Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain for the win!

so happy i rolled chappy <3

using cafrisun set, +5 velniup and arde dagger.
skills used are Lv10 sacrament, Lv8 Blessing, Lv3 aspergilium, which uses level12 aspersion

edit: here’s a v2 thats even stronger. this time i use a +7 velniup, level 1 last rites is added to the skill list and i got level 30 in aspersion’s damage attrubute.
all my gear and stats are also shown in the video:

3 Likes

why are you using a velniup lol?

better off getting a hammer like valtas morning star or wizard blade
the magic damage is applied to the aspergellium procc so you get double the value from any weapons with + magic damage.

also get lvl 1 last rites asap it will add another hit and has a long duration.

ill try it out but im almost pure dex so the +crit attack really helps. not to mention this is the only source of +aoe attack i got. (that and its half the price)
so im not sure if the hammer is better

pure dex with a chaplain!?

chaplains scale hard with int lol
int/con is what you want on a chaplain

the main portion of your damage will come with aspergellium since you can scale it using aspersions attribute (+100% damage)

you have no other physical spells later on to support a dex build, unless your going monk? or paladin? which are both bad with chaplain

i’m not really asking for advice here lol, i run my chappy my way, you do it yours. with high dex you dodge almost all physical attacks and deal criticals nonstop which can be boosted with gear that add crit attack. i dont think investing in int or spr will give that much more damage but feel free to show a video with similar gear/level setup to prove me wrong.

edit: and yes i do got a couple points in con, enough to survive the dungeons

edit2: i did not know however that the attribute % of aspersion adds up to aspergiliums damage. this video was recorded with no points into that attribute so i guess i could add another 100% ontop of that once maxed. thanks for letting me know.

ah, its fine lol, you can play how you like, im just puting
up info, since ive mained both a crit based chaplain and an int chaplain
to 200+, i got my int chaplain to 280 just before this one month EA
anyway
at lvl 170ish your gonna hit a damage defecit. for your last 2 ranks youd be better off going into support. since no other str class can fill in the lack of damage(unless you go monk, but your chaplain skills are wasted), and youll have to spend furiously to upgrade your weapons, youll need lots of phys damage to keep up.

yeah i am planning to get atleast cleric c2.
this is what i got so far, the rank7 im still unsure of though. i may change my mind and go pardoner for the spell shop for rank6-7. but overall i am happy with my build.

also i appreciate the help. i just dont want to run a build everyone already plays lol. i like to keep it a little unique.

i may try a full int build in the future on a different chap though

np :smiley:
yea, cleric C2 and PD is all you need to be insta partied lol which is nice as a support.

on my crit chaplain i went with pardoner into kabbalist
pardoner helped lots with upgrading my weapons since i got ez money, and kabbalist just because i wanted to try it out and too much people were spamming PD lol.

Can I ask you something real quick? I’m planning to run a similar chaplain INT build as you mentioned but I’m maxing blessing and sacrament for the damage buffs in parties and plan to reroll my skills and stats towards mass heal and asperion later on. My question is, should I instead reroll now and respec all into asperion instead of sacrament for more damage?

are you near becoming a chaplain?
max out aspersion if your close, sacrament should be taken to either lvl 5 or 10, it doesn’t really add a significant amount of damage per level, ive seen more supportive builds which leave sacrament at lvl 1 to go for stone skin and revive

same can be said for blessing, i leave mine at lvl 5 since the majority of its damage comes from attributes and the loss of 40 damage fom lvl 5-15 is negligible. hell you can even leave it at lvl 3 and grab 2 points into resurrection to get revives increased duration attribute.

if your not close to becoming a chaplain i would leave aspersion alone it doesnt have to be maxed either, tbh the skill choices for preist is very flexible, depending on your preference / playstyle you can go all out damage with max blessing, sacrament and aspersion, most people tend to drop the 10 points off blessing and gab mass heal and revive then another 5 points can be dropped of sacrament for stone skin.

1 Like

Hey guys, could you help me out with some questions ?

I’m also playing an INT Priest C3 > Chap > Cleric 2 - Party and PvE oriented - but I wonder how INT actually increases damage as it doesn’t seem to scale with anything besides Heal and Cure - I have very little info about the damage formulas.

Meanwhile, SPR benefits Mass Heal, Aspersion and Stone Skin.

So, basically, what are the advantages of going full int over a mixed variation ?
How much SPR should one invest in such build ?

And one more thing, is Heal 10 + Mass Heal 6 enough for healing on higher levels ?
I think I’m gonna level Buffs for now but reset for a more supportive toon later on.

Thanks in advance !!

Congratulations on reaching Chaplain. Could you provide some info on how much does your Last Rites improve party skill damage with your sac10?

Thanks, I’m only level 45 so I’m nowhere close to chaplain. I was going to reroll because I accidently maxed deproected zone over cure. My preference is buffing atk for an easier time grinding, so from reading your suggestion I would Drop 10 pts from blessing and 5 pts from sacrament?

How is this for a chap build? I dont know what to get as plague doctor. I want to be mainly offensive battle cleric, rather than support. (I dont care if I dont get into parties or not I have friends to play with/can play by myself.) I want to beat the crap out of stuff any suggestions?

@logicgaming2
if you want a balanced set up with both good offense, defense and utility then yea, drop 10 from blessing and 5 from sacrament, max mass heal with the 10 from blessing the 5 points from sacrament can be put into stone skin at C3, i always at least take 1 point in revive since its way too good to pass up.

@Daymare
INT adds magic damage, any spell tagged with [magic] will deal bonus damage according to your min/max magic damage

aspersion deals base magic damage in a small area when you cast it and scales with magic damage from int and weapons and is then scaled further by its damage attribute (+100% at max)

aspergellium the chaplains buff skill causes auto attacks to cast the level of aspersion you have on each swing, effectively giving you magic damage on your attacks.

i would max mass heal, since it will make you an even better support with heal 10.

@deafmutes6
looks pretty solid, i would consider dropping 5 off sacrament or aspersion then maxing mass heal, imo if your gonna get mass heal you should max it.

for krivis drop 2 from daino or 1 from both zalciai and daino and put it into akuras, why?
akuras needs to be lvl 3 so you can get its attribute thats makes it regen more, 1.5 per point and it maxes at 50 points.

for pd get blood letting, that will make you and your party basically immune to lvl 2 status ailments

heres some videos of this build in action
against 2 bosses
against 1 boss

Thanks! Would you recommend rerolling if I accidentally max deprotected zone instead of cure? Also can I get the build you used for ur INT chap?

not really that big of a deal, cure will fall of later, but its very good for the early levels, deprot zone will depend on what your ending with, if your getting PD it can be somewhat useful, since you can deubuff monsters and cast incenerate on them

heres my build, its for offense and less for supporting, getting balanced defense and utility is better than going all out damage imo, i chose to not drop 5 from sacrament since stone skin is situational, but if your in groups more than solo id recommend getting it.

@yodish92 Your posts have been very helpful. I am trying to build a support for PvP and PvE heals/support. Right now I am Cleric1>Priest3>(Chaplain>Cleric2>PD or Kab) the last 3 are not in my level yet. I know I can use daino scroll for pve to increase buff limit, but not pvp. What would you suggest I do for pvp? Continue to chaplain>cleric2? And is PD or Kab better for PvP healing? If you have a build you suggest (with stat to focus on) please let me know. Thank you <3

for PVP support i would go with diev 3, chaplain suffers pretty heavily since they go upclose, bokor 2 and druid 2 are also strong for pvp, especially bokors, once you can tag some one with hex they are basically doomed.

i wouldnt take advice on pvp from me though, i never really liked pvp since its so unbalanced and i play with higher pings, but a couple of my friends played cleric and recommended me those classes if i wanted to make a pvp character.

if im going level1 sacra and still go chaplain, does last rite become useless?