Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain (I mean c4 Priest...)

So I’m reading through the tos subreddit and I find this: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3ztyj5/new_5th_rank_cleric_hidden_class_chaplain/

IMC is repeating the same mistakes they already made on the Pardoner with this new class. It was bad enough that the merchant mechanic of the Pardoner relied heavily on the previous ranks chosen, this Chaplain is basically a c4 Priest.

Just look at the skills

1. [Last rites] scales with [sacrament]
  2. [Build capella] uses every single Priest buff
  3. [Magnus exorcismus] requires [exorcise]
  4. [Aspergillum] scales with [aspersion]

Some skills in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSpXoykljdU&feature=youtu.be

I mean forum should have prompted that there is a similar thread when you were creating this one OR you could’ve used search, i have heard its quite effective OR you could’ve just taken a glimpse on latest threads and noticed:

2 Likes

Blame something in the forums then.
1.I can’t view that (dunno why). Access denied …
2. Didn’t show up as a new thread (and yet your reply got me a notification, weird).
3. This is more to point out that IMC is repeating their mistakes with the Pardoner. The Pardoner is already a mess.

So yeah…

If Pardoner can make scrolls from all cleric classes, it’s basically OP. That’s why IMC only allows Pardoners to make scrolls from previous classes skills. This kind of balancing doesn’t look like a mess to me.

But if Pardonere were to be put in rank 10 and it can craft all cleric skills into scrolls, then it’s a different story.

As for Chaplain, I personally don’t see any problem with Chaplain’s skills being dependent on Priest. It’s their way to make that class unique and “exclusive” considering it is a hidden class. It’s also their way to make full support build that utilize Priest c3 more powerful and viable, by strengthening Priest skills to a new level.

But I understand that maybe you want every class to be standalone. It’s not wrong.

6 Likes

My issue is in skills learned in 1 rank requiring skills learned in another rank. Before the Chaplain the Pardoner was the only “unique” class in that all the other classes could stand alone.

But look at the trend.
The list for simony skills keeps getting shorter with talks of a revamp? redo? because stuff is affecting Krivis (related to daino being sellable as a scroll lowering a Krivis’ party value - won’t bother digging up the thread).

There’s even this weird patch note saying Deivdirby buffs can no longer be sold in [spell shop].

http://pastebin.com/muEjBpzm
When was it even possible to sell those anyway O_o

If IMC is sticking to the “any class combination” theme they have going with every other class, then this is going against that. If IMC is saying “this is the new theme” then OK, I’ll take it (but they better make more classes requiring skills/classes in previous ranks - I’m looking at all the rank ? in http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/)

Multiple people where worried about the lack of viability in full support builds as they like to play said roles, there’s also a few classes that have a dead rank in linear progressions for those who prefer playing that way.
It’s all about giving more options to the players at the end of things, which does go along with IMC’s design policy of leaving players be able to follow whichever role they want. You want PriestC3 but don’t care about Chaplain? That’s fine. You only wanted PriestC2? That’s fine, and so and so on.

1 Like

I think i could be okay with chaplain, if they did a hidden class for every rank 2 class from every tree

It kinda makes priest special

1 Like

Considering how a lot of people treat Clerics that don’t have Priest the class was already ‘‘special’’ to begin with ¬¬
Being a Krivis was hard.

1 Like

Ikr? And now with chaplain it’s official D;

On the other hand, it’d be awesome if they did something like this to every rank 2 class

Imagine this for cryo and pyromancers, it’d be dope xD

1 Like

I dont think IMC intends to make class trees having equal opportunities. An obvious example is lack of money making class in archer’s tree at least up to rank 8 while everyone else have one at rank 6 (swordies at 5).

I love krivis…

As crit heavy archer… i licked they’re boots xD.

1 Like

IMC also stated they wanted ranks 1-4 as forgetable classes whos skills aren’t used in endgame. Did they do a 180 on this? Are we now going to see ranks 1-4 with upgraded skills in hidden classes? Maybe I missed an announcement or something …

That statement is very true for damage dealing classes. Supports are strong with their buffs/debuffs especially if they scale well. For cleric class tree to have “forgetable” 1-4 ranks IMC would have to put some sort of decent healing skills in every new rank/class.

3 Likes

Whatever they may have said about wanting low circle skills falling off, they didn’t implement it well. Lots of lower skills are much better than higher skills, or are some kind of utility that never really goes bad.

Multishot, flame ground, the icewall-pp combo, blessing, heal…

True.

Only a few skills scale well dps wise in 1~4 circle.

Multi hit skills.
Atk % bonus skills.
DOT Dps (AOE flameground etc.)

Most are “Huh … i used that? why did i use that?”

Personally the skill that scales the best is multishot level 15.
16 hits. Will be lategame relevant for some builds.

Actually, cure is by far the best example, 38 Hits @lv15, scales 2* INT… Its damage is insane for a Rank 1 class, it’ll never fall off.

1 Like

Its kinda debateable. Cure can’t hit flying stuff, and multishot has two charges.

Either way, you compare them to say, thrust…

1 Like

So paladin is forgettable? Cant wait for its hidden class then.

Honestly hope no class is irrelevant… The charm to the game is building a unique character… No point if only the final classes matter.

3 Likes

Why no one mention Quick Cast from Wiz. That skill make any dps rank afterward stronger: bad-> good, good -> great, great to godly…