Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain, con/int or con/spr? please help

This is absolutely wrong. SPR offers more damage than INT.

4 Likes

is it ok to not have resu? coz i max aspe, blessing and stone skin, lvl5 mass heal and lvl 4 revive? am i noob coz i dont take resu?

INT will increase you damage, SPR will increase your buffs.

so int increases your aspergillium damage, not spr, so if youre looking for apergillium dmg, go int. hope this helps.

i would go a little spr ( like 50-100) then a little con (like 50-100) then rest int.

and i would take ressuerect.

and spr will not increase your aspergillium damage

1 Like

Sad to say no points left now, level15 aspe, 15 blessings, 5 mass heal, 4 revive, 1 sacra, 5 stone skin…

Spr does increase Aspergillum dmg since Spr affects Aspersion dmg.
Aspersion gets bonus dmg from Spr the same way skills like Cure and Zaibas get bonus dmg from Int. So Spr does in fact increase Aspersion dmg, although not as much as Int would.

1 Like

I would recommend getting a skill reset and get 0 Aspersion, unless you plan to use the lvl 15 Aspersion for the defence buff.
The reason I say that is because Aspergillum will automatically use level 1 Aspersion even though you haven’t learned it and you can still increase it’s damage through the Enhance attribute from the Priest Master.
If you’re just leveling Aspersion for damage then that’s not a great idea, because the flat amount of damage you gain from leveling it up is very very small compared to the utility of leveling up other skills.

At the moment I have:
Aspersion 0 (Which Aspergillum uses 1 by default.)
Blessing 15
Resurrection 1
Sacrament 10
Revive 4
Mass Heal 10
Stone Skin 5

However I’m going to get a skill reset and make the following changes:
Resurrection -> 5
Mass Heal <- 5

Mostly because Mass Heal healing a little less is worth it for the faster cast on Resurrection, since it’s a single cast in an area in from of you.

Also see this thread:

You get more damage from spells with Int, but you get more damage with auto-attacks from Spr. Make your decision after reading through that, good luck with your Chaplain.

1 Like

so is it ok to level 10 sacra? can you please explain why? im level 145 chaplain as i said i dont have resu or should i decrease the level of aspe from level 15 to level 10 just to take level 5 resu?

magnus excorcismus will be improved by next patch

1 Like

My reason for it is because the higher you level it, the more Holy damage it adds to each line, which also increases the amount of holy damage Last Rites adds per line.
I’ve done some testing and found Last Rites adds approximately 25% more Holy damage (rounded up or down where applicable) than Sacrament. So at level 10 Sacrament (+40 Holy damage), Last Rites adds +50 holy damage. Turn on Divine Might or get a Sacrament Gem and level 11 Sacrament adds +43 Holy damage with Last Rites adding +54 Holy damage.
Like I said in my post before, I would recommend dropping Aspersion to 0, since Aspergillum will use level 1 by default, and then max Resurrect and Sacrament. You’d have 1 point left over, so if you want you could get level 1 Aspersion just to cast for the defence buff if you wanted.
If you really want to level Aspersion a little higher, you can bring Sacrament to 5, that way it’s duration matches Last Rites so you can cast both at the same time.
It’s your character, so do what you really want. Just research everything before you reset your skills.

Since the exorcise will be fixed to work well with magnus later, this adds more reason to go INT instead of SPR… Also, due to the bonus of 10% each rank making a total 100% INT bonus , (asuming final rank is 10), then you can roughly count the 0.02 scaling of Blessing as double instead… which is 0.04 vs 0.06. Not that much difference as initially presented, plus you get more bonus like more healing and more magic damage.

What sandwich said… Magnus is a big flashy AoE now. Vids we got of it are pre-280s doing 150k dmg to packs of demons in one Magnus. That’s pretty decent. So you could go with chap and then for later ranks support it with another matk class.

But most of what news we’re getting from kToS doesn’t mention chaps. KToS seems to be more focused on the Krivis Taoist/Druid and Bokor Plague doctor builds.

Sorry if that doesn’t help much. Here are the links to the vids thanks to @arkgolf from the kToS thread:

These changes were in just the last patch. So there maybe some theorycrafting and builds coming out of it.

I read somewhere that hidden classes (and therefore its changes) wont be mentioned in patch notes at all.

I’m talking about the the theorycrafting and meta builds. We have dataminers that keep detailed information on all the classes. You would have to insulate yourself from the forums and websites like tosbase or os-kr.neet.tv to avoid hearing about changes to existing hidden classes or implementations of new ones.

Where on earth do you nutjobs come from?

Spr:

• Is more defense due to stone skin’s defensive scaling. (x4 for PvE, x0.5 for PVP.)
  • Blessing can add up to 500 dmg a hit roughly, but it’s still insignificant vs rank 8’s 250k health mobs.
  • Zalciai got nerfed in ktos so it can’t put enemy resists into negative values anymore.
  • No new spr scaling skills in r8 that we know off yet.
  • Should scale aspersion and thus aspergillum.

vs

Int:

• Increases the damage of all magic skills. (includes aspergillum)
  • Gets a +10% stat bonus per class rank. (rank 8 = +70% int)
  • Magnus/Exorcise got far more usable in ktos, so those now add to such a build as well.
  • Rank 7-8 can be used to get pd2 for really good dmg. (Miko may open up new builds as well.)
  • Improves healing via heal.

tl/dr:

• Spr is best for a defensive PvE build but has no ideal r8 class.
  • Spr’s skill scaling is worthless in PvP. Only debuff resist is of some worth.
  • Spr/Int should be considered as well, considering warriors can reach block cap with 250 spr stone skin if I remember correctly.
  • Int is a bit low on defenses for PvE, but very strong offensively.

Also never put more than 1 point into sacrament, you can buy 1 hour long versions off a pardoner and avoid overwriting buffs for non-auto atk based party members.

2 Likes

Anyone telling a Chaplain to take INT is… Very… I have no nice names for them. Chaplain damage is based entirely off Aspergillum, which scales equally to SPR and INT, and Blessing, which is SPR only. Like the build thrives off Spirit.

I feel bad for any Chaplain or Priest with any INT.

Not to mention it’s looking like Inquis is going to be the better R8 option for them, not PD2.

3 Likes

You know I didn’t even think about that one… the circle extender spell could be pretty amazing… Have to see how Miko is implemented… But… I like the idea of a chap miko…

Bless scale off Int and Int also has a rank multiplier that SPR does not. It’s been that way for a long time.

Calm down take a read of the thread before you chime in. @CadmusBeoulv did a nice explanation of it and even explains how the extra scaling helps even things out point for point.

Here is a link that shows the formula: http://www.tosbase.com/database/skills/40203/

It also has a heal, magic dmg reduction and 2 damage skills iirc.

If the heal is good we may able to use it as a cleric2 replacer.
If the damage is good it may be a good r7-8 option for a holy dmg / world boss build.
Not sure about chaps & circle extender, it’s hard fitting in good circles alongside chap/miko. (druid2 would be a ideal option, but transform & aspergillum don’t play along.)

@Xanthiris:

Present thy argument as to why then, i won’t respond any further to mere personal attacks.

Int or Spr or Hybird.

This totally depends on what you are going for R7 + R8.

Atm R8 Plague doc has the best offers to DPS AOE + status negation.
If you are aiming for that then I don’t see a issue with Int.

For those who are playign with Asperlligum. Have you ever try to Asperlligum and AA a 300k mob. How long does that take you compare to setting people on fire with PD or other classes offer like druid.

If you get what i mean. Pure SPR chap only offers you well. Defensive scaling buff + blessing that’s for maximization…

So imo it doesn’t matter really just add what fits your playstyle.

SPR for buff and watch buff counter/ utility.

Int for Support DPS + decent buff dept.

I myself is playing a hybird mix Int /SPR 2:1

I lost out about 130-180 blessing damage in terms of pure SPR blessing (atm i have seen cap blessing going out to bonus 616 damage per line from pure spr can be more) ATM my blessing is 450.

But to offset that i am A chap PD which offers incinerate and set people on fire in aoe up to 3.3k damage 2 ticks per second.

so like i say it depends solely who you are playing with and how you can offer to build/blend into the party.

Any way Back to OP point. If you really want to maximise Asperlligum damage.

Go Int. and lv 15 Aspersion + 100% on it.

the scaling on Aspersion damage is higher on INT. edit typed wrongly was in dun lel.

Guys all i want is PVE not a PVP player here, thanks for all your answer please guide me more…