Tree of Savior Forum

[Class] Bokor Thread

Hello
I’m sorry for being bothersome, but I’m hoping for some help with deciding my future build - I’d like to have a nice enough build for parties without feeling masochistic while trying to level up. I already have a Diev support character but I also wanted to try out Bokor…

All of those without SPR:
I’ve been advised to go Cleric2Bokor3OraclePD:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4114448e.1a26365361.1f2f5679.21314155617195.1525314153
with no points in zombies and self “Speed” buff like chrono

But I’ve been also thinking about going with Kabbalist instead of PD(for petrification) or with a hybrid zombie build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4114448f.1a26365361.172f31455561758195.21314155617195.123545516181

I’ve also been thinking about going Cleric3Bokor2 or Cleric2Bokor2Priest1
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4114418e.1f2c3841536175.1a2a5575.314154617195.152531415261

And honestly I have no idea which one is better. The only thing that makes me perplexed is how I’ve been reading about bokors being rejected from the parties, so I’d prefer to find a build that lessens the chance of that.

IMHO, Those people that are rejecting Bokors are those that will never accept any other class other than the standard list of cookie cutter build. Unless someone makes a vid with “EXTREME BOKOR PWANAGE” that raises the population of Bokors to current Fletcher levels, nothing else is going to change their mind around it.

Not at all! Happy to help, and welcome to the Bokor club. \o

Advice will be based on you grabbing no SPR for a PvE build:

• Cleric C1 - C2

• You have 4 points left in this Circle. Also, Safety Zone doesn’t really need to be leveled past Lv5 because the Attribute gives you the majority of the hit-blocks.

• Safety Zone: -1 points
    • Cure: +4 points
    • Divine Might: +1 points
  • Bokor C1 - C2 - C3

• Hexing doesn’t need to be leveled past Lv10, as it’s overkill (You’ll rarely if ever hit a situation where that extra AoE Ratio from Lv15 will get to be applied), and you have Pandemic for better Hex-application anyway. Mackangdal doesn’t need to be leveled past Lv1, as +1 seconds per skill level doesn’t really benefit you much in PvE, and you have more important skills to invest in. Ogouveve causes an AoE debuff, which works with Incineration, and also slightly boosts the damage of the Zombies you have out. The damage boost isn’t really important in the state of Zombies at end-game, but well, it’s just 1 point.

• Hexing: -5 points
    • Mackangdal: -5 points
    • Tet Mamak La: +1 points
    • Bwa Kayiman: +1 points
    • Ogouveve: +1 points
    • Zombify: +4 points
    • Damballa: +3 points
  • Oracle C1

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• This is fine.

And now the second build:

That Petrification isn’t really something you can do consistently, nor does it make much impact in PvE, thanks to Merkabah’s 45 second cooldown. That aside:

• Cleric C1 - C2

• You have 4 points left in this Circle. Also, Safety Zone doesn’t really need to be leveled past Lv5 because the Attribute gives you the majority of the hit-blocks.

• Safety Zone: -1 points
    • Cure: +4 points
    • Divine Might: +1 points
  • Bokor C1 - C3

• Same thing as before with the Mackangdal. Down to Lv1 it goes! Also, the Zombify:Damballa ratio for Zombies:Targets is too wide. If you’d like to make the most of Damballa, you’ll have to raise Zombify to at least Lv10. So the changes would be:

• Hexing: -1 points
    • Mackangdal: -4 points
    • Zombify: +5 points
  • Oracle

• This is fine.

• Kabbalist

• You don’t really need Ein Sof past Lv3 where you’d grab the SP restoration Attribute. But given the current state of the number skills, there’s not much else you could put those extra points into, so I guess it’s fine.

Cleric C3 is a biiit unnecessary; those extra heal tiles won’t be needed in PvE. Also, Priest C2 or nothing, since Priest C1 doesn’t offer enough benefits to make it worth a Rank.

I wonder what parties they’d be rejected from; I’m Lv235 and no one’s ever rejected or kicked me from any party. I don’t mean to sound ‘cocky’ with this, but other than Earth Tower, Bokor is the second-strongest CC class in the game and puts out more DPS than any of the other Cleric classes (With Plague Doc). The main downfall of how people saw Bokor before this was that there was no general information available on what was ‘good’ and ‘bad’ in the build; the thing I saw the most was “Zombies are garbage” when Zombies aren’t supposed to be used as a main source of DPS at end-game.

I haven’t been leveling much since I lost a bit of motivation after hitting Rank 7, but I’ll at least struggle to hit Earth Tower so I can confirm how we do in there.

I skewed my chances a bit at doing that by going Kappalist over Plague Doc. I just got tired of looking at an empty SP bar and wanted to reflect people in PvP. :sob:

1 Like

I don’t quite see much downsides of going Kabb over PD. Both provide different forms of support. What PD has going on is spreading of hexing through pandemic and the OP healing factor. But that’s getting nerfed on kTOS. Kabb has Revenge 7 and the petrification combo. (which frankly speaking i have no idea how challenging is it going to be pulling that off. But it sure as heck looks interesting XDDDDD)

I myself am still onroute towards kabb. Am a C3 > B3 atm. Also, thanks for your advise earlier. After much consideration, i’ve decided to just stick with C3 instead for more heals squares XDD

PD is the better ‘overall’ package, even in Arena after the nerf to Healing Factor and Bloodletting. Support-wise it could be argued on which one is better for PvE, since debuffs could be handled by Oracle and/or Dispel scrolls and/or just playing through the debuffs and being able to restore any party members SP bar to full is a great ability (I partied with a Warlock twice during world boss hunting and boosted his DMG by 30% thanks to Hexing’s attribute and kept his SP up even during his skill spamming which is a guaranteed cube). But DPS-wise, the DPS output from Plague Doc is far too high to ignore if you want the most DPS out of your build.

Regardless, I’m happy with my Kabbalist choice since I still do great Boss damage. Once they fix the Damballa damage issue, I’ll try seeing if I can rank in the Top 6 players on World Bosses solo. I don’t get to PvP much since we’ve only been in one guild war so far, but hiding behind reflect-zombies while Effigy’ing should be fun since they have to struggle to target me in there and then take a ton of damage or KO themselves if they use an AoE skill.

surprised no one has the same build with me :stuck_out_tongue: C2 -> K1 -> B2 -> Sadhu 1

Barrier + OOB normal attack dps + effigy spam :wink:

currently at level 182

Since I happened to have Bokor-PD build just a small heads up:

Ogouveve Decrease Strength attribute does not trigger Incineration and does not add to it’s duration - almost certainly its a bug tho.

I’m 266 now and did everything except ET. Up till now none of grind parties rejected me unless there was full-support cleric competing for the slot. But the atmosphere up here isn’t very bright and friendly, I must say. There are only handful of support, dps and utility skills that are really wanted and I feel like I’m being welcomed solely for my lv15 Heal (which was one reason to take Cleric3 over Pardoner/Druid from the beginning but still is abit depressing).

Last two ‘good’ grind maps - Storage and Maven Abby - have mobs spamming Pain Barrier and knockdown/knockback attacks so Bokor’s CC potential there is close to zero. You will be kindly asked not to use Zombies as they are bugging aim of your partymates with no good return.

That being said, overall Bokor is far from potato class. I’m still able to solo things and my cute buddies aka walking corpses can bring down elite mobs pretty fast (IF their aim isn’t bugged, IF mobs arent fond of runaway! tactics, IF there is no tree root crystal popped nearby… ehhhh) adding good chunk to my DPS.

Wonderful, one more thorn in our foot. I’m actually wondering if they’re even aware that Damballa is bugged here since they fixed it in kToS 3-4 weeks ago yet still skipped over in tomorrow’s maint.

I see; that’s unfortunately with the Pain Barrier mobs returning, but the aim issue isn’t really a problem since I’d only use them outside of dungeons to initially lure mobs into one spot (Which isn’t needed if there’s a Swordsman Taunter in the party).

I finally got my reset potion!

So here’s my plan for pvp bokor c3

max mackangdal
max effigy
10 hex (not sure)
Max sama (reason: hp buff scales with ein soft)
NO ZAMBEES SKILLS

Thoughts?

HP buff for zombies, only half MS buff for you

Right but I don’t know where to put my points. I can Max hex and still have 5 points left for sama

Is hexing reliable enough without pandemic? I want to go druid c2 instead of plague doctor.

Gotta make some more vids about effigy+lethargy combo, me doing 10k dmg on every 2nd effigy hit then >.>

[…]But the atmosphere up here isn’t very bright and friendly, I must say[…].
I feel like I’m being welcomed solely for my lv15 Heal[…]

Ermmm… what do you mean the atmosphere isn’t very bright and friendly?
Is it general or just because your are Bokor? D:

are you say that they won’t welcome you if you didn’t have Lv. 15 Heal? D:

Also, how rare is full tank on your level?

Not sure if this was contributed but you could hex a tree root crystal to spawn a zombie when they bite it XD

Unfortunately tree root crystals don’t spawn zombies from zombify though. So you can’t get the double zombie spawn combo.

Well, so far i made a Bokor C1 and it’s kind of boring and underwhelming atm.
Only good skills are the Hexing and Effigy. I just hope it gets better with more circles in this class.

you find bokor boring? i feel bad for you, you wil only be using hexing and effigy, unless you have zombies, zombies are the fun part (especially at c2) , i assume you dont have zombies though. and i dont think effigy is bad, i outdmg a lot of ppl i run across in the feild, or maybe theyre just bad? idk

I never said Effigy was bad dmg. I only said Bokor C1 is boring atm and just hope it gets more interesting with more circles. The zombies are kinda bad tho.

i assumed you meant effigy wa sbad because you said bokor was underwhelming.
zombies have usefulness if people actually use them and not skip them because of their ai. they can aggro mobs and tank. you can use them on higher level maps and they will kill mobs because they scale with map level. not to mention tet mamak la and bwa kayiman. in swarms of 8+ (lvl 4 zombify and attribute) zombies actually can outdamage effigy if they are all attacking the same enemy) plus with that new patch they might be better. bwa kayiman is also good, keeps enmies knocked down forever and makes dunegeons lazy because all you do is spam bwa kayiman.

1 Like

Max Mackangdal: Fine
Max Effigy: Fine
10 Hex: Fine
Max Samediveve: Or Samediveve Lv9 since you only get half of the movement speed effect, which is an even-number at Lv9. Also, Samediveve isn’t for the minor HP buff; it’s for the movement speed so you can keep distance between you and your opponent’s.

You got a point left. You could take some points off Hexing and put some into the Zombie skills to hide behind or use in combination with Revenged Sevenfold, but summoning Zombies is situational unless you’re doing field GvG.

Reliable enough for everything but Earth Tower thanks to those hordes of mobs. If you’re fine with that, then by all means enjoy your Druid C2.

Almost all Cleric classes are boring at C1 prior to Rank 5, but you can alleviate that with Bokor a bit by throwing those Tet Mamak La skulls everywhere as DPS balls until you hit C2.

1 Like