Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Now days, after all the changes, yes to deal a good damage you’ll need a good weapon. Lycan was nerfed by a lot. Most of clerics were. We are more like playing with a healer tanker and that’s it - without a good weapon.
With good gear and status leveled it’ll do ok, but this is with anything else so…

It depends on where you’re slotting them. You definitely want blues in your main weapon for the extra Magic Attack. It might also be nice to have them in your gloves for the extra SP Recovery but investing points in SPR helps boost that already so the benefit isn’t all that great.

Two level 10 red gems in your top and bottom gear will give you an extra 5.4k HP to work with. A couple of yellows in your boots will give you at least 1.8k more.

If by compensate you mean make Lycan your primary DPS source, no. The skill factors are just too low now to make that be the case like it was pre-rebalance. Now, Lycan serves as something of a nice supplement to the rest of your DPS skills. Most of your damage is going to come from Carnivory, Heal, Exorcise, and Cure with Lycan being there to keep your output reasonably high while those skills are on cooldown.

This can’t be said enough. In general, the changes made your gear the primary factor in determining how much damage you deal. Whereas before you could get by with sub-optimal (Read: Bad) gear because some classes had such powerful skills, now you really have to invest in your weapon if you want to compete for high DPS.

That’s especially true for Clerics since IMC noticed they were dominating a lot of the game without much effort compared to the other classes.

Would you look at that O.O Inquisitor, Kabbalists and now Monk (instead of PD) are still dealy AF- except in healing ‘-’ This and the only class actually usefull at low ranks is Priest/Chaplain.
And they don’t need to invest as much as other classes need into gear - my chaplain 300 is still with low level gear to boost spr. I’ve never died nor used revive. IMC logic.

Nothing’s perfect I guess :joy:

Remind me, did you test Cleric2 -> Priest ->Sadhu2 ->Druid3 with full SPR? If so, how did you find the damage compared to Feral Priest with the same stat investment?

Hum… I don’t think I did with full spr but with int. Even like that I didn’t liked it e.e idk if because i’m disgusted with sadhu sinse last year or if it’s just not good with not so good gears.
Would you want me to test? Didn’t reset my build today and it’s alredy full spr - but I hardly belive it’ll do ok

ok I can’t test it anymore :V I don’t have the blunt anymore sinse I’ll use my druid to suport now, and do a FF to farm and stuff - sinse wolf doesn’t really deals good burst farm damage, being worse with flying mobs.

Nah, that’s ok. I can always test it myself when I get off work. I’m a little worried about sacrificing damage for more support options but, having tried Priest3 and Sadhu2, Feral Priest feels better to play IMO. Just trying to get an idea of other Druid3’s opinions.

1 Like

The thing is that we don’t have any other place to get damage from :confused: Diev? It’s dead no matter what anyone says. Krivis is still bugged so I won’t even coment it. I don’t belive that bokor is a good ideia, same goes to monk as @cosmobr45 said, and paladin. We have sadhu with 2 skills but once again I don’t enjoy it :V
~Feral Priest says hi
Imo, getting one Diev’s rank for CD, suuuper low sp recovery and/or extra damage(almost insignificant) to chortasmata isn’t worth either. Yes, I did test it. With normal gear, but I did.

I agree. I decided to give Sadhu2 another shot last night and I opted for Diev1. Free, on demand fast travel is still the best thing about Diev as far as I’m concerned.

Sadhu is interesting. It definitely has some nice stuff going on. One big thing for me is that it’s more mobile than Priest3 because you’re not relying on Exorcise and Cure for damage. That being said, the build needs INT so it’s difficult to keep Lycan running. With no SPR investment at all, I came out with 4k SP (Some extra points came from my gear). Feral Priest spoiled me a little so I was shocked with how many SP pots I had to use.

All that being said, my end goal is PvP so I want to choose whichever build will be most useful there.

Yesss fast travels ;—; the feels

PvP huh? eheheheh try once full con :smiling_imp: I did in the first day. A lot of hp obviously. The damage? Same as a full spr without your own buffs, wich isn’t GOOD but will make your anemys worried.
If you have a ok gear, you’ll do good. Sincronize sterea with safty zone, maybe even get one Diev’s rank - sinse is for pvp and Laima is broken. No, literally, it’s broken. It was a massive Stop the last time I tried. For it’s full duration. Or even 3ranks of it ‘-’ Ausrine, silence, “”“owls”"" - I belive that to pvp purpouse this is a good good build.

The down side is that you’ll be like those last standing no damage cryo/chrono or kino ‘-’ the animations… the LONG animations (if they don’t step into Laima MUHAHAHA)

About high pot use, when I tried full int builds I just poped 2 pots at the same time when my sp was in hte danger zone. You can be more organized then me and use once at a time to activate Chaparition but meh. It wasn’t healphy to my wallet but didn’t hurted that much - I have a few more characters… doing dalyies and buying pots for tecnically one character was ok.

Wow, thanks a lot for the detailed answer !

My priest is still leveling (nearly lvl100), so I’m not sur it’s worth it to slot gem right now, especially in armor (I still take no damage from enemies and one shot them), but I wonder for the futur, and especially if I use a Five Hammer.
I can’t remember if I read that somewhere, but are AA of Cleric patk or matk ? Did they scale with STR or INT ? So, if I use mostly AA for leveling, isn’t it better to use on weapon patk gem ? (red one I think) And matk gems for the moment I stop using AA, but with Priest3, it can take a couple of time…
And are gems lvl 4 or 5 enough ? I’m not rich enough to have more, so if they don’t worth it, I will keep them for later levels.[quote=“Timeshadow, post:1352, topic:245138”]
Most of your damage is going to come from Carnivory, Heal, Exorcise, and Cure
[/quote]
That’s why I was asking to use some INT to enhance these damaging skills, but it seems that I cannot invest enough INT to that point, so it’s better to invest in SPR for both buffs and Lycan, and a good weapon for damage if I understand well.

since you are still low level, just find someone who sells a good blessing on the city and put everything on int to boost those skills, once you reach chap and 200+ you can go back to spr since the chap AA would come from blessing+multihit and at 200+ you will have enough spr to be good and do the blessing yourself.
since is one reset per day, you can always use the easier path to level and change later on.

It’s definitely not worth slotting gems in your armor right now. You can put that off for a long time (Or forever if you really want to). Grabbing a Five Hammer is great for leveling, especially now that they’ve removed special mobs and their stupid HP/Level ratio.

That being said, once you make it to 200 the Catacombs weapons are significantly better after they’ve been enhanced.

That’s the gist of it. If you want to toss 50 points into SPR and go for an INT build, it’ll work but in that case I’d recommend you get Sadhu2 and add in Priest1 for the rezz or Diev1 for utility. If you’re planning to go Feral Priest, SPR is king.

I’m trying a feral priest SPR build now.
I feel like I should stay at Druid 2 and get PD/Oracle/Miko for more Utility and Debuff Clearing. So I’ve got a few questions:
1st - How important is Druid 3 in terms of damage? Is wolfie that good?
2nd - How important is Debuff Clearing/Preventing in both Party PvE and PvP
3rd - How important is Cleric 2 to the build in general? The only good point I can see is the Divine Might and the SZ attribute, because Cleric heal Is feeling pretty bad compared to Mass Heal.

I don’t have the Vienarazis weapon anymore, so I went alone to do Saalus as I normally do. It took me 10 min to kill the Lake’s boss mission. Was equiped with a Five Hammer with 5 lv6 red gems, carnivory at lv80 deaing 1k800 to 3k.
The class by itself is dead, absolutely.
I really belive that this ridiculous difference is just dumb. I do NOT RECOMEND Feral Priest to starters, unles you alredy have good gear or you know you’ll be able to get them soon. If not, I belive you have high chance of giving up on your character and waisting a lot of time. If you don’t have friends to play with, to do things with then (ET and stuff) then I don’t recomend you to do a Druid3 as your first/main character.
I am frustated now, more then ever with this game. But it is what it is. Please someone say that I’m wrong.

5 Hammer is really bad now. I do it fine with a Superior Corona rod +6 and 2 blue gems on it i made pre R8.

1 Like

I’m really enjoying Cleric2> Diev1> Sadhu2> Druid3. I’m using a 5H with 5 red and 1 Chappa lvl 10. I use a lot of SP potions to keep the wolf active, but the damage is not so bad (even with 5H) and it’s a lot of fun to play. I tried the Feral Priest, it is relatively strong and useful for groups, but I chose the one with which I had the most fun.

I understand that my damage will only improve as I build my equipment, but I am already working on my Chappas and trying to get the Practonium to Vienarazis.

I do not think the class is dead, it’s alive and it’s going to stay alive as long as it’s fun.

1 Like

5 hammer is ok if you accept that your damage will come completely from [blessing].

1 Like

I feel you, but I can’t give up druid 3(lyncan) even with this huge nerf. that’s why I started to play TOS, so I really hope they fix its damage.

I have a catacombs without transcend, 1 blue gem only and am doing fine at least for maps and soloing mines mission/etc, still lvl 280 because playing with alts and a friend.

for lyncan, priest 3 is the best deal if you like to smash things in wolf form, tried sadhu 2 but without TP(cicle 3) my dmg goes low as long as blessing from shop runs out.

really hope they fix druid 3, im going to keep lvling and make a vienazaris, get gems/chappa cards for late game stuff

1 Like

I’ll put this character aside for some time and just wait to see if some changes happens :confused:

Sad thing is we wouldn’t get to see the change until after the reset event is over. There aren’t any class changes patch notes for maintenance today. :sweat:

(Prays for hidden class % changes)