy.

Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not Transmit Prana buffing the caster is a bug or not? I’ve heard some people say it is but others say it’s intentional. I don’t want to build around something that’ll be patched out somewhere down the line. Also, does it require a player target for the self-buff to work?

It’s a bug, if it wasn’t – why do Sadhus need to jump between its cast duration? Also, it shouldn’t take two buff slots if it was an intentional buff. For the self-buff, no. you don’t need a target for that.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll stick to my Sadhu2/Druid3 then.

ps, the first 3 posts are up to date again.
Especially post 3 has the better transform mobs, Vilkas mage should be one of the weaker options.
(The oracle list isn’t entirely on point I think, but that’s to much work to do over again.)

The boosting your own str/dex/int/spr/con part of TP should be unintentional.
But the added soul property atk is not.
And Wooshin already answered the rest. :smiley:

2 Likes

About the Lycantropy build, from what i can tell you don’t benefit off blessing and line damage buffs while in lycantropy form. So why is priest 3 the best option for it?

It does benefit from blessing when using Carnivory and other multi-hit spells, I can assure that. And, the reason why line buffs ( Cafrisun, Sacrament, Last Rites, Enchant Fire ) do not work is because the wolf itself doesn’t have any actual autoattack button ( e.g. Z button, although it’s a different case if you are using daggers, which will then trigger those aforementioned buffs ).

Instead, its four main attacks are all in the form of skill slots. From what I am guessing, I think that path is more of a support semi-damage build, because 15 seconds of Sterea Trofh is really good.

1 Like

My build is Cleric2 Priest3 Druid3 any advice for stat and skills?

Lycanthropy skills benefit from Blessing as well but, as you said, line buffs don’t work because they’re skills as opposed to auto attacks.

Pretty much. Feral Priest isn’t the most DPS oriented route. Instead, it’s more of a support/DPS hybrid. Blessing, Revive, Ressurect, etc. form the core of the support side (Along with Safety Zone, Sterea Trofh, and Divine Might). Carnivory, Exorcise, Cure, and the Lycanthropy skills serve as DPS.

For a more damage oriented set up you can go Cleric2 -> Dievdirby -> Sadhu2 -> Druid3

Full SPR. You could throw 50 or so points into CON if you really feel the need but it’ll make Blessing less potent.

As for skills, the most important thing to do is max Blessing. Beyond that, the same general rules apply. I wouldn’t bother with Aspersion or Stone Skin. The changes made them rather useless compared to what they were before.

I’m already having fun with my that path, although I took Priest instead of Diev. You still can keep up with its DPS while maintaining your support role when needed ( TBL and ET. ). I am really not a fan of statues given that I tend to move a lot from the map.

And since I can’t really rely on a Pardoner’s Blessing 24/7, it’s best if I could cast it myself whenever the buff is removed mid-game. #DatSweetBlessingHealInteraction #HealKillsPeople

Stats distribution on diev/druid and Priest/druid?

So prepare for a loooong talk on how I am approaching the rebalance. This is all based on my observations and own testings.

Class Building

As a proper way to set up a build, im gonna focus on the circles i want to keep first. I will go for Druid3, not 2, not 1. And also take into consideration the positives and negatives this will bring.

I will use a common Druid C3 skill distribution that allows the use of the class for most of the game contents.

Carnivory

• Level 15
  • Still hitcount limited, and only scales damage by leveling.
  • The way it uses the hitcounts is different now. It will hit a max of 8 targets inside Chortasmata for 1 hit count.
  • The damage is worth leveling it.

Chortasmata

• Level 5
  • At level 5 and with the duration attribute maxed (+5 seconds) we can get full uptime on Chortasmata

• Why do i keep it at lvl 5 (or even 4)? Because Carnivory and Sterea seems to latch into the closest Chortasmata available, which could mean they applying into a soon to expire Chortasmata. BUT, it seems possible to cast Chortasmata RIGHT ON TOP of a previously expired Chortasmata with Carnivory and Sterea STILL active and reactive their effects, but the range has to be practically on top of the previous one.

Sterea Trofh

• Level 10
  • Still amazing, max. No doubts

Telepath

• Level 1
  • Even if you are not maining the Transform skill, being able to check the skills from random monsters as you explore the Tree of Savior world is really fun.
  • Enables PvP games like:
    • Use your enemy as meatshield againts other enemies.
    • Take a important enemy out of the fight (ex: priests, kinos)
    • Set up for damage/CC (ex: Telepath into Possession)

Shapeshift

• Level 1 to enable transform, nothing has changed here.

Transform

• Level 6
  • There are several new transformations available, and this skill is adaptable to the player needs. Could be something to use while needing to recover SP for Lycanthropy, or could be just to look cute! Or just the ability to look around trying monster skills.

Hengestone

• At least Level 1
  • Probably just used before any transformation now, considering the drop on popularity to take Diev circles that used to benefit the most from this skill.

Lycanthropy

• Level 5
  • This skill damage may seem weaker now, but it still got several benefits that shouldn’t be discarded. It no longer is THE reason to take druid, it made anything work before by how strong it was. That was the problem several classes had before, hit x circle and you get extremely powerful.
  • Provides a permanent pain barrier effect while its active and enables 4 additional skills. Allows to always have dps output even on skills downtime, consider it as an upgraded Auto Attack.
  • It doubles your HP. It may not seem too much early, but as your defensive equipment progresses you will see how hard is to take down a 100k hp beast for any boss or monster.
  • Overall, still an amazing skill to have.
  • It needs a proper stat distribution to keep it up now, DONT discard investing on SPR points! Going all into INT could seem tempting but you could get even higher benefit by keeping this skill up.
  • Its damage still benefits from your magical attack and physical attack, you will get most out of this by using and enhancing maces!

Class Synergy

With the way i approach my Druid3 build already explained i will forward to my suggested class comments.

Note: On the current state of the game, for a magic dps build you will get the most benefit by using Chapparition lvl 10 cards

Cleric circle 2

• Cleric2 is still a core build covering Safety Zone block counts, bigger amount of heal tiles and Divine Might.

Priest Circles

• Priest have always been the top support choice, but why do we even want to take them on a dps build? (if thats what we are aiming for). Thats because of Blessing.

• Even if you are not high on SPR, you can’t secure having pardoner Blessing up and active on your buffs every time.
  • It also enables your strongest weapon againts bosses, heal bombing. As long as you have this skill active, even if the damage provided by this skill itself wont be much, it will double your heal tiles damage output.
  • You can always choose to not cast it when there is a priest with higher circles on your party.

• One circle, thats all you need to be desired on any late game content. Your dps party members can’t do their job dead, if a member dies on an dps check and needs to walk back it could mean the fail of the run.

• It cancels if you get hit, which can be prevented with Safety Zone or Sterea Trofh. But what about bosses or pvp enemies that bypass inmunity and can still knockback you out of it? Lycanthropy will secure this skill going off at all times if casted with Safety Zone or Sterea.

• Further circles skills will be discussed on their respective build.

Dievdirbys Circles

• My old favorite. It has fallen to mostly an utility circle.
  • Laima CD reduction and Zemyna SP cost reduction are still powerful skills.
  • Owls having a fixed 25s duration and 50s cooldown with a low skill factor feels way too weak to be on a dps build.
  • World Tree is still good, but would require to go 3 circles or 2 circles and Miko for a decent duration, which sadly won’t fit if we want to take Druid3.
  • Ausrine: The need for total mitigation is not priority anymore since the damage formula change. Its harder to get 1 hit KO by monsters or bosses. We also include the nerf to Melstis which previously enabled permanent invulneability when paired with Ausrine.
  • So overall this circle covers utility roles, so what are gonna be our reasons to take this class?

• Cooldown and SP reduction is amazing for any party. But we also have the +20% physical damage on plant type attribute, its a cheap way to boost your Lycanthropy skill output, if we consider we can make any boss and non flying monster a plant just by standing on Chortasmata.

Sadhu Circles

• Class that on a single patch went from not desired or considered at all, to a core for many builds.
  • It offers several tools to deal with groups of monsters, low cooldowns and high skill ratios.
  • We can only use up to Circle 2 of this class if we want to keep Druid3, but Transmit Prana could be considered one of the strongest buffs at the moment.
  • Out of body damage is still low, but its use for damage is not required at all. We will still want it maxed for a longer range of movement.

• Prakriti allows you to move your real body to your soul position, but what makes this worth using is that it will instantly heal you for 15% of your maxHP every time you use it. Amazing escape and heal tool with a 9s cooldown.
  • It also allows for lots of shenanigans on some dungeon instances.

• Big AOE single hit skill that also inflicts a bleeding-like effect.
  • Pop a sp pot and chapparition effect before using it if needed and you will clear mobs with ease.
  • Also the reason you want a maxed oob, higher range of initiation that can also work to draw aggro to the AoE circles.

• Channeling, so having lycanthropy helps not getting it interrupted.
  • Can hit up to 10 monsters and applies a stun effect on them keeping them on place (Except elite mobs)
  • Really good damage output on AoE that helps keep monsters inside our Carnivory.

Additional class synergy:

• IF on mouse mode, you can use OOB and left click ONCE the boss this will make the soul attack it as long as the boss wont move, meanwhile you can still use your Lycan and cleric skills with keyboard. Careful! it gets confusing if you forget you have the soul out, also your defense drops to 0 so keep SZ and Sterea!

My Approach and Comments on Class Builds

C2 Priest1 Sadhu2 Druid3

• This is my current MAIN build.
  • Priest covers my support role on instances.
  • Sadhu2 and Carnivory provides high AoE clear. All of sadhu skills can hit flying monsters which Druid lacks.
  • C2 heals bombing with chappas and high heal damage attribute can 2 shot bosses with just a not transcended weapon. (Vienaz Mace)
  • Im currently using 100 CON and 100 SPR to sustain myself, reaching over 100k HP while transformed also 100 SPR invested makes keeping lycan not difficult at all. The rest is just on INT for damage, but most of my damage comes from my weapon anyway.
  • I prefer this build because of being able to SOLO and PARTY efficiently.

C2 Priest2 Diev1 Druid3

• Support oriented build.
  • Considering the Blessing scale … feels like a waste not to take Priest3 once you are Priest2 already. Unless you are focusing on high intelligence.
  • This build could work if Lycan would have keep its high damage, but if applied right now it would only allow you to hit ground targets with Carnivory and Heals and not a proper answer for flying monsters.
  • Probably not recomended.

C2 Priest3 Druid3 (Feral Priest)

• Heavy support and cheap damage build
  • Full SPR, even if you are focusing on making this build your main you will still get more benefit by having those points on SPR to boost blessing and then boost your other skills scale with your own weapon upgrades.
  • Big heals, tanky, invulnerability, resurrection. What is not to love as a support for pve, you are only lacking Status Inmunity which can be covered with Miko or Pardoner charms.
  • Highly recommended and fun to play!

C3 Sadhu2 Druid3

• Here we go an alternative path of my main build with a higher SOLO focus.
  • All the dps benefits from Priest1Sadhu2 build.
  • Heal bombing is stronger and you get more damage blocks and fade uptime for easier solo times.

C3 Priest2 Druid3

• An alternative focused on Heal bombing and Boss killing than Mob AoE clearing.
  • Could be tempting to try a balance between INT and SPR for this build.
  • Bosses are usually tackle down on parties, which makes Revive and Mass Heal amazing tools to have.

C2 Diev1 Sadhu2 Druid3

• Another alternative for my main build.
  • You replace the priest party utility for the diev utility.
  • SP reduction and CD reduction are always handy to have for your own or some parties that already have a priest.
  • Free warps!

I may have extended too much on this, but the reset event is ending so i could finally wrap my thoughs on these builds and Druid state, which just to make sure … is stronger than before as it allows you to take a wider range of builds.

7 Likes

Leveling lycan is worth it? Considering its lv only scale with duration now so lv2 is more than enough?

@Wurmheart
Why bokor3 druid3 labelled as hybrid build? Only bwa is a skill which scales with patk. I go full int since I think bwa and lycan are weak and mainly focus on damballa and carnivory.

if you don’t play lycan much then don’t max it, I’m playing lycan full time now with points on spr so having 5min duration is a good choice. guess depends on your build…

Thanks. I will stick with lv2 then. I noticed there are leftover skill points so I consider putting into hengestone instead. Is there list of skill which it affect? or simply work with all magic circle(not like miko’s clap)?

It only works with Cleric magic circles. And yes there are leftover points that i prefer to have on Lycan as its more convenient than need to recast, also if i cast it under my Squire camp buff while farming i can get a 18 minute Lycan duration.

1 Like