Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Bokor Thread

Yeah that’s fine too; the choices aren’t limited to just the ones I picked out (Just pls no phys-dps classes).

I don’t know if I’d say ‘worth it’ considering Sadhu’s current state, but they’re not terrible, so if you were already interested in Sadhu and aware of their current standing then go for it.

YOU’RE VERY WELCOME!

As for the build:

• Cleric C1

• Other than the Lv3 Safety Zone (Should be Lv5 minimum but we’ll fix that in C2), this is fine.

• Krivis C1

• Zalciai should be at least Lv3, for the Enhance Attribute. You can take 2 points away from Aukuras to accomplish this.

• Aukuras: -2 points
    • Zalciai: +2 points
  • Cleric C2

• Safety Zone should be at least Lv5 (Since you plan on doing PvP, you could raise it higher) even with the Block Count attribute, so we’ll take 2 points from Cure for that.

• Cure: -2 points
    • Safety Zone: +2 points
  • Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Druid C1

• This is fine.

• Druid C2

• You could move 4 points from Transform into Telepath since I can’t think of 1 Transformation you’d even use for a whole 60 seconds. You could also choose to move those 4 points from Chortasmata instead, since you gain the Duration attribute at C2. Telepath is used to control an enemy’s movement and walk them into a damaging area.

• Transform and/or Chortasmata: -4 points total
    • Telepath: +4 points

Correct on both.

Should continue to place 40% of your points into CON (2:3 CON ~ INT) until 280.

\o

Let’s see!

• Cleric C1

• (Minus the Safety Zone Lv3) This is fine.

• Krivis C1

• Move 1 point from Zalciai here into Aukuras, since Zalciai doesn’t need to be past Lv3 for the Enhance attribute.

• Zalciai: -1 points
    • Aukuras: +1 points
  • Cleric C2

• Move 2 points from Cure here into Safety Zone; I personally feel it shouldn’t be under Lv5 even with the C2 attribute.

• Cure: -2 points
    • Safety Zone: +2 points
  • Bokor C1 - C2

• Mackangdal doesn’t need to be past Lv1 in a PvE build, and Zombies still have their use on the field and in dungeons. Although, if you really don’t want to, you don’t have to use the Zombies, so this part of advice can be ignored:

• Mackangdal: -4 points
    • Hexing: -1 points
    • Tet Mamak La: +1 points
    • Zombify: +3 points
    • Bwa Kayiman: +3 points
  • Pardoner

• Should move 1 point from Increase Magic Defense into Indulgentia for use when debuffing is necessary.

• Increase Magic Defense: -1 points
    • Indulgentia: +1 points
  • Plague Doctor

• Healing Factor should be placed at Lv3 minimum. You should also consider placing 1 point into Fumigate, since Bloodletting only prevents debuffs and won’t remove debuffs that already exist on the party members, which is where Fumi comes in. You can choose to not invest the point into Fumigate, but Healing Factor raised is highly advised.

• Bloodletting and/or Pandemic: -3 points total
    • Healing Factor: +2 points
    • Fumigate: +1 points (Optional)
1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

@Sixaxis Thank you so much for the advice. I would like your opinion on a few more things. Firstly I wanted to salvage my old char which has 4 points into zombify. I was thinking of making all of your changes but leaving bwa at 1 and lowering same to 4 since i have divine might. I’m curious as to when I should use the zombies. I know the perma knockdown is quite helpful in dungeons but shouldnt i just be spamming effigy instead of happy training? Same goes for fields why cc mobs if i can stab the ■■■■ out of the doll instead? And my 2nd question is can i exchange pardoner for oracle in this build. I dread the loss of Discerning Evil but love all of oracles unique skills and costume. Since effigy spam is my focus is pardoner to essential for my build? My 2nd reason for being unsure about oracle is that prophecy becomes useless because of blood letting. Do you think that maybe lowering prophecy to 1 and putting those points into Arcane Energy would fix this problem? Sorry for the long post. Just really cautious about making mistakes in my build again.

AHHH the autotarget system give me a hard time. Seriously, someone know a way to use Hexing even with a Crowd of zombies? D:

Hey there, I really want to know you guys opinion on this build I’m working on right now (80 CON rest INT): http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/qjnwr9q6hl/ (the extra points in druid are just so I can more easily distribute them in case C3 has anything worth it)

My idea was to have cleric 2 and druid for safety zone and sterea trofh invulnerability buffs, so possession and out of body can’t be as easily interrupted. Then Bokor C1’s hexing + effigy so I can spam effigy together with OOB attacks on single targets as a filler for my possession, cure and carnivory’s downtime. Also, effigy would help me out with flying monsters.

Am I wrong to think Bokor C1 brings much more to this build than krivis 1 or cleric C3?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I just wanna drop by to say ‘thank you!’ to this thread.

Effigy 5 is really nice as an “autoattack.”

I’ve reached rank 4 so far (Cl-Pr-Pr-Bok) and, you know what, this Wiz-style autoattack destroys things.

FYI I’m a full-time healer/support and have no desire to kill (well, not really).

I keep my Bokor at C1 only and will take Cleric again at rank 5 for Healz.

To Bokor. :wine_glass:

i really want to undersand kabbalist class, but no matter what i cant seems to get a gasp of that class at all with all those skills relating to numerical values

[quote=“Sixaxis, post:464, topic:242687”]
Should continue to place 40% of your points into CON (2:3 CON ~ INT) until 280.
[/quote]That much? That’s a lot, I might not go for GvG at all then… :confused:

Thanks for the feedback. I don’t think Zalciai’s attribute is worth it outside of a SPR build though… 100 is decent, but it requires your party members to crit, which the physical party members won’t more often than not. Zalciai is only gotten at lv1 as an additional debuff for Incineration.

I thought about points into Telepath, but lv1 is enough for walking people into aoes… and the points into Transform are more there as a filler. I’d also like to test some things with it.

I’m also starting to think about Cleric c3 instead of Krivis. Not because of Heal 15 (I think I’d leave it at 10), but that’d solve the problem of points into Safety Wall, and Cure15/DM10 is good… I don’t want to have to sacrifice points from Cure. Also, Krivis1 barely adds anything other than possible debuffs for Incineration, because the build doesn’t need Daino and Zaibas requires c2 for aoe, without c2 it’s just a good filler in the rotation… which I don’t really need considering I have Effigy.

Btw, how heavy is the SP consumption on lv10 Effigy if used as a rotation filler? Are SP + alchemist pots enough at all?

EDIT: and how strong is the Blind debuff? Any difference at all?

[quote="AHopz, post:467, topic:242687, full:true"] AHHH the autotarget system give me a hard time. Seriously, someone know a way to use Hexing even with a Crowd of zombies? D: [/quote]Get Plague Doctor, spread Hexing and w/e other debuffs you have access to with Pandemic, and laugh your evillest laugh as you watch Incinerate burn everything and Effigy become a huge aoe. :imp:

SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO WATCH THE WORLD B U R N

[quote="yurichalps, post:468, topic:242687"] Am I wrong to think Bokor C1 brings much more to this build than krivis 1 or cleric C3? [/quote]No, you're right. The best way to use INT Sadhu is probably with Bokor, in fact.

Just consider that you will have SP problems. Effigy spam’s really taxing.

[quote="fairyflamer7, post:470, topic:242687"] i really want to undersand kabbalist class, but no matter what i cant seems to get a gasp of that class at all with all those skills relating to numerical values [/quote]How2 understand Kabbalist: 1. ignore the number skills completely, since they're all useless atm; 2. understand what the non-number skills do; 3. win :smile:

There’s a Kabbalist thread with good info on the class if you want more details, too.

Well… I earned it haha.
I’m going to Oracle > Kabbalist, so Plague Doctor is out of question. In this stance there is some round about in Bokor Class?
And anyway the problem is >using< the skill and not the AoE. The putrid crap keep going in and getting my auto target :C

@AHopz I’m not sure I understand your issue. Some round? Kabbalist does have very good synergy with Bokor though.

Putrid crap??? XD
Have you tried playing with mouse? Many classes have targeting difficulties in ToS when playing with keyboard, not sure if that’s your issue…

Some way around** ~~

yep, putrid crap, the zombies.

Well, the mouse option looks promising. But anyway they should disable the zombies target for Bokor, like they did with pets. Like “why I wanna target my own zombie?”

And again my crap english yas

[quote=“AHopz, post:474, topic:242687, full:true”]
Some way around** ~~

yep, putrid crap, the zombies.

Well, the mouse option looks promising. But anyway they should disable the zombies target for Bokor, like they did with pets. Like “why I wanna target my own zombie?”

And again my crap english yas
[/quote]Oh ok, some way around what though? The targeting problem?

Agreed though. IMC quality games ™. I guess they’ll disable it eventually, but still, so much in this game just doesn’t make sense XD.

Yeah, definitely try mouse instead. Bokor isn’t the only class with targeting problems either, so mouse is just much more practical.

If by solo bosses you mean Quest Bosses, then yeah no problem. If you mean dungeon bosses, then once you’re at Rank 7 and geared, you shouldn’t have too many problems solo boss-rushing 90-130-190-200 (Once the Damballa damage bug is patched over here from kToS, since that’s one of the problems). As for the solo world bosses (And actually get a cube), definitely not happening unless your character is 100%'d on Attributes and geared for end-game, except for when there’s no proper competition during that time to keep you out of the Top 6.

Well, I’ve gotten a cube from Dullahan before against Ele 3’s / Warlock / Fletcher without a party, but I’m sure Damballa wasn’t bugging out then.

This is okay.

In dungeons, use Bwa Kayiman to lure large rooms of monsters to one spot and knockdown-lock them there. If you have a Taunt Swordsman there, then the knockdown-lock isn’t needed. If there’s no proper Healer (Meaning no Cleric C2 or Priest C2+), then you hold the mobs down with the knockdown lock if there’s too many being held (Example: 15+ mobs being held down would be better kept there until some of them die off instead of releasing them all at once on the party with no Tank). Once some of them die off, then you Hex -> Effigy the remaining down. Thanks to Bwa, it’s possible to efficiently get through every dungeon in the game (Maybe except Earth Tower) with only Cleric C1 heals.

You’ll almost never use Bwa Kayiman for CC on the field.

You can. Discerning Evil is more for extending Incineration than it is for Hexing, since Hexing’s duration is longer than it’s cooldown.

Thanks to Prophecy, you can have more points moved from Bloodletting into Pandemic / Healing Factor. Arcane Energy doesn’t really benefit you much, just certain other classes that make use of Stamina, so I wouldn’t recommend investing in it too heavily. 1 - 2 points at most.

If you’re using Keyboard / Controller, then distance yourself a bit from your target when you can’t lock onto the enemy to use Hexing. I use Auto (Mouse + Controller) and I still get that from time to time.

@yurichalps

Let’s see:

• Cleric C1 - C2

• Since you’re not going for any SPR, then the only thing would be to raise Safety Zone up to Lv5 by taking 1 point away from Cure.

• Cure: -1 points
    • Safety Zone: +1 points
  • Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Sadhu C1 - C2

• This is fine.

• Druid C1 - C2

• You have 7 points leftover in this Circle, that you can use for Transform. Other than that, this is fine.

Damage-wise, yes, it does more for you than both of those as a Sadhu, and the Heal Tiles from Cleric C3 are mostly unnecessary so you’re set.

Glad it was of this much help to so many people! \o/

Yup, because you need to survive getting killed in a few hits or after getting CC’d, which means as much HP as possible (Within reason). Certain classes can move you out of your Safety Zone / Sterea, so it’s not something you can rely on for absolute protection.

It’s still a helpful buff (specifically for Archers), and with Aukuras being a Zone Buff (Meaning it doesn’t stay on you after you run out of it’s range) and Lv 2 vs Lv 4 having just a 1s difference, it doesn’t hurt to prioritize Zalciai.

Ah, if for Transform-testing then yeah, it can be left as it is.

Cleric C3’s actually only really worthwhile specifically for those extra heal tiles (For PvP), since Zaibas with it’s Overheat beats 5 more points into Cure. There’s Guardian Saint (For PvP), and I think Mackangdal + Saint on a tanky team member may allow you to go Yolo incase Safety Zone or Sterea doesn’t pull through at the end, but with a 50% chance / 90 second cooldown and only 15 hits, I can’t say that’s really reliable. The only other thing I could see being good is the higher Divine Might.

If you spam it non-stop, it’ll eat away even the Alch pots before the cooldown for them is over. Double-edged sword (Or Doll).

In PvP, if you’re fast enough and the enemy is slow enough, you can Effigy kite them outside their vision. In PvE, it stops the monsters blinded from even moving (As long as whoever has aggro on them isn’t standing right next to them).

4 Likes

It becomes just “Okay”; a filler skill to use when your SP is low from Effigy.

1 Like

You mention [guardian saint]. Can you use it on zombies?

Alright, thanks again for the feedback o/

I guess I’ll just go Priest1 instead of Krivis then, I want this to be viable for endgame dungeons. I get your point about Zalciai though.

You can’t.

Also small tip for whoever might need it: zombies cannot pick up most of single-target buff cells like Healing Factor or Rune of Giants. But for whatever reason they can steal your Ein Sof so be careful here future adepts of Kabbalah :smirk:

@Sixaxis Thank you for all fo your input. I decided I should just remake m char they were only at 80 not to big of a deal to make another one. I think for optimization sake I’ll go pardoner. Debuffs and dots are kinda my thing so being able to extend the hurt seems awesome. Here are the changes I’ve made. Would like it if you could rereview my build and see if this is as solid as a pve effigy build could be.