Tree of Savior Forum

Character Hairstyles and Clothes

Hi everyone!

Some CB Tester or someone can tell me the hairstyles in the game, on the case of Male Characters, all the styles are 'Short hair´? or like RO with long hair and different styles? and the other question is, when you change your equipment, the clothes of the character changes too? i say, to know if all the people gonna be similars? i’m not saying about custom hats or kitty ears xD

Thank you!! and see u in game!

99.99% you will be able to change hair styles and such, probably even buy new colours and clothes from a cash shop. Question is how important it is to recognise the class your playing against. I’d bet pretty damn important, especially considering there are 80 to deal with, so your wep/shield, head gear and colour might be the only things that change… but we’ll see~ Creating unique gear for all 80 classes is a tall order.

Yeah, that’s the point… is really important to know what the h3ll is the other player… and to be different to all the people xD

From what I’ve read (forgot where), you can change costumes from previous class ranks after you unlock them and according to the FAQ, you can change your hair color from achievements? … makes no sense to me but it’s in the FAQ so it has to mean something.

1 Like

We have a post that has images of all male and female hair styles. Please note that the post is from the1st CBT and i’m not 100% sure if they added more in the 2nd CBT but I know that they announced the ability to change the hair color.

http://www.tosbase.com/news/107/Character-Creation-and-Hair-Styles/

4 Likes

Awesome! thanks a lot!

I’ll be do spending the couple hours alone just designing my character haha

3 Likes

I feel like if this is an issue they have in mind (in terms of not knowing what class someone is), they’ll just make custom gear exclusive within each of the 4 trees. However, like @Garrnett said, anyone can look like any class they’ve picked up along the way, so if you wanted to be sneaky you could just wear your base costume. However, if you’re really worried about that, just familiarize yourself with as many skills as possible. If someone uses a skill from a class you know, they’ve shown AT LEAST 1/8th (or 10th) of their hand.

I doubt you will be given the option to wear your base classes costume. You will most likely end up walking around with the appearance of your latest class, wearing gear which is “archer” only or “wizard” only. I doubt they actually consider making 80 unique sets of gear, however they might do sets of gear for each rank or for individual classes in the 5th and 6th rank.

@Kruzic @Flash Not only they added new haircuts in CBT2, but they added different colors for each of them.
FYI, the hairID is coded on one byte in the current network protocol, thus there are 256 possible haircuts per sex. (2 differents colors = 2 different hairID)

@ZetaGhost you can wear any class costume you own, including your base class costume :smile:

And for gear, I’m not sure if there is class-related gear. I’m fairly certain that any class can wear any gear (aside from weapons?) according to the database:

As for hairstyles/fashion/eyes, IMC mentioned that you’ll be able to unlock/gain new customization outside of character creation somehow.

1 Like

Holy sh*t I didn’t know that… Welllll… Time to troll wear base class in pvp then lol…

Also any armour?.. That’s kind of weird…

@ZetaGhost I don’t want to confirm it, I’m just guessing since the equipment card’s on the database don’t say anything about it.

Would be interesting to see if you could wear tanky armor on a mage/etc.

Yeah, they might be going for that. Trying to add more versatility to class builds. I’m just afraid that all meta characters will end up looking the same. Ooh well, we will just see how it plays. I see there are certain pieces of gear which at-least require a certain base class.

@ZetaGhost @FatePGN I’m fairly certain you can mix and match any gear you want. For example, I know a Cleric can wield one-handed swords, maces, and one-handed staffs. As for armor types, I’m not really sure…

^ Screenshot of my inventory and gear. The slot circled in red is the costume slot. Every time you advance into a new class, you’ll earn the costume for that class. Simply leave that slot empty to return to your base class costume.

^ In addition, there is a high possibility we will see non-class costumes such as the one “little GM포모나” character is wearing. (Unfortunately, I captured the screenshot while she was moving…)

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I know they announced the ability to change hair color but I’m not sure if this was already available during the CBT. I know that the different hair colors where part of the CBT2 client, though ^^

i need fancy beard with :tophat: like a sir lol
well i’ve seen many headgears accessory but no face accessory (mask,clown nose, glasses) or my eyes tricking me…?
someone give me enlightment about this :wink:

if u look at Kiyoshiro’s pic, the top left slot is for head accessory, the emty one right below is for eye/face acessory :smile:

ah yesss… that slot now i can see it :scream:
but but i want an example someone wearing one lol, or just wait for the upcoming beta to try myself if i got the chance trying :sweat_smile:

I’m sure there will be costumes (because that’s a great shop item and I think they even said it before) but I’m wondering if those will be totally classless ones. It will be even more fun if we wont even know if we see an archer-type or a cleric-type class… XD

The hairstyles are cool too but I hope there will be some cool longer hair types for males too and more short ones for females…Even a short ponytail for girls is… needed :grin:

I love the hair colors too I hope there won’t be any… well… too off colors like a really strong neon one. I’m not against stronger colors but I hope they will really take care of it’s shade so it will fit in to the game. I can really imagine a shade of neon color too that maybe could fit in but they have to be really cautious with things like that. But anyway the art style is so beautiful, unified and demanding that I’m sure they know what are they doing. :smiley: