Tree of Savior Forum

Circle resets may reduce low level population

And this is why I agree with Rank Resets. At Rank 10 and after balances have been made.

And ONLY for the Class Rank that had the balance changes.

I’m 100% okay with fixing mistakes; I’ve trashed (literally, about 3, 150-180 characters because I made silly choices. Not because IMC screwed anything; a small % of damage or slight re-work of something isn’t going to make me want to change my whole build. Which I have seen people complain about.)

So if IMC changes your damage skill to do 10 more damage, and you feel you need to change it, then thats fine. But the rank that got the change should be the only rank you can reset.

I play for fun, not META or FOTM.

And what I meant by cheapen the experience if; Example: Person A invest leveling a PvP build. Painstakingly get its to 280 after months of trying to get parties.

Person B levels a Strong PvE Build gets to 280 with a quickness and changes to that same PvP build.

Depending on how IMC does things, yeah, it could happen and would def cheapen the experience for anyone who has put in the work.

I am very on the fence about them. Because IMC has a track record of; getting things more so then wrong. The Reset must come with huge penalties, maybe once per account, or a hefty price-tag. RL money and or losing all EXP to that rank and having to grind your way up again.

I’m honestly 100% ok with people making PvE builds and switching to PvP builds at the expense of people feeling their hard-earned experience has been cheapened. For the same reason that I want minimum wage in America to go up, even though I would no longer benefit from it and would have liked to when I had the chance–because NOT fixing a poor design and preventing future people from benefiting from sensible change is not worth saving someone’s pride.

3 Likes

Well I applaud you on the American Raise thing, because I agree, but I also think those who have harder jobs should get paid more too. It fits here as well. Those who work harder towards a goal should get a well deserved pay-out, that’s not to say everyone doesn’t deserve higher wages, because trust me; i’m in the lower bracket myself. But I don’t feel I should make more then someone who has had to put in twice the amount of work. I should however, be able to live with what I make.

So fixing mistakes, I agree with. Full resets I don’t. If the big complaint here is IMC changing things, then that Class and Rank are the only thing a player should be able to change and still have a hefty price.

IF they do, do it; we will just have to see how they do it, I do know, from my many years of MMO gaming that changes like these are only good for short term and end up killing longevity. (in my experience)

Well, that happens when people rush the fvck out of games tho. Characters are planned to reach up to lvl 600, people building their chars with just the current lvl and rank caps, is dumb if you ask me.

This is still a BETA, we don’t even know if everything will ever reach the RELEASE phase yet… I’ve been spending my time getting chars to lvl 170 then, I go back to lvl up a new one. I was just waiting for the rank 8 classes to decide a “serious” build.

Besides, this game is pretty straight forward, the classes were thought to work between them, in a fixed conjunction. Why? because this is the point where devs make money, they know people rush the ■■■■ out of MMOs, and by doing so, they are prone to make mistakes, and will opt to either re-roll (so they pretty much end up paying for a char slot) or buying a Stat(class) reset potion.

Rushing in Korean MMOs is a well known Russian roulette, that’s why I only play this game very casual, sometimes I log in and go afk in town and alt+tab lol.

So, no, selling class reset scrolls, won’t make people leaving, if at all, they going to allure, those who like to try different builds and don’t mind paying for resets.

Well, when they gave the skill reset potion from the event, you lose the silver spent on attributes, and that, was very punishing for some of us, but was well worth because, I rather lose that silver, to level up a new char up to lvl 200+

But I’m with you, Rank reset, should come with the lvl loss from said rank.

1 Like

As I’ve said a few times; it’s not that I am against people fixing mistakes. ■■■■ I can think of a few I’d like to fix, mistakes is one thing, flip flopping through Builds because you can is what made Diablo III get dumped as fast as I could drop it. (Amongst various other reasons lol)

You could have just agreed to disagree without belittling other people’s opinion. This is a forum after all. Guess who’s point is more asinine now?

I shouldn’t have commented on this topic in the first place. We all have our own opinions, but others just want to shove theirs down in everybody else’s throat.

1 Like

Well…it’s whose, not who’s, in your context. >_> Just tryin’ to help you out. But, to answer your question: still the OP’s.

That is literally what this entire thread’s purpose was: to shove an opinion that class reset is objective unhealthy for the game (though I see the title is now a bit less opinionated than it was when I first saw it), which is why my original comment was say, in an abridged way: there’s no point making speculation on something that hasn’t happened yet.

But if we’re going to talk about speculation, then I’ma speculate right back! >:0 Especially when the original argument consists of an idea that I find toxic–that an added feature that only benefits players is bad for the game, coming usually from players who, for one reason or another, are vehemently against the idea of casual gaming, rather than hardcore, spend-all-you-time-doing-boring-arduous-tedious-work-to-accomplish-marginally-superior-outcomes gaming. :smirk:

The general gist of their argument is always based on the concept of “I did something that was difficult so it’s not fair if someone else can do the same thing more easily” or “the option to do something more easily necessitates the downfall of civilization.” (I’m using hyperbole here, for anyone who may try to say “No one ever said that verbatim.” I understand, don’t you worry.)

If I find more time to write more long posts, I’d be happy to go into more detail. For now, suffice it to say I vehemently disagree that class reset possibility in ANY form would destroy the game at all. In fact, I believe it would benefit the game, and would only push away players who are generally more toxic for the community than not. nods

1 Like

Thanks. Guess that gravely affects how my point comes across.

I just agreed with OP, but that doesn’t necessarily mean others are forced to do the same just because I did.

I don’t remember what the original title of this thread is, but it’s clear OP has been using “may” and “I” to explain his point. You seem to be very good with discourses, you should be able to understand that.

That is why if they ever implement such thing, it should and most likely will be restricted. It won’t be all “Reset as much as you want as long as you’re paying for it” :X

Lol. As if the population isn’t low enough already. You can’t go lower anymore.

Time to grasp it in your head, either make drastic changes or tthe game will never attract enough players to recover to a more healthy level.

2 Likes

I don’t get what’d be wrong with a limited $20 single circle removal that takes away the exp for those levels.

I can’t agree to full class resets in any way though, too many drawbacks.

1 Like

You’re very right! I actually mistakenly thought this was the other thread about class reset! :smiley: The one titled “Circle reset isn’t harmless”. Totes my B.

1 Like

I think the amount of players that it would bring or hold for the game is probably greater then what would be lost.

It’s one of the major complaints is there is major choice paralysis, false choices, and other pitfalls that push casual and time restricted players away from ToS.

A respec option does solve that… Though a clever implementation could solve it and make the game better for it. Something like resetting a character to 1 then giving them accelerated XP till they get back to the level they were at before. That would make it so there are still downsides to resetting but you could still keep your quest progress, items, titles, etc.

3 Likes

Got a friend that dug up info regarding those mystery rewards (they can change whenever, so not 100% confirmed)

Expect TP, token and costume.

I don’t mind a class reset that involves a rebirth with huge bonus exp up until your last base level. I am more concerned with the attributes and untradeable equipment I have acquired that I am pushing for the class reset to fix some of my alternate characters.

Rebirth can be a win-win of some sort. Low level maps and dungeons will be filled once again.

Rebirth can be taken with a silver/tp cost at lvl 280 or suggested minimum level by talking to an NPC.

It removes:

• PvE to PvP optimized at end game or vice-versa strategy
  • Meta only end-game
  • Ease of switching to different builds in an instant
  • Players mindset to avoid experimenting wild build
1 Like

Second this. It reminds me of @Levan who keep insisting that everything he said for his “pro reset” is the absolute truth and facts while everyone else in the “anti reset” camp are baseless assumptions lol.

2 Likes

really? costume is cool, token is good for new players, but i think a stat reset potion would be good with R8

Most info I got from him was very accurate, including the helm costume we got before and the armband.

So you can put a little trust on him unless imc changes something on patch.

no resets it seems as of now yet

Oh yes, because a virtual TP item sold in the cash shop won’t yield profits, amirite?

You don’t even need to know kindergarten math just to find proof it’s a generally accepted cause and effect.

Meanwhile everyone is arguing that “omg this will happen this that” without any sort of deductive reasoning, and proceed to cry when people say they’re wrong. :slight_smile: