Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Uh, what? What exactly did I say that contradicts what you’re saying? I never said there was a difference between being in combat or not. In fact I was saying the opposite; I was saying there is no difference. The clarification was whether or not an action (such as normal attacks) was being done at the same time as the regen tick.

Try it. Spend some SP and hold down your attack key. See if you get any SP back. Unless they’ve changed it since I’ve tested, you shouldn’t get any.

1 Like

This is what I was referring to. If you sit down after the mark, even if you attacked on the 10 or 20 second mark, you will get the hp/sp.
I just don’t want new people who come into the game and read it thinking that it only works at 20 secs and if you attack you have to wait 20 secs.

I mean nothing negative towards ya, but I have met a lot of people who are unaware of this. Clarification is necessary.
Hence, why we have so many warnings and things that should be obvious in our day to day life.

You can’t sit while on Lycanthropy mode tho.

And i’ve talked enough about this on my SP recovery set video. There is also an addon to help you keep track of your recovery tics.

1 Like

Look at what you wrote when you replied to my post. You simply quoted me and said it was false, then talked about in and out of combat regen which had no relevance to what I was saying. You didn’t say anything about sitting down which was irrelevant anyway because, as Wolfy said, you can’t sit while in Lycan (the whole point of learning about SP regen in the first place in a druid thread).

That’s going to mislead people (learning “false info” as you say) into thinking what I said was wrong, when it really wasn’t at all. You could’ve simply added on to “clarify” that you can sit after missing a regen tick.
The main point anyway was to tell people who might not know that doing certain actions prevents SP regen, and since you quoted the whole thing you’re going to mislead people into thinking that that part was wrong.

Your right mate, and I clarified with my reply, but if you want to get technical, we can.

^This is the post I replied to for reference.^

You are right on this, and I corrected myself in my next reply. Conversation should have been done there.

I said in and out of combat regen because you yourself mentioned regen in combat, hence why I then put in parenthesis:

I did say 10 seconds sitting. This is not irrelevant because it is general information. General information, is not irrelevant, especially when it is related to the topic at hand because it can impact how we act and how we view said contexts.

Although what Wolfy said is true, you had no reference nor wording towards that. Regardless of whether it is in a druid thread or an archer thread, this information still comes up in the forums search function. If someone is searching up regen and/or how it may work, this thread could/can pop up. That person would be oblivious to whether you were talking about lycan or not.

I’ve edited and corrected myself.

About that, do you know how to get it down to 1 sec? Squire food -11, cat buffs -5. That’s still 4sec waiting time. Where to get the last 3 sec?

Pyroego Card, perhaps.

I believe they didn’t exist yet at the time the video was made.

I tried asking the guy who made that 1s recovery speed video. But got no proper answer sadly xD. He is quite attentive to answer on his youtube videos, but after he gave me a different answer than the question i made i didnt want to bother him too much DX. Language barriers =P

Bother him, bother him. Or I would. IMC made the ■■■■ move to turn pyroego into no. of cards. from the original no. of stars.

But then again, no one is specifically testing regen in ktest/ktos.

so, about the new lycan damage:

Lycanthropy:
    - The 5% Additional damage effect will be removed.
    - Additional damage is increased by 10%, Increases Crit Rate by 100.
    - SP Consumption per second decreases from 80 to 70.

Henge Stone:
    - Whilst Transformed, Additional Damage is increased by 20% and Crit Rate ncreases by 100.

https://pastebin.com/hMt5sCsG

so, renge stone doen’t need to be out there to gain the “boost”? Or is this just the same thing as before?

and this one

did heal actually had it’s damage lowered? ‘-’

Heal is still a 228% skill factor at tos neet, so it shouldn’t be nerfed. Wait, 43k was with full chap cards isn’t it?

And it does look like the buffs are still for transform only, which means it’s easier to keep up but also can’t act as a team buff. (so still little benefit from hengestone lvl 5 right?)

Like @Adeodatus said above, this new additional dmg is not quite like the old atk bonus. It is calculated differently, especially in that it won’t lower enemy defenses so it is a less desirable stat. But I’d first need to see tests as to where and how this buff is calculated exactly to know just how good it is.

It should be one of these 3 atm:

• It’s simply added on top of skill factor, as an additive, and as such is a better dmg boost for low skill factor skills (esp lycanthropy) but far less ideal on anything with 100% or higher skill factors.
  • It’s multiplied with skill factor, which benefits monk/druids a lot, and is better for the medium range factors as well.
  • It’s calculated after all dmg calculations, and as such works for all dmg sources. (regular/bonus/elemental) This could be pretty good. But knowing IMC they will not pick this option and said blog posts to indicate as such were probably just wrong again.

I fear that just like effigy’s multiplier it’s simply going to be option 1 and of no use to anything but Lycan builds. But I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

You made it seem as though I was saying in combat regen and out of combat were different. I wasn’t. The only reason why I brought it up was because in previous posts there were people who were saying they had no regen in combat, or that it was on a 40 second timer. I didn’t specifically say it was the same, but it was implied when I said “in combat” regen was at the standing rate. I don’t know how you can misconstrue that into me saying the sitting regen timer to be different than normal, unless you consider “in combat” to be something else - especially since I mention later how the sitting rate is double the standing rate.

You didn’t say anything about sitting to get the instant tick before your edit (thanks for editing it BTW). Otherwise, just knowing the sitting rate isn’t going to do anything for people when they’re fighting something. That’s why I said it was irrelevant.
In any case, your edit is slightly wrong. You won’t get the missed tick instantly by sitting; you’ll only get the instant-sit-tick if it has been 10 seconds or more since your last tick (or missed tick). After missing a tick, you still have to wait 10 seconds to sit.

I specifically stated I did not have the Sadhu and Druid classes to test with, but sure.

For someone who says they mean nothing negative towards me, you sure know how to pick non-neutral wording.

Thanks for the answer ^^ I asked more like because I was worried with the chance that to deal this bonus damage from henge stone, we would need to keep ourselfs inside the skill’s area like they were saying in the previous posts (if I read properly) Wich would be a a big difference from doday’s lycan
+henge stone.

Wait, it does that??? 0.0

Anyways… Yeah, it really lowered our attck… but mayne with the new mechanics, mobs with less defence and dual blunt status (heh) and nee trancedent way it can skill work nicely :3 kind of - I mean, idk wich weapon the guy was using in the vid so :v

btw, will the changes come next week? Ppl are saying that and I’m so blind I didn’t see any news about ‘–’

If you play a lot of games, especially mmos, you should be able understand where people can misunderstand when you refer to “in combat”. As many games with that word/mechanic often restrict actions prior to or immediately after attacking.
For example:
(In WoW) The state where your character is considered actively fighting and prevents actions that can only be done out of combat.
Any new person with a bit of experience from other popular games can misunderstand that and think "Oh, this game has an in-combat state similar to other games.

THE WHITE! ITS TOO BRIGHT!!!

That might explain why we’re seeing a lot of Sadhu/Druids soloing bosses in these kTest videos. Out of Body’s attribute causes basic attacks to reduce enemy defense by 30% with a 50% chance to do so when the attribute is maxed. Granted, that would only really be useful against largely immobile monsters with big HP pools (i.e. Bosses).

It’s a shame that we don’t have enough ranks to get Sadhu3 and benefit from the changes to Transmit Prana but a Cleric3 -> Sadhu2 -> Druid3 would avoid the need for Priest and the stat mismatch between it and Lycanthropy you brought up some time ago (It’d also be a lot less painful to level :smiley:).

I know it’s still just theorycrafting but I’d love to hear your thoughts on that particular build direction.

That attribute is currently only 10% in ktos, it’s barely noticeable for a lycanthropy build due to our already high base atk. (since you combine matk+patk for lycan)

I’d also need confirmation on whether or not skill factor affects additional dmg in ktos.

Aside of that I just don’t know yet tbh. a flat 5k dmg is decent, but not worth 3 ranks.
Lycan + OoB should be decent but has severe downsides. (Immobile/0 def/needs r9)

Though I can’t think of much better alternatives for druid3 either… (Owls got nerfed to the ground, krivis is kind of bad atm, bokor is good but has no real synergy and priest has competition from pardoners.)

Even druid2 isn’t as good I hoped it would be due to the evasion & crit chance formula reworks. (Or more precisely how they need obscene amounts of said stats to reach the cap.)

I think the state of transform will make or break druid post patch tbh. At least @Wolfy posted a decent PoA transform example. (hint: post it here wolfy It was your find.)

I’m fishing for info on regen at the ktos thread. There is still the (hardly ever used) plant transform for HP/SP regen. All I know is I “heard” regen is better, but I don’t know how exactly. In any game I’ve ever played, I’ve always been a fan of regen.

Which class are you referring to?