Tree of Savior Forum

Character Rank 10: A New Journey Pt. 2

This post will be an introduction to the new skills and attributes coming along with the Character Rank 10 expansion. Click here to read more about it!

1 Like

why you do this to me System…

another day of no sleep :neutral_face:

I will edit this when I waje up but a sneak peak…

First, we’re doing away with a good amount of casting animations while the character is in motion, letting you apply buffs on the go without having to stop and interrupt your run. The following is a list of skills to which this change will apply.

I don’t like this decision…

taking casting away from shadowpool is actually a disadvantage ; w ;

since casting it makes you invincible, thus giving +1.5 sec invincibility prior to the actual skill

1 Like

Gohei (Miko), Bloodletting, Beak Mask, Fumigate (Plague Doctor) and Gregorate (Exorcist) will no longer defend against Stun, Spear Throw: Bind, Iron Hook, Arrest, Dethrone, Pull Rete, Throw Rete or Iron Maiden.

Lorf

Edit: @STAFF_Ines

Hoplite

• Stabbing
  • Pierce
    - Spear Range <-

Thanks, it’s corrected now :slightly_smiling_face:

• Revolver Mastery
  • Adds a chance of applying double the damage.
  • For: Schwarzer Reiter, Bullet Marker (NEW)

You guys do know that Corsairs use pistols too? Give Corsairs this attribute as well!

Matadors looks completely underwhelming compared to the other R10 Classes. I get the feeling the devs hate Matadors. When they were first introduced, they were completely useless and were buffed afterwards. Guess what, they’re still not good.

Give Faena an attribute that makes it always hit the maximum number of hits!

IMC always tries to make Paso Doble a thing, but it will never be, because it’s just rank 8 bash. So, I level to rank 10 and my reward is an attribute that makes its square hitbox become round? Wow, what a reward for leveling for almost 400 levels. That’s the stuff dreams are made of.

3 Likes

It would be nice if there was some sort of balancing against mounted Classes in PVP.

Why can’t Inquisitors Pears of Anguish, Sappers traps like e.g. Punji Stakes or Quarrel Shooters Scatter Caltrops target the companion first, attacking it and depeleting its HP as ground target skills, thus unmounting mounted Classes when running through them?

Aside from Lancer, there’s no Class that can unmount a mounted Class in PVP.
This change would add more balance and strategic gameplay to the game.

Btw, why is it that Lancer gets a free shield divest on Rongomiant?
In my opinion, this is too strong, given the bonus you get from a divested shield.

It’s ok on Retiarius because he’s on foot, but Lancer with so many strong skills shouldn’t be enabled to divest shields. Or if you put shield divest on Lancer, how about making it depend on the distance between the Lancer and the target?

The lance mechanics in TOS are already pretty bad, you should adjust it to be more like in Mount&Blade, where the lance only deals damage when charging over a longer distance, making the use of a lance strong but also tricky, as it’s nearly useless in normal melee combat without the added energy of the cavalries charge (basically just a pointed stick).

i don’t care what it is , GIMME A NEW R8 2HANDED SWORD CLASSSSSSS!!!

Please, for the love of Goddesses, swap percentages that this attribute gives from
“Increases magic defense by 5% and Ice property resistance by 25% per attribute level in proportion to the Shield item equipped”
to
“Increases magic defense by 20% and Ice property resistance by 5% per attribute level in proportion to the Shield item equipped”

because 3000-4000 Ice property resistance with a good shield makes no sense, imo. You cant even use all of that resistance with Kite Moor accessory set.
The proposed change also makes sense in the light of trading higher magic damage with staff for more survivability.

shouldn’t the attribute be a buff duration increase, like its image implies, instead of being generic “enhance” attribute on a non-damaging skill? And i feel like this skill should have been Appraiser’s to complete the skill set and not Enchanter’s.

Allow Enchanter’s “Enchant Armor” shop to affect gloves and boots! (and halve enchanting time).

1 Like

NEW! [C3 Attribute] Engkrateia: The Goddess’ Reply

Prevents your HP from falling below 1 while Engkrateia is active.

This is useless because of the short duration of Engkrateia.

What I’d do to Engkrateia is :

• increase the basic duration to 6 seconds
  • move the Engkrateia:Patience attribute to C3
  • increase the Engkrateia:Patience attribute scaling to 3 seconds per attribute level

This would enable a C3 Exorcist to have 50% uptime on Engkrateia [15 seconds buff duration, 30 seconds CD time], which then would make investing points into the actual skill a thing. No-one invests any points into this skill because the short skill duration doesn’t justify adding any points onto the skill (might be useful for some PVP situations with the new attribute, but that’s about it).

To balance the skill in PVP, I’d adjust the damage reduction for the skilll at 50% of its normal value.

I’m sad that sadhu’s transmit prana is not on the casting animations list :sad:

1 Like

well, you kinda have to have fixed position in order to properly buff your partymate (or anyone). I’d rather want them do something about that targeting reliability and maybe up duration to 5 min as well, OR make both TP buffs shareable via links AND not limit it to magic attacks only (and aukuras’ bonus fire damage as well).

1 Like

RIP PVP Dragoon3 (at least until rank 11 arrives hopefully for Goon3 Ret2 or Goon3 Lancer2). :crying_cat_face:

Lancer3 and Retiarius3 right now are looking even stronger in comparison.

Not sure about Murm C3 but if E. Bane’s really good it might make going past circle 1 an option again.

Still too few options for PVP Sword builds.

*reaches out for Cleric handbook *

Cast then jump, if you don’t bother aiming for people

@topic
GIMME THAT BULL!
Looking forward to see the Corrida Finale in action, seems pretty nice with the attribute.
As @lastea said before, a Faena attribute that guarantee maximum number of hits would be pretty amazing.
Passo Doble interaction with Backslide is kinda weird and unnecessary. Giving it a better cooldown for reusage would be better. You could also make Backslide a 1 level max skill.
Muleta attribute that reduces cooldowns seems pretty good too!

Loved that new skill of Exorcist! Disappointed with those new attributes…
I wonder how many seconds we will have to charge Katadikazo.
Engkrateia’s new attribute doesn’t worth buying, given Engkrateia’s duration and cooldown.
The Gregorate one is OK.
But, on the other hand, I can’t ask for more buffs on this class, Exorcist is already pretty damn good.

Retiarius looks broken for PvP with all those silences and Featherfoot-grabbing thing. He will be Rambo, deflecting Arrows with a dagger haha

Megen looks clean! Now I have even more desire to make one :3

Bullet Marker is the unmounted Schwarzer Reiter haha

Inquisitor’s new skill looks very amazing! I wish they had did something more for Iron Maiden, it looks pretty bad even with this new attribute.

Taoist will have a better usage for Divine Punishment now! But Upper Level is still bad IMO… and it is a support class, why the support skills are not receiving any changes? It fails on its basics…

There it is, the official translation!
A few comments:

Swordsman
Lancer and Retiarius look really, really, really great.
The preview for Gigante Marcha hides its actual range, so as nice as it sounds to have a huge AoE skill, we need to know its range and its cooldown. I told people Lancer’s gonna be the reason for a lot of whining in PvP because of Initiate, but Lancer3 is going ever beyond my expectations. Rhongomiant is even more scary (choo choo, here comes the rape train) and Joust and Unhorsing are getting even better.
Retiarius is also getting a new skill named after Granado Espada’s repertory and it also seems to be a great skill. Even if the damage isn’t impressive, a gap closer is always welcome for Swordsmen. The skills from the previous circles were already very powerful (Retiarius has one of the best kits in the game compared to other classes) and they’re all getting buffed!
On the other side, we have Murmillo and Matador.
Murmillo got a weird progression. It was presented as the PvP gladiator, but with R9 and now with R10 it strays further and further away from the PvP focus, but maybe that’s because Murmillo is already a good class in PvP thanks to Cassis Crista and Sprint, so you’re improving its abilities in PvE.
IMC is still insisting on Paso Doble, but it’s a crappy skill. Maybe that’d be too powerful, but how about turning it into a self-buff that makes the character attack with Paso Doble every time they evade an attack? Reduce its damage and make the skill trigger Paso Doble counterattack x times based on the skill level. The new skill looks silly, but the attributes for Muleta and Faena look pretty good, although Faena already crits a lot, so an attribute to make it deals the maximum number of hits (or increasing the minimum number of hits in comparison to the maximum number) would be better.

Wizard
Sage’s new skill looks bad. I can already see people complaining about you making powerful monsters become untargetable (like when Chronos use stop) with Hole of Darkness. I was expecting something like Earth Shikigami with the explosion effect at the end of the skill’s animation. The new attributes look interesting and Blink’s new attribute will be very useful.
Enchanter looks a bit underwhelming, but we need to see the actual values of the new skills and attributes. Also, how will the fire Enchant Round work? Why would the Enchanter want critical chance?
As expected, Shadowmancer3 is focused in PvP. Based on the skill’s preview, maxing it will increase the ratio of transferred damage to 100% from the shadow to the original body. Depending on its range, it’ll be a really powerful skill in 1:1 situations or even as a good tool to attack enemies under certain conditions. The new attribute for Shadow Condensation is decent, but not that useful since you can’t damage multiple enemies with each shadow. Hallucination is a great skill and the new attribute is very welcome.
IMO, Onmyoji’s getting the best circle 3 among Wizard R8 classes. The new skill looks great on paper and the new attributes are really interesting. Fire Fox will probably remain as a bait, though.

Archer
Mergen is the best R8 Archer class. It became really, really good with the Archer tree rework and the new skill and the changes coming with the R10 update are great news for Mergen players.
Hakka is getting crazy too. Maybe more people will be interested on Rogue Hakka builds, because the new attribute for Grind Cutter looks really insane. IMC should get rid of Leg Shot or turn it into a Crossbow skill, there’s no reason to keep it as a pistol skill.
BM’s new skill looks meh, but the new attributes coming with the circle 3 are promising.
Piper3 looks really interesting and it was the reason I reset one of my Archer characters to Piper2. I’m excited to discover creative uses of the new skills and effects coming with C3 attributes.

Cleric
Inquisitor3 looks INSANE. Inquisitor already has one of the best class attributes in the game (Inquisition: Burn) and is getting another powerful attribute. It’ll be time to spread chaos and havoc with Breaking Wheel and Breast Ripper. Meanwhile, its PvP potential is getting slightly nerfed with the changes to Malleus Maleficarum.
Taoist was always the crappiest class in the Cleric tree and only useful to amplify Zaibas’ damage and to give room to breathe for your party in ET (not anymore). It’s a bit weird that Taoist is a green (support/utility) class that’s only receiving damaging tools in its third circle.
Zealot3 is kinda underwhelming. I’m more curious about Immolation’s new attribute and if Fanaticism’s new attribute will ignore Revive. If it does, then Zealot players will need to lvl up Dullahan cards if they want to avoid certain death.
Exorcist3 looks underwhelming too, but it’s already a very powerful class. Engkrateia’s new attribute is certainly the most interesting aspect of this circle 3. By the looks of it, IMC probably had GvG and large scale PvP content in mind.

With all the changes and new stuff, I think R8 classes are fairly balanced with small disparities between each other. Based on my first impressions and expectations for the new circles, I’d rank the R8 classes (considering all three circles) in the following tier list:
S-tier: Retiarius, Mergen, Inquisitor, Zealot
A-tier: Lancer, Sage, Onmyoji, Hackapell, Bullet Marker, Pied Piper, Taoist, Exorcist
B-tier: Murmillo, Matador, Enchanter, Shadowmancer

1 Like

Invocation is also not in the list…

It is pretty annoying to cast it every minute.
:confused:

1 Like

Onmyouji c3 looks pretty fun, I just hope YinYang damage is good, or we wont have good reason to use it because it looks like a “charging” skill like Paladin’s sanctuary, and the class already has so many skills to cast, so we might not have time to use it at all. I am slightly confused about the new Water Shikigami attribute though, i wonder if it makes it do 5->7 or 5->10 hits. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I wish hacka’s Storm bolt and Taoist’s creeping death charm got enhance attributes though…

Matador: Corrida Finale sounds fun, I just wish you could get Fencer + Matador in a build (downgrading Fencer to Rank 5).

Cryomancer: this patch tolls the bell for Subzero Shield :frowning:

Elementalist: RIP Hail (will do 4 times less damage!!!)

Sage: SUCK SUCK SUCK!!! I mean the black hole, the change doesn’t “suck” at all :rofl:

Enchanter: wow… I imagine here +1 enchantment per skill level, with an extra +3? from the attribute, which would make all your +12 weapons like +20 during the duration of the skill… or it could be +1 only with extra duration for each skill point we’ll see; also extra movement speed from Agility will make the skill a good filler (15 Agility + 15 Enchant Lightning + 10 Lightning Hands + 5 Over-Reinforce)

Shadowmancer: sorry, you got forgotten guys :frowning:

Onmyoji: already fun to play, will get powerful too; “Yin Yang Harmony: Mediator” attribute sounds strange, maybe useful for wiz3ele3wlk1onmy3 builds maybe; torrent and debris are no-brainers, just hoping it’s not level 30/1M overhead attribute (debris)

Mergen: KABOOM – everything dies… yeah, the only drawback is that you cannot make a Falc3Mergen3 build :frowning:

Bullet Marker: Outrage is… outrageous! RIP QS :frowning:

Inquisitor: finally some big AoE skill! The Torture Expert attribute seems sick (reduce cooldown on Breaking Wheel + less mats to use it)… nevermind with the Reinforce attribute Breaking Wheel will be a slaughtering machine; the only drawback is the destruction of Malleus Maleficarum, which will require 15 points to be effective and maxing a new attribute, which will probably cost a billion silver to maximize :frowning:

1 Like

Freaking give us Enchant Ice.

That is Rune of Ice from Runecaster :wink:

1 Like