Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Druid Class Thread

Hi all,

I left the game maybe a few weeks before news of the r9 classes were released and missed the whole reset event. I left off with a full spr c2-p3-d1 (just unlocked d2 last night) feral-priest-to-be build. I had built up a primarily int based sadruid before so I sorta know my way around the druid part of the skill set up.

My question is if the full spr feral priest build is still a cheap way to build around the lycan? I gathered that there’s this scratch post build and i kinda know how it works with breaking wheel but is the chaplain part a must for that build? Because I may be able to salvage my feral priest build by getting inquis for the last circle since i can’t get the chaplain part if i want the inquis. Any advice/ suggestion would be appreciated!

No, simply because you can’t AA while on Lycan, you’ll be left with Dagger attacks, which I doubt people will invest on secondary phys-attacks.

Also, you can’t be a scratching post user with Chaplain because you won’t have enough circles for Druid3+Inquisitor unless you remove Cleric C2.

Ah yes, sorry I should’ve been more clear. I know there aren’t enough circles to go around, hence the question if chap was a necessity or can i simply go into inquis and still salvage a full spr build c2-p3-d2 at this point. I only have around 260 invested in spr I believe, do I need more or should i work on distributing the rest in other stats? Int maybe? some con? I have no interest in pvp atm so it’ll be completely pve focused. Thank you for the clarification!

Hey there, everyone! It’s been quite some time since I last played. My druid is a C2 > Priest 1 > Sadhu 2 > Druid 3. I have an Int/Spr investment, but I do think I have a stat reset potion if necessary. I’m about to enter rank 9, any suggestions?

I do really like the Sadhu - Druid gameplay, but I completely forget how I was intending to play with Werewolf (it’s been about a year). Are there any classes that have some synergy, or am I stuck going Sadhu 3? I would like to try something new… or wouldn’t mind pushing the support end harder, be it with Oracle or whatnot. How would Zealot be?

I don’t really see any synergies with your current build with Zealot.
In PVP, there’s Omaewa mou Shindeiru ( Beady Eyed ) + Sadhu’s Possession. It looks great on paper but I can already tell executing it in realtime will just make you regret everything ( Lags, Desyncs, whatever kind of bug IMC has in store ).

I’d say you should go Priest 2 for Mass Heal and Revive - Support-Oriented
Or take Sadhu 3 for more Damage, Prana should boost your damage more along with Lycan+Henge. :3c

Off Topic for everyone: Are people able to use Beady Eyed while you’re in OoB? Will it reposition your toon?

Bokor is best at bokor3, monk isn’t an ideal filler if you have more matk scalers to begin with either.
So I wouldn’t advise it.

@thebenchwarmermvp

No Lycan builds are cheap atm, and scratching post can be especially expensive since it needs a strong dagger for best performance.

Regardless, I consider both Chaplain+Inquis as must-haves for any priest/druid combo due to:

• Kills will proc Inquisitor flames.
  • Inquisitor flames will proc aa dmg buffs, aka last rites, sacrament, and aspergillum.
  • (Druid) dmg buffs don’t work on bonus or +elemental property dmg effects, but it will work quite well on aspergillum.
  • Lycan 3rd and 4th skill also help to deal more AoE dmg whenever wheel is up.
  • MM just adds more dmg to each hit. Same for blessing, if you take it.

It’s a way to get more AoE dmg out of Lycan, but you need to be able to kill mobs quickly enough to proc enough flames. Don’t see any other class ranks competing tbh.

@FriskyFox:

Sadhu3 is ideal for now imo.

Zealot1 is rather crappy, and Zealot2 is very good but that’s either an r10 goal or requires you to sacrifice druid3.
And Zealot is patk based anyway, so it doesn’t work well with sadhu’s int focus.

@Wurmheart @Wooshin

Thanks for your recommendations, I appreciate it!

Now, when playing at this point, what should my rotation/stats look like? It’s been a very long time, and I only just got Lycan, so I apologize. I have a healthy amount of SPR and high INT. I’ve been using a rod + dagger for now, but I expected to switch to a hammer. I do really wish I had the chance to do this during the reset event, I apologize for all of the questions :frowning:

The big thing that I can’t remember is the way I’m supposed to use my skills – Do I use Hengestone, transform to Lycan, then use all of my skills? I’m going to look through the thread as I get the opportunity. I’m really excited to pick this character up again!

@Wurmheart

Do you know if there’s any large beast type monsters that have a movement speed buff?

aren’t any, I tested all large mobs already.

Still got a few flyers and change only mobs I need to check, but can’t really be arsed atm x…x

Just your usual shameless self-promotion.

Also, finally found an use for telepath on 13:40~ (Kappa)

1 Like

hey i have some question …

when u in wolfy from is that scarment + last rite + aspergilum work with wolfy skill 1-4 ?

I want to make a variation of the scratching post wolf build, but using a 2H blunt weapon. Unfortunately, this means I cannot take Chaplain since there’s just no room to squeeze priest in there alongside paladin or monk.

What would be my best option in this case? Krivis 3 Monk 1? Krivis 2 Paladin 2?

Building Krivis seems iffy since their whole identity now is allowing INT clerics to deal damage with auto attacks, but Paladin and Inquisitor attacks seem to scale with power. Paladin seems to make more sense, but will lock me into power for sure, further decreasing synergy with Krivis. I want to be using Wolf form primarily of course, so what kind of damage does that scale with? Could a split Power/Int build be potentially worthwhile in this case?

I have a Cleric 2 Diev 1 Paladin 2 Druid 3 Inqui 1, full STR. I don’t know if you would consider that an adapted scratching post build since it’s STR based and not SPR, but the idea of having Lycan + Breaking Wheel remains.

Big wolf is indeed SP intensive but it’s nothing you can’t manage with lv 15 condensed sp pots. Even when spamming Demolition + God Smash, I don’t actually run out of sp. At most, i’ll keep one Keista potion (have billions of them now) in shortcut for when I’m really low on sp, but I rarely ever use it.

Damage is high when Breaking Wheel is out. God Smash with +30% damage from Lycan hits quite hard indeed (around 140k damage with trans 2 primus raffye two-handed mace on lv 300 dg). The problem of course is the AoE atk ratio limitation when you don’t have Breaking Wheel to spread your damage, and the overall AoE range of God Smash + Demolition (which isn’t small, but isn’t too big either). Centaurus cards investment is a must.

I picked Diev 1 for the obvious +20% damage against mobs in Chortasmata, but I don’t think diev 1 is a must for this kind of build. Priest 1 for ressurection or even Cleric 3 for more heals would both be fine.

Adapting build to SPR would also be possible, this would make it easier without the need for constant SP pots but lower your overall damage until you have high trans weapon.

Lycan damage depends on the sum of physical atk + magical atk so having 2h blunt is certainly something interesting for the big wolf.

I would say it’s not a bad build, but nothing too amazing either (like those OP zealot c2 lightnings). Certainly very fun to play with and very unusual off-meta.

That’s pretty much what I was looking for. A STR or mixed based wolf build going off into inquisitor that makes use of Paladin 2 or Monk 1 for a 2h weapon. I also like the idea of being able to convert monsters with Paladin’s abilities and then lead them around like the alpha of a wolf pack.

Good to know that the wolf has adaptive damage. I had totally forgotten about Deiv and that Carving is actually a physical attack, which would be good for this build as well. Druid also benefits a lot from having Int for Carnivory damage so I will probably experiment with splitting my stats between int and power.

What do you think of skipping Cleric C2 and Diev and going two circles in Krivis instead? Would that end up giving me sustain problems due to weaker heals and utility?

I would say skipping cleric C2 is rather problematic for any cleric build. The truth is, cleric c2 heals more than double what a cleric c1 can heal. This is because not only heal lv 10 doubles the amount of squares on the floor, but it also makes each square heal slightly better.

If you’re going full STR or even half STR half INT, I would say certainly don’t skip cleric c2. STR doesn’t increase your healing power, so only having Heal lv 5 on a STR (or half STR) build will make your support capability extremely weak (even to heal just yourself!). You’re a cleric and you want at the very least to be able to heal yourself and not have to rely on HP pots.

Being a full SPR or full INT build, you can pick only cleric c1, but be aware that it’ll only be enough to heal yourself only. It’s a rather selfish option, in my opinion, because most players expect clerics to at least heal their party members when playing with one.

Taking two circles of krivis is not really giving you a great amount of extra damage. Zaibas isn’t bad if you are a full INT build, but I wouldn’t recommend going full INT on that build since you’d only have Zaibas + Carnivory dealing magical damage (with divine stigma being used mostly to buff Zaibas dmg). Between Zaibas + Carnivory full INT and God Smash + Demolition full STR, I would pick the latter (overall better skill factor and more burst dps).

If you really want to go full INT, it’s better to scratch the whole build and remake it thinking on magic-focused classes. Paladin 2 is getting zero benefit from a INT build. So maybe you can turn that into Sadhu 2 or even Krivis 3 Cleric 2. You may also want to rethink Inquisitor at the end (maybe switch it with Taoist?).

Hybrid builds with both physical and magical skills can work, but they require high enough trans weapons that make STR / INT stats meaningless. If you have the option to choose between two builds, one that requires a lot of investment to be decent, and another that doesn’t require as much investment, why would you choose the first?

It all depends on what you really want. If you 100% don’t care about your party and want to be a solo player, Cleric 1 isn’t a bad option. If you want to party occasionally, I wouldn’t recommend ditching cleric 2.

Carve atk has too low skill factor and always hit only one target. It’s not really good enough even when using on Breaking Wheel.

I really wasn’t thinking about support at all with this build, but I do want to be able to heal myself, and it looks like STR is the way to go. But good advice either way, I will play it safe and stick with Cleric 2.

Alternatively, I could go full INT and take C3 in Krivis with only one circle in Paladin, but then I would absolutely run into mana problems. And it seems a shame to carry a 2H mace if I’m not going to be smashing things with it occasionally.

I don’t mind investing fairly heavily into a fun build. I just completed a Thaumaturge Enchanter farmer and am looking to put it to use by funding something unusual.I don’t currently have a boss killer so this might be well worth making. I’m much more interested in a build that has high potential with high investment over one that’s better with less investment but doesn’t have as high potential, because a high potential build gives me more to work towards and therefore ultimately feels more worthwile.

Picking paladin C2 is mostly for Demolition, which provides very good skill factor (more than God Smash!) and an insane amount of +AoE atk ratio.

Paladin C1 is really lackluster, if you’d ask me. It provides nearly nothing as Smite is already weak enough without Conviction. If you’re looking for just one class circle to use 2h mace with, Monk c1 does a better job due to Palm Strike bleed + Hand Knife armor break.

You could (instead of centaurus) use Prison cutter cards for +30% damage on bleeding targets, since you’d have Palm Strike to inflict bleeding now. Double Punch spam would be less effective than Lycan’s scratch and consume way too much sp to use. This build has less AoE dps and is more boss / single target dps oriented.

Remember Hand knife’s armor break and Palm Strike’s bleed both spread through Breaking Wheel, which could make this build quite interesting!

If you’re making full STR cleric 1 -> krivis 3 -> monk 1 -> druid 3 -> inqui 1, at least make sure you max Aukuras for some alternative healing capability since your Heal lv 5 will be pretty weak by itself.

Going either full INT or full STR will require mana pot spam. You’ll need to be using mana pots about as soon as their cooldown refreshes. But if you do that, you won’t actually be running out out mana.

Pure STR physical builds or pure INT magical builds have as much potential as hybrid magic/physical builds. The latter just requires investment to actually show that potential.

With a Krivis 3 build, I’d definitely be going full INT and using Aukuras for damage, mostly just so I can take advantage of Daino with inquisitor’s wheel. I also already have a Krivis 3 Druid 1 plague doctor and am worried this would feel too similar (another Krivis build)

As much as I’d love to spread aoe bleeding with wheel, it would feel very underwhelming to build mostly INT and then have bleeding scale with attack. Though I guess using it primarily as a damage amp is a cool idea. This really seems like something a dedicated monk inquisitor build would be much better at doing though.

Paladin also seems attractive for being able to turn monsters and provide defenses, so paladin 2 is still looking best to me right now.

How about Cleric 3, Deiv/Krivis1, Monk? This way I can use Guardian Saint to recover SP, have decently powerful heals without INT investment and also monk bleeds. Leveling it in the early to mid stages may be a chore though.

You can’t basic attack with Lycan, though. So Daino won’t work with Scratch. You can, however, do dagger attacks as @wurmheart has noted before. He might know about this better than me, as I’ve never built a mace + dagger Lycan. You’d have to be giving up on 2h mace, though.

I’m not fond of Guardian Saint as it requires someone else to step on it for you, it only lasts 18 hits (with divine might), and has a really long cooldown of 90 seconds. Cleric c3 is certainly not a bad class, though.

I think I still prefer Paladin 2, though, because Demolition is really hard to pass up on.

Since we’re talking about alternative builds, Cleric 2 Bokor 3 Druid 3 Inqui 1 full SPR might also be something interesting to look at. No 2h blunt tho.

Paladin 2 it is then. Seems the most well-rounded anyway and I’ll probably save the monk interactions for an eventual inquisi-zealot later on down the line.