Tree of Savior Forum

[Class/Dead Thread] Kabbalist - The Odd Middle Child

This thread is dead. Please refer to this one instead: [Class] Kabbalist Overview

I see a lot of threads for Plague Doctors (and for good reason, that class is amazing). However 0 threads for Kabbalist. Which makes it seem like the odd middle child in the Cleric Family Tree that is trying to get it’s life together; while the Older Sibling is a Environmental Activist & the Younger Sibling is working on the cure for Cancer.

Change Log
[4.13.2016] - Added considerations for a Tank-Kabbalist, & added more to the Classes section.
[4.14.2016] - Stat Ratio, Ability, Class, & Builds changes
[4.15.2016] - Videos Section, Typo Edits, & Builds update.
[4.17.2016] - Clean Up
[4.19.2016] - Skill Builds
[4.22.2016] - Changing Accounts on the forums, as such this one won’t be updated… oops

Anyways… let’s go over Kabbalist as a whole…

• Rank 7 Class, that is tagged as Support.
  • Ability to reduce a mob’s level via number calculations & possibly more with the next Circle.
  • Increase an Ally’s Max HP by 100% or when Attributed half the amount and Restore an equal portion of SP.
  • Payback Ability returns x7 the damage +an additional % of the damage back tot he attacker, while you take next to nothing.
  • AoE Damage skill that deals significant damage in a concentrated area.

##Class Abilities
Revenged Sevenfold - 5/5, anytime you would take damage, reduce the damage and return x7 Damage back to the attacker. Can be attributed for an additional 5 seconds to the duration & a 30% chance of inflicting Curse for 4 seconds.
This ability is amazing for both PvP & PvE, since it lasts for 60 seconds & is hilariously fun to kill people with.

Ein Sof - 5/5, Places a tile on the ground, when you or an Ally walks into the title increasing Maximum HP by a % for a duration. Can be attributed to increase the buff duration by 5 seconds & Half of the Maximum HP is converted to SP Recovery.
Take note of the Bolded statement. This attribute makes the Kabbalist class standout as the only class to be able to directly restore SP. Use this to keep your ally’s SP topped off to spam more or keep yourself alive with more HP.

Merkabah - 5/5, AoE Damage Ability, after a short delay send wheels to a specified area to deal Magical Damage. Also during the delay, Allies can ride Merkabah and increase the damage dealt (To Be Confirmed). Can be attributed to increase the damage by 100% & inflicts Pertrification on targets affected by Curse.
This is your AoE Damage ability. It’s not the most reliable skill for PvP as there is a delay, but it may be interesting as a zoning ability. The Petrification attribute sounds good on paper, but how easy it is to proc in the field is a another issue.

Gematria - Calculates a number based on the enemy’s name. No Attributes.
Use this or Notarikon to activate Reduce Level. As of now, this ability is fairly useless as it only combos off of Reduce Level. Hopefully more useful at Kabbalist Circle 2.

Notarikon - Calculates a number based on the first and last letter of the enemy’s name. No Attributes.
Use this or Gematria to activate Reduce Level. Same as Gematria, useless as it only combos off Reduce Level.

Reduce Level - Decreases the level of the enemy based on the calculated number from Gematria or Notarikon. No Attributes.
Reducing the level of the enemy makes it so the mob deals less damage and takes more damage due to the stats being reduced. It is single target, and it is unknown if it works on bosses. This ability is bad all around, as it requires Gematria & Notarikon to be activated.

Stats

• STR - No, It will help early on with Auto Attacks, but falls off later on as you don’t have anything that really scales off this stat.

• CON - Yes, survival is key to any Support Class. I would say 100 is a good amount, but more isn’t bad as you are able to increase it further with Ein Sof.

• INT - Maybe, Make this the Primary Stat if you are building a INT-Kabbalist. If you are a Full Support, a few points in here does help increase your Heals & Magic Damage numbers in general.

• SPR - Maybe, Make this the Primary Stat if you are looking into Full-Support. Especially important if you spec’d Priest. Otherwise 90 to 120 is enough.

• DEX - Nope, Critical strikes do not affect magic skills, and is overall not a good stat for Kabbalist or any Magic-Based Class in general.

I would say these stat ratios would be ideal:
Full Support or Tank-Kabbalist: CON 3 : SPR 1

• This will probably work best with a buddy to level with. In the late game, it keep you extremely tanky. I would stop putting points into SPR at around 90 or 100 and invest into INT or more CON.

INT-Kabbalist: INT 3 : CON 1

• The INT will help you rip through enemies early on with Spells. A little CON saves you some trouble from being one-shot. SPR isn’t required, but put some points in if you feel the need.

Classes

Cleric 2 - Take Circle 2 if you are considering a full support build as having 10 Heal tiles is fairly standard. Safety Wall is standard. Deprotected Zone is nice since you have a lot of SPR to boost it. Cure is good for an INT-Kabbalist as it scales off of INT. Divine Might is a great buff and benefits every party member. Fade also makes it so you aren’t targeted by enemies.

Priest 3 - Blessing. Sacrament, & Monstrance increases the party’s damage. Aspersion, Revive, Mass Heal & Stone Skin are essential for defense. Take note that Aspersion, Mass Heal & Stone Skin scale off of SPR making them extremely good for Full-Support.

Krivis 1 or 2 - If you are doing a INT-Kabbalist, Krivis is a must. Zaibas will be your main damage dealing ability. Zalciai increases Critical Attack & reduces Critical Resistance of enemies. Daino is also extremely useful as it increases the number of buffs you can be affected by. Circle 2 will get you Divine Stigma for STR & INT Buff for your party. Aukuras is OK, but not a priority.

Bokor 2 - Great for an option for an INT-Kabbalist. The zombies are not notable until Circle 2 when you can start manipulating them more. But Hexing & Effigy are what you would grab from this class.

Dievdirby 2 or 3 - One of the few classes in the game that has access to reduce cooldowns & SP cost reduction. Circle 2 will get you Carve Owl which is the main source of damage from this Class. If you choose this class, you can become a SP Battery in the end game.

Sadhu 2 - It’s not impressive at first glance. However, Astral Body Explosion is also a notable AoE ability. Circle 2 will get you Possession which would be your main damaging ability and binds enemies in front of you. If you are considering Sadhu, go Circle 2.

Paladin Any - If you are considering a Tank-Kabbalist, this is the ideal class to go. Restoration & Resist Elements will increase your overall survival. Conviction gives you a Elemental Debuff which is nice. Barrier is interesting, but I have seen many arguments for and against it. Overall, the defensive power of Paladin is further augmented by Revenged Sevenfold & Ein Sof.

Monk 0 - No. You gain no benefits from this class. If you are doing a STR-Cleric, why bother with Kabbalist? Circle 3 Monk is better for more points into Energy Blast, etc.

Pardoner 2 - A great option. You get access to the only Magic Defense Buff in the game. At Circle 2 you can vend Buff Scrolls to players while you are offline. I would probably look into this with Priest so you can vend the buffs.

Chaplain - The Hidden Class of Cleric. Think of it as Priest Circle 4. You can turn into auto-attack DPS with Aspergillum. Last Rites stacks on top of your other buffs. Deploy Capella applies ALL of your buffs to Allies in a Area that they can constantly refresh. Magnus Exorcismus turns your Exocrise title into a pillar of light, which is hard to use. Honestly if you are going Priest 3, and if you don’t feel like the other classes are helping you, Chaplain is a great option.

Oracle 1 - A very underrated Cleric Class. Arcane Energy increases your party’s Max SP & Stamina. You can manipulate item drops with Resetting which is very unique. You also have access to Counter Spell which removes ground tile spells which is great for PvP. Great class overall.

Druid 1 - A DPS Cleric Class. Gives you a great damage on bosses and mobs with the Chortasmata & Carnivory. However… If you are playing a DPS Cleric, Druid Circle 2 is better than Kabbalist.

Build Considerations:

• All Priest Buffs + Heals
  • Can turn any INT & SPR into damage with Aspergillum
  • If you feel you have too much SPR, add points into INT or CON.
  • Arcane Energy for a larger SP pool
  • Item Manipulation
  • Access to Counter Spell for PvP.
  • Dievdirby statues for SP & Cooldown Reduction.
  • Ein Sof for SP restoration
  • Similar to the SP Battery build, but more offensive.
  • Continuous spam of offensive abilities
  • Great AoE Damage
  • This would probably work better for Druid 2
  • All Priest Buffs
  • Paladin Auras for Elemental Resistance & HP & SP recovery.
  • Stone Skin, Revive, & Ein Sof keeps you up

Videos

Tree Of Savior KR - Kabbalist C1 Skill In Action

• All the Kabbalist C1 abilities in action.

Tree of Savior - lv 240 dungeon - with 4 healer

• The PoV is from the Cannoneer, but note the Dievdirby Statues & Kabbalist’s Ein Sof keeping the SP topped off for continuous Ability spam.

##Final Thoughts
Overall Kabbalist is extremely independent & doesn’t seem to combo up with any other class on the surface. Also half of the class is currently very unimpressive & useless because the abilities are in a bad state. However the Abilities that are useful are amazing. If you are looking for something to round out your support or tank builds.

Please feel free to comment below if I missed anything or didn’t mention something. I’d be more than happy to add it.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m grasping at Straws here, and maybe it’ll change at a later date, but I don’t think you should completely count out STR Paladin just yet? As far as I can tell, Kabbalist doesn’t scale very well damage wise. Your only damaging abilities are Revenged Sevenfold and Merkabah. Revenged Sevenfold scales off of damage received primarily it seems? And Merkabah (based solely on the description) doesn’t seem like it multihits.

So, Ein Sof HP bonus + Revenged sevenfold sound like they could be fairly useful to a tanky character like a Paladin. It would also synergize really well with caster DPS because of Ein Sof and the MDef reduction that Paladin has. But obviously just theorycrafting here, so idk.

Is wrong.

Both mobs attack at the same time, but the first hit consumes the buff and the other deals damage as normal.

1 Like

Maybe I’m grasping at Straws here, and maybe it’ll change at a later date, but I don’t think you should completely count out STR Paladin just yet? As far as I can tell, Kabbalist doesn’t scale very well damage wise. Your only damaging abilities are Revenged Sevenfold and Merkabah. Revenged Sevenfold scales off of damage received primarily it seems? And Merkabah (based solely on the description) doesn’t seem like it multihits.

So, Ein Sof HP bonus + Revenged sevenfold sound like they could be fairly useful to a tanky character like a Paladin. It would also synergize really well with caster DPS because of Ein Sof and the MDef reduction that Paladin has. But obviously just theorycrafting here, so idk.

I think you bring up a good point. However I think STR-Clerics would be better off going Monks as a general statement. If you were aiming to be a Paladin + Kabbalist, I feel CON, SPR, STR mix would work. However I do know that STR-Pallys were really rough to level since you don’t get many offensive abilities early on. Krivis 2 would get you some decent damage but I feel it would fall off pretty hard without INT.

Maybe if you had a partner to level with, otherwise that sounds really rough to level solo.

Is wrong.

Both mobs attack at the same time, but the first hit consumes the buff and the other deals damage as normal.

Edited. I saw another video that can’t find now with a Kabbalist destroying Krivis in PvP with RS. I’m not sure if I can find the video…

I heard that you can ride on the flaming wheel spell. is that true?

Well, I just started one, so we’ll find out I guess :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going C2 > Diev > Pal3 > ???

After mulling it over. That’s probably what I would do as well. You could maybe drop Cleric 2 for Diev 2 for Carve Owl. That would get you more damage for leveling, dungeons & world bosses.

Haven’t seen anything like that. So I can’t confirm or deny.

You can’t drop cleric 2 for diev 2. If I could I would, but I’d rather have more heals and safety zone from 2 ranks of cleric than priest 1 or kriv 1.

Not the same video maybe but this post has a PvP example.

That’s the video. Thanks!

INT-Kabbalist: CON 1 (up to 100)| INT 2/3 | SPR 2/1

SPR isn’t needed. I’m C1>K3 currently, soon to be C2, then Druid1>Kabbalist.

at 100 lvl I have 0 SP problems without any SPR investment. Doesn’t matter if I solo or in a party (where people burn their SP 3-4x faster than me). When i get more spell rotations at Druid/Kabbalist, Ein Sof should solve the SP problem assuming there would be one in the first place.

Yeah looking that back over. I’m going to tweak those numbers with that in mind. Thanks!

Saw this over at reddit,

Kabbalist got a damage buff for Merkabah.

카발리스트 [Kabbalist]
메르카바 [Merkabah]
대미지가 상향됩니다. (초기값 697.32 → 765, 레벨당 증가치 142.39 → 175.39)

Aspercion and Aspergillum also get damage off your INT due to Aspercion’s damage being magical attack, I’d say this should be noted.

Kabbalist’s Merkabahs can be mounted by you and friends (This is the reason for the delay, time for you to get on them), when a Merkabah with someone on them hits and enemy it deals double the damage.

Uh… anyone got a link to Gwenyth’s pastebin?
I don’t have it at hand now for the patch notes.

Saw this video of a cannoner commenting on Kabbalist as a support in a 240 dungeon. Ein Sof & Dievdirby Zemnya statue works wonders in helping the dps classes output more dps without worrying about SP at all.

Aspersion actually scales with SPR for the Damage, which then effects Aspergillum. But yes, I noted points into INT would be beneficial if your SPR is in a good spot.

Oh so you can! That’s neat. I’ll note it down. I wonder if there is a video…

Thanks for this. I think it’s time to make a video section.

Yeah it uses SPR too, but A LOT of people think it ONLY gets damage from SPR, so clarification would be good just in case.
I’ve explained this way too many times to others…