Tree of Savior Forum

🌸 Some info about the future plans on TOS 🌸

This is mostly because of the mob AI pattern. They are pretty stupid and the guy over there on the balance team is proud of that as seen from the Paladin Conversion thread. There’s nothing engaging about the combat in this game or many mechanics that go under utilized since it’s all about damage in the end. Take Sadhu for example the whipping boy class of ToS which seems cool to play but does it do the damages? Plenty more examples of imbalances between classes and absolutely lazy monster or boss design.

This survival event show cases just how bland the bosses can be where you run in circles and avoid everything then get annoyed by traps falling magically from the sky. One day they might actually figure out how to make use of jumping to provide gameplay value other than animation canceling to move while you attack.

It’s not like you can’t jump off the map or something.

1 Like

I explored those maps on my swordie without any sage help. I used roxona plate top and bot…

I dont play for a long time now, didnt even login for that reset voucher stuff (duno if its still avaliable)

but if the will not remove transcendence, i don’t plan to come back anytime soon…

3 Likes

There are exploits on yet, it’s just that no one revealed them, so IMC is not aware of them.

Also, about the merge, I think it would be good, but since the servers don’t have stability even with low population, you can imagine a merging happening and servers crashing every 10 seconds?

We don’t have anywhere to run until IMC get a hold of their own work and fix what is needed.

Too bad we’ll never get MonHun levels of quality AI.

Trans broke the game too much. I mean +550% weapon atk? FFS :confused:
It should give like 10 times less.

4 Likes

Yes transcendence broke the game until core attack stats such as STR and INT are negligible . I wonder how will they change the damage calculation formula so that it will improve the game + not discount the efforts of the players who managed to make high transcended equipment.

It also affected thauma and linkers3 greatly.

New server with all new system? :joy:

May I link my suggestion to balance the transcendence system:

Too late now…if they nerf transcendence it will risk backlash from whales and RMTers who invested heavily into it and IMC needs their long term support :grin:

5 Likes

What if they made it so that Transcendence is character-bound, meaning you only transcend the gear slot and the effect applies to any current gear you’re using on that slot?

This would allow players to invest on Transcendence early on without worries while not gimped on damage/defense as they approach higher levels.

Right now, a lot wouldn’t use Transcendence as they’re yet to craft that 315 weapon but is having problems getting the needed mats (Practonium’s RNG nature most notably) or don’t have Lolo gear yet causing them issues like not dealing enough damage and not having enough p/m def dealing with content around their current level as they’re forced to use untranscended 170-220 gear. Seems like this is where most of those scaling issues come from.

This also allows sharing of equipment within teams as well as not having to worry about needing to transcend more than one weapon at once which is a boon to most Archer builds (xbow, offhand, 2h bow, rifle, sword) and some Swordsman builds (1h spear, shield, 2h spear, etc.).

3 Likes

■■■■ your char? Looks like a lame mobile game idea.

2 Likes

Transcended gears aren’t tradeable anyways. Why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Transcending new weapons is a nice time/silversink.

Upgrading your char to give it a universal atk increase with no drawbacks is even wronger than a current transcendence system.

1 Like

Spoilers: They don’t plan on it.

1 Like

There’s a drawback. You still need good gear to make the most of it which I’m pretty sure lots of hardcore players already have. They still have the edge when it comes to that.

The advantage of this for new players or at least those who doesn’t have the resources to run more than 5 alts at a time every day is that they won’t be too f*cked by the content’s scaling as they go up and work to get to the good gear.

1 Like

Compared to the current trans? You need to gear anyway. But don’t need to transcend items for every tier.

Making everything ez is not good.

Don’t have time to play the game? Such players should be beyond anyay.

Yeah, let’s counter lazy concepts with other lazy concepts.

It’s beter to fix them properly ↓

I take it the game is “hardcore” then. This was all just ideas anyways.

Still, the way they’re wording their planned “fix” is too vague at the moment so we’re all just speculating on what the expect.

Hope it’s not Agny kind of lazy. “There’s a lot of things involved with reworking those skills, specifically to make them scale sensibly to later content. Here’s an item instead.”

5 Likes

Yeah, I want an OP necklace for my ele, but they could just give initial % modifiers to all skills (50~70% of agni).

Those necklaces are the top tier of being lazy.

Or maybe IMC doesn’t want to admit that flat bonuses were a bad idea.

1 Like