Tree of Savior Forum

Chronomancer dps/supp

Hi saviors,

I need your opinion about my build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/6c1q05pcrc/

Really want to do a Chronoburn build but I don’t know if its good enough (the Chrono part especially)

And I have some question about one skill of the Pyromancer, do the Flame Ground can be cast twice? Like at lvl 15 it have 30sec/d for 25sec/c, can I have two Flame Ground on the field?

Halp plz

EDIT : Final Chronoburn : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/buuhk9wnmu/

Not exactly the same build. But this thread should help you out a bit.

Credits to my homeboy @nopihina

I think this is a fun build to play, but i’m not sure is it really practical.

Don’t max enchant fire, I think level 3-5 should enough for auto attack.
instead you need more skills like fire pillar / hell breath to benefit from “Pass” to keep spamming it.

Your main source of damage surely double fireballs (4balls x 15hits) and double fire grounds (2grounds x 40hits), fire pillar to trap them, then slow them to move inside fire, and cast haste on yourself to run around fire. Not forget to cast reincarnate to earn double exp.

But as usual, Pyro killing is very slow especially you feel the bump in Rank7, you need to be very patient. Rank1-6 you should be good.

Thanks you for your answers, so I can have 3 Flame ground for 3~~5 sec if I am right no? 30sec/dura for 25sec/cd, cast a second time then use Pass for another Flame ground (and if another Chrono is here and use Pass again, 4 Flame ground??? nonono I’m not a Flame ground fan !! :< )

Correct me if I am wrong!

AoEs in the game aren’t true AoEs they go by AoE ratio to determine how many targets you can hit. Since you’re running damage without Linker I’d stack up on bonus AoE ratio gear for when you’re soloing large packs. You can get it enchanted onto head gears and a few items here and there.

And maybe rearranged skills a bit on your chronomancer reducing the skills that scale poorly or aren’t quiet as useful and trying to get quicken attack maxed for parties and for when you spells are on CD and you want to shank a bitch.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Viable build especially if you want to breeze to chrono. Gotta say dont get the wrong impression and think you’ll be dealing high DPS at later ranks just cause of pyro3.

@Raspy Thanks, noted! I was not sure about Quicken !

@Arkova & @Raspy
It’s not a build for soloing so it’s ok if I’m not a good dps at later rank, but wanna know if at rank 7 its “ok dps” or “bad dps” for now :3

@cosx774 Can you argue why wiz3 / pyro1 ? Even though I don’t think I have the faith to up wiz3

I did another build but I don’t expect to much, seems to be pretty bad I don’t know… tell me :confused: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/4ecl7mv0wp/ Psycho 2/Chrono3 (not for solo!)

In my eyes wiz3 and chrono are completely incompatible to have on one character :frowning:. Technically if you go chrono2/3 you pretty much have the freedom to choose whatever and still be desired in parties lol. More on topic sure spell doesn’t work with channelling skills like psychic pressure.

1 Like

Hmm, I will go Chrono 3 for sure, but I want to deal some dmg.

Wiz/Cryo/Cryo/Psyko/Chrono3 ? For the combo Ice wall/psychic pressure.

Want to deal some dmg, and with my build pyro/chrono the prob is the Fireball I think, coz my teammate will move the balls by mistake…

1 Like

Wiz1>Pyro3>Chrono3
Great dps early on. Will do much less damage than quick cast wizards. Can breeze through quests, with emphasis on getting through bosses and reaching rank 7 quickly with a party or not.

Wiz1>Pyro2>Linker1>Chrono3
Better rounded than the above build. Able to fight efficiently ‘recycling’ fireballs with links along with the standard pyrolinker mechanics. Raises your minimum aoe to 5/6 with monster gem. Synergizes with future dps ranks better than pyro alone.

Wiz1>Cryo2>Psycho1>Chrono2>Chrono3 or Rune Caster
Icewall combo lacks consistency, yet hits like an absolute truck with Ice Rune active. Much more challenging to level than the above two builds. Freeze will still be useful after rank 7. Has the added bonus of cryo’s passive defense attribute see here. Expect some folks to bother you for not taking cryo3 until you melt a boss right in their face.

1 Like

Yes, for sure, FlameGround 25s cooldown, Pass -25s surely refresh them instantly, in the range of 3-5s you hv 3 flame grounds.
As long as another Chrono refresh your skill, you can cast as many flamegrounds as possible.
You may need to party a Peltasta for best.
Not forget to max your damage % attribute for fireballs and firegrounds, then i think it is actually still quite good in rank7, in rank8 maybe get for DPS class.

Cryo2 > Psycho2 is for better PvP compatibility, boss wise is okay may you need 3 rounds for IceWall+PhysicPressure, though i think double fire will do better actually in everything, sustainable damage.

Ugh I’m too lazy to read everyone elses wall of text… Wiz3… is a choice for future content. Because of the quickcast attribute of 50% matk the more levels get put in the more important it will become. Unless we start to see things like bonuses to Fire damage specifically in a later class which very well could happen. Since we already have one for Ice.

I’m not really a big supporter for the Wiz3. I think someone should probably do some maths to figure it. But between all the attack spells pryo are rocking and Pass working on everyone of them… And the potential of a synergy post 280… I’d rather just do the pryoC3.

And you know I think that arguement comes up with the Wiz3/Ele3 all the time… And pryo barely loses… But we’re talking about Chrono3 so you’re going to be just spamming the Pryo spells non-stop. Assuming he fixes his Pryo skills and gets all the attack spells.

Like… if you wanted an OP composition with this setup… You could do something retarded like…

Pry3/Chrono3
Cry3/Link2/Runecaster
Cleric2/Diev1/Pld3/PDr
Wiz3/Ele3/Warlock
and some swordsmen thing

You’d have permanent Ice Rune, strong links, Barrier and big heals. You’d be end game content wrecking crew.

Thanks you all for the advices, keep going Pyro3/Chrono3 => Pyro/Chrono Uptated…?

Don’t know about Fire pillar, it is really worth it? Also my team don’t mind if I stay afk /sit so it’s ok if I’m useless (joke plz halp)

For Wizard.

• There’s no point in leveling up lethargy it is worthless to level -6 or -18 isn’t going to mater when things hit for 1k. So get your energy bolt and EQ and like it.
  • You still want a point lethargy because some swordsmen benefit from the attribute that doubles the damage of blunt attacks. Rest of Wizard happens cause you don’t have anything else to do with your points even though you will probably take some skills off your bar eventually.

For Pryo

• That Enchant fire attribute your reading isn’t going to boost your damage up to insane values people get this because it allows you and your party another application of Bless damage each hit. BECAUSE YOU HAVE PASS you get at most 3 points here which would give you 100% uptime.
  • Rest of it is self explanatory you’re trying to get the highest matk per min you can. Those flat values do not mater end game when you’re hitting for thousands. What does mater is the number of attacks each spell will do. Each spell will hit for your matk + the flat dmg listed on the skill and then * your attribute %. You could make an argument for more ranks in Firewall but no one likes firewall… Screw firewall.

For Chrono

• You’re trying to get the best buffs for the team which is your quicken and haste. Both are great and people want these maxed. It gives you more party flexibility. You’re not stacking points in skills that don’t have much of a point to be scaled up high.
  • You’re putting one point in reincarnate that can be a little tight with only 6 seconds but it shouldn’t be too big of a deal just time the kill well.
  • Stop isn’t going to do much outside of PvP so you’re focusing on slow which gives you -crit resist and doesn’t stop your team from doing damage like stop with 9 points in slow it has great uptime especially when you factor in Pass.
    If you make any change to the build I’d make it here by setting Stop to 1 point and slow to 12. But 9 is good uptime regardless. So you can probably get away with the slight duration increase for emergency Stop spells.
  • Back masking since only the range scales 1 point is pretty much all you want.

It was a little interesting making the build… And I do think it has viability because of the very high matk per min. That said, you’ill still want Joint Penalty or Circling+Pandemic(for resist) for the harder content like earth tower on your team. So you will need another Wizard with linker or a Falchoner Plague Doctor combo.

And what about Flare? Can be cast twice so I wonder if it had a utility.

Meh it’s a single matk. And you need to be facing the targets. So there is some positioning with it. And you have to have the burn condition down already. It’s a cool animation… Doing the little snap… But meh… It’s about as useful as an energybolt charge (which I might add does 1.5matk). And tbh you could just shank or slap things when you’re chrono and make use of that attack spd.