Tree of Savior Forum

Choosing a build after patch, help me please

With the recent changes of ToS, will some build becomo more usefull and others will be more useless(my current build will be crappy pyro2>Linker2>thau2>sage), and i want to know something with the similar damage and usefullnest soling, as i check on the videos cryo will be good boss killer if have RC, and wiz3 will be less necesary for a good DPS build because dont have QC atributte so my current ideas are this ones.

1. Wiz2>Linker>Elementalist3>WL/FF2(idk which is better for solo)
    2.Wiz2>cryo3>RC>WL2
  2. Wiz>cryo3>Elementalist>Sage/RC.

please help me with this chooise.

There will be a lot of class reset given out during the event so you can try different builds each day. I’m not sure about the circles you mentioned since I’m not familiar with them, but all I can say is that FF is bad with what you have. Depending on the type of FF build you’re going for, it’s better to go full Linker 3 (which is heavily nerfed last I’ve hear) or kino 3, who have nice CC

u will get a week or two to choose your main :stuck_out_tongue: i will stick my wiz 3 ele 3 wl2 :slight_smile: still very good damage :smiley: my second main will be wiz pyro 3 sorc 3 ench/sage
and my pvp wil be wiz cryo link kino 3 ff 2 :slight_smile:

idk if Wiz 3 will be necesary with the ele3 build anymore, becase the main reason to take it is the QC attributte bt they delete it, in my case i maybe cryo3>ele3>RC is a good option if you have good strategys for cast the ele skills like hail or meteor, because for mobs you can use the CC of cryo3 and the good aoe from ele3, and for bosses RC with cryo are a nice combo.

@Norskalkymisten Or ever can use cryo3>chorno3>RC but will be zero aoe damage.

That current build of yours won’t be crappy with the changes, it will just be a little more difficult to achieve good results [but that’s the same for all Wizards];

The positive thing is that Linker is no longer a necessity and became more viable for single-targeted skills rather than AoE skills, allowing Classes like Featherfoot, Psychokino, Cryomancer, Necromancer and Elementalist to shine.

Thaumaturge was also buffed quite a lot, allowing you to go full CON and just Transpose to INT when needed to boost your Swell-skills or damage early ingame (later when it becomes not so viable due to equipment progression, you can just leave Transpose off all the time).

Maybe you should consider exchanging your Sage,though, as he is not so good anymore; Thauma C3 or Linker C3 will definetly do a better job here, and you’re free to choose any other Class at Rank 9.

Why yo say that? becase many say to me that linker was really nerft, and yeah im searching the mix betewen resistant and good damage.
And about the Thau what is the buff he got?

magic missle was buffed, lethargy was buffed and still quickcast and surespell is good with meteor/rain/hail spells

this are my current ideas let me know which one you like more for solo guys

thank you guys if can help me to decide .

Cold blood build is pretty good. just make sure you use kurdaicha or bone pointing to curse jped enemies before using kundela slash for good mobbing damage. JPing ice walls to bosses and using blood curse will be pretty good for burst dps.

ice solo killer needs audra staff for more walls and wall durability.

for 3rd build, remove warlock and go kino c3 for more cc and damage. with more reliable ice wall pp combo.

Im actually resetting one of my characters to the 3rd build. Its just a matter of playstyle.

Depend your playstyle,

Pyro2-Linker2-Thaum2 triangle is still pretty solid or I think the gameplay synergy is better than before, but just that it doesn’t synergy well with Sage anymore. However Sage is still very good with Missile Hole and you can invest less on Defense.

Rotation Move:
Joint Penalty > Hangman’s Knot > Fire Pillar > Shrink Body (+120% damage)
Still not dead? Flameground > Fireball > Fireball
This build require a lot of movesets (due to low CD as well) but it is a better solo build, it also have better usage such as a farmer role and atk/def buffer role. This build is more fun, but the downside also pretty obvious due to link-resist and fire-resist mobs, keep on recasting all skills.

Cryo3 > Elementalist3> Sage is much simpler, FrostPillar > FrostCloud
Still not dead? Hail > Prominence or other casting skill, since without Surespecll/Quickcast you will tend to avoid casting spell.
Group and kill is pretty much its sole role, and it quite well rounded in most situations. A good DG290 solo

@ResonantSoul So which is better for this 3 for solo? my playstile is more deal good damage in few time, and about the last build i dont like to much kino3 for that i choose WL becase is pretty nice mobs clear as i see in combo with frost pillar>PoA/Mastema.

@nightrain_scy the think with pyro is it will get nerf, so nerf and dont like anymore with the new fire ball. About the cryo3>ele3>sage, the real problem is that it dont have anything to deal with bosses, jst IB+IW combo and i read i get nerf so isn’t good anymore T_T.

No, pyro will still the best sustain damage dealer with firewalls, firepillar and hellbreath low cd. And

Elementalist hail, frostcloud, prominence are still very strong in boss killing.

What i see is you still tend to speed kill boss, it is not going to happen

yeah i want that good boss killer with my elemetalist, for that i want to take RC combo with my elementalist :smiley: for that i make wi2>cryo>kino>ele3>RC best from ice atack XD just miss the frost pillar :C.

I’m probably reseting my pyro2/link2/thaum2/sage to cryo3/psych3/runecaster

the think with kino 3, is that it dont have the huge damage from elementalist and WL, as i see.

The problem of Kino is not the damage, but the stand-still casting.
While a Pyro/Elementalist/WL can stack multiple ground spells on same spot.

I really hope Sage C2 will have new attribute for blink where you can leave your shadow to continue casting things.

when you say solo build, you need to take into consideration how much you can cc mobs, kino has good control and decent damage, not as much as warlock, but can attack mobs without them attacking you, this is especially good at 290+ maps. You cannot just rely on frost pillar as your only cc skill, 35s cooldown is a bit too long for comfort, kino c3 with gravity pole and psychic pressure can cc and kill mobs.

Kino c2 has psychic pressure stun attribute that allows you to stun lock mobs in psychic pressure.

Warlock PoA/mastema has too long of a cool down to be good even after ktest cooldown reduction buffs.

As for cryo c3 ele c3, i actually recommend going enchanter for enchant lightning at rank 8. You can use frost cloud, prominence or meteor for bosses, they do pretty good damage in ktest i heard.

im not sure about cryo3ele3, i feel really interesed but idk first what is the best rank 8 choose and if i will miss to much QC and sure speel, and if is better to have kino cryo build.

only go cryo c1 kino c1 if you have audra staff. QC +50% magic attack attribute has been removed. I think enchanter is good for enchant lightning
but sage is also good for blink to lure and take agro from mobs.

This is the reason why i recommend psycho c3. even without linker its not bad