Tree of Savior Forum

Chaplain, con/int or con/spr? please help

I went Chaplain because I also wanted solo / glinding capability and full SPR support that can effectively buff my team.
I’m not really in love with “Chaplain”, I just want to play full support class and be able to solo well (which Chaplain is really really good at)

But after I saw those rank 8 videoes, somehow, my first impression was “Isn’t the DPS too high? my “Last Rite, Sacredment, Blessing”,seriously, are useless now!”. Half of my support buffs suddenly become useless?? :fearful: and Heal is based on player’s HP, so DPS class that took Cleric C2 can heal like me :confused:

What class would you recommend that is full support but still be able to solo?

I wouldn’t give up hope about Chap since we have Miko coming… There is some potential to make a build that holds up to R8 if IMC goes crazy with the circle duration ability the dataminers have uncovered for Miko(if it stays).

In a good scenario for Chaps Miko’s duration extender would be something you can channel at low cost… Or a buff that’d allow Magnus to say up for extreme duration. For now all we have is a vague description of the skill. And we don’t even know if Miko will be released with it. I am at least intrigued by it… And I’d like to make one even if they aren’t meta if there have a cool synergy like that.

True but miko is just a one circle filler like chap. Alot of R 7 R 8 base is gonna out class it and R9 assuming if stuff happens. you can only have that much choice at lower :stuck_out_tongue:

So Chaplain may be able to rely on Magnus(INT scaled), instead of auto attack? In that case, I should go for hybrid like everyone has stated, right? :slight_smile:

But I hope that my Support Buffs will get some spotlights too >…<

Thanks for all the suggestions :smiley:

I think I’ll put (If it’s good) Miko in R6, instead of Cleric C2. Miko can heal too if my memory serve right, so the skill will make up with 10-Heal :slight_smile:
So it’s a good circle filler.

Do you know Miko skills are scaled with INT or SPR?

We don’t have much information about it yet… I’ll give you a link to what is minded though… You will need to run google translate though… or use chrome to translate…

second… while I find it…

Edit: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skills?cls=Char4_18&f=1

… you know we did have descriptions somewhere these don’t include them… Give me a second to find them.

Edit2: kTOS General Thread v2.0

It’s not yet out so we won’t really know lol… atm is just datamined skill and channeling blocks is what i am aware of.

i full spr and 100 con build, i dont pick chap instead of krivis and the dame buff is amazing when ur team have more PA. Blessing full spr get more 800 Atk full Int just 500, and u buff for 5 char, total dame is better a lot and krivis Crit att scale amazing too. With full spr u never scare magic atk and stone skin u really hard in TBL. I really enjoy my build. U can check it. AA now just visable for Qs3 build. And I dont think a team have 4 QS 3 :smiley:

Magnus is doing respectable dmg right now, but you do need a decent exorcise skill level to use it.
[ Exorcise in ktos hits enemies equal to its skill level before vanishing and has decent base dmg/hits. Worth maxing atm imo. ]

Capella is also still decent due to it extending stone skin. But it’s more taxing on buff limits.

As for full support, not by the definition. We have no debuffs or buffs we can use to replace damage entirely.

There’s plenty hybrid builds with proper support though, like: Dievdirby2+, Krivis3, Druid2+, Paladin & Plague Doctor.

As for miko check: kTOS General Thread v2.0

Just keep in mind miko is likely to change.

Thanks for the info. If I would be maxing Exorcise and Magnus, I’d have to sacrifice my Support skills, right? :worried:

So, becoming Hybrid seems to be the choice
I’ve invested 80 Con and 110 SPR, (LV157), is it too late?

let said another way which skill at rank5 below still work perfectly at rank10( if you did’t quit the game) then you keep it

Stats are fine, just put the rest into int.

Skill pointwise priest is incredibly annoying atm.

The easy part is:

• Sacrament = 0. Waste of buff slot. Grab spell shop version if you need it.
  • Monstrance = 1. Dex buff is same regardless of LVL, higher levels used to have a longer cast time.
  • Stone Skin = 5. The main reason you’re going priest/chap ofc. 400 block is quite good for a mere 5 points.
  • Resurrection = 5, Got to ensure you can res as quick as possible.

But the rest are up for personal preference 11/45 are already taken so we got 34 left.

• Exorcise = 3-5. Maxed is the best ofc.
  • Blessing = 0 or 5-15. The added dmg is still quite good for high hit builds like pd2. 1 buff slot in use won’t be the end of the world.
  • Aspersion = 0 or max. Good for pvp since def now scales better. But can use spell shop versions for PvE instead.
  • Revive = 3-10. Really good when maxed, long cd though. Hard to find points for it.
  • Mass Heal = ?. Not one of the best healing skills atm, but far from the worst either. Cleric2+miko builds prob won’t need it.

Personally, i think I’ll try a:

7 mass heal, 7 revive, 5 exorcise and then 15 into either aspersion or blessing. [Plus the 5 resurrection, 1 monstrance, 5 stone skin ofc.]

Chaplain is easy, just ignore last rites imo.

Nevermind, the holy dmg is just a poor English translation. Not sure why we have that.

Exorcise is still kinda bad imo…

Leaving it for 1 is enough. The tile will not be missing after triggering the hit.

Thanks for the advice :smiley:

About the holy dmg poor translation, I’m still confused.
I thought It would change all Physical Attacks to Holy Attacks (ignores block and physical defence + increases damage on demons/muntants + magic defence will reduce the damage).
But when I finally used the spell myself, I noticed that Phy Def still reduces my damage and swordies can still block my attacks. And It affects only Auto Attack, not physical damage skills (like Earth Wave or Impale)

What does it do exactly? beside adding another line of holy damage.

It’s basically additional property Holy.

Basically added damage to every line. only that part of damage is added on mutants and demon. Magic defense does reduce that damage(elemental defense)

it also triggers blessing to the line. It is more use of a combo via sacrament + last rite + blessing > on ur AA charactesr like QS3

Which give them up to 4 lines on a Auto attack. The additional is Both holy and Magic just fyi. This is useful if you are running rexipher setup.

Run Chapalins/PD(daino scroll) + Fire linking chrono + QS, X2 fill like diev or thau for steriods,

Then see how the QS carry ya with 5 lines of damage. Suggestion is leave 1 point on sacrament in case dungeon expires and you need to AA Something.
Notorius like ET objects have high hp and need either a QS 3/ Warlock with DOT/ Diev to clear it. Additional won’t be bad in this case then.

As for last rites the points you add in just determines how how is the recast.
So you won’t imo need to take it so high at later ranks.

Prolly 1 sacrament , 2-3 last rites. Basically just for additional AA damage / elemental damage for proc.

Exorcise is kinda bad atm even when max. the damage is i dunno. worse than cure? Mostly as a trigger to magnus more towards as a setup of " another flame ground/pillar" in front of you while u shred them with plague vapor + incinerate.

Another note is Exorcism does not affect magnus damage. Magnus is basically a setup spell independent on it’s skill rank and attribute for damage.

If you are into AA inquisitor builds. There is another discussion board for that . Looking at inquisitor kit imo it sitll favor DEX crits build over int/SPR for AA.

Though the extra lines will proc? as mentioned

So it just adds a portion of holy damage, not change the whole of my attack to holy property. . . What a shock! D:<

From http://pastebin.com/AZhViKFx:

[Priest]
► Exorcise
○ The magic circle is now a maintained ground spell instead of being destroyed after one attack. After the maximum amount of hits have been applied, the magic circle will disappear. ( The number of hits = Skill Level)

Exorcise has a shorter cd than magnus (36s vs 60s). It can also hit flying and has at least 15 hits so it scales well with int.

@natchapol.jj:
Our English translation ingame and on tosbase is misleading i believe.

Sacrament and Last Rites act as clones, they both add +x holy dmg to any hit and add an extra hit to auto attacks.
But last rites boosts sacrament by up to 40% and further with the attribute.

But somehow that got translated into 40% extra holy dmg…

10 + X eh. hmm still pretty bad i guess thats a + for a suddenly short burst.

You know just speaking of gimmick parties… I recall a weird one from the old days when additional lines caused toyhammer procs. Was a premade with a chap(bless/etc), wagushi (poison enchant), pyro/link2/chrono3(auto atk build), and a QS3(running shot).

They were buff sharing the running shot and hammering away… Definitely one of the fastest mission runs I did at the time. Would be interesting to see how well that can do now.

I wonder if you could even murder in R8 with it… You’d have wheel from the cleric and even higher levels of running shot. And another line with enchanter’s lightning buff… lol

well with R8 Dragoon all meele party are actually murdering WB hell dam fast that includes demon lords.
Dragoon give calls on lead and debuff, Dopple and Fencer just smash demons lord. The can literally burst up to a few million a time with dragoon debuffs.

For grinds yea. Inquistor with any meele is literally lol melt mobs.Since it spread skill damages. Dethrone incoming splat.

Meanwhile muskeeter qs remains the most selfish bursting / single target ever. QS 3 can go up to 7 lines with the current setup. Enchant Lighting + enchant fire + carfisun + RS + Last rites + sacrament

Which is literally ewwww disgusting. On rexiphers. Places that need AA heavy area. Gimmick world bosses etc.
It’s easy 50-60m damage in 10 min with just 2 parties at R8

Yea wheel is a god send to synergies all physical damage. There are limitations though.

I still don’t see much chaps to inquisitor videos to consider if it is good enough as a stand alone class. Meanwhile PD is extremely good as a standalone class.

For now inquisitor is best pair with paladin for smite synergy and conviction. IMO just a grain of salt =X.

We will see it as we get there i guess.