Tree of Savior Forum

Channels killed in all the maps after last maintenance

Sure is going to be nice farmin things like Mithril Ore or Battle Bracelet in 3 channels only maps :smirk:

What happened to the channels?

5 Likes

Even high level maps like thaumas trail were cut down. Sigh

Seriously? Wonder if they killed channels due to player population decreasing…

Well GG IMC

+1 bots
+0 players

http://puu.sh/pQYm7/42e4e194ea.jpg

3 Likes

They reduced the channels for maps that do not deserve it but did nothing to maps that deserves it, e.g. East Siauliai Woods? facepalms

So now we have less channels, which means we will have more encounters with bots, and not to mention we have to waste more time to farm/grind what with these god-awful spawn rates? Idiocy at its finest =.=

I saw some grind zones now have more channels

On fedimian on Truffles we got 1 channel more atm

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They want more players farming white boater, that’s their intention for keeping channels like West Siauliai 20+ channels.

1 Like

thanks again korea .

So… I just got this message from @STAFF_Max in TOS reddit

“The rearrangement should not have negative effects on normal gameplay” I lol’ed at this line.

5 Likes

I got the same reply on this thread.

Efficiency is fine and all but as what’s discussed in the topic they probably made a big mistake on choosing which maps to have their channels reduced

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they didn’t manually choose the maps, it was probably automatically calculated based on how many players visited the map the past week or so.

Also IMHO, channel hopping to grind shouldn’t be required in the first place. It’s just a work-around people use to deal with the problem of too few monsters.

IMC should fix those problems first before removing extra channels. It’s like they WANT to kill this game at this point.

1 Like

IJust what they said. Probably they are cutting cost.
Numbers might be increasing at some point of time cos there’s a few players trying how the game looks like but it’s still different from " LOYAL and genuine players that they “USED” to have.

I can see that it is slowly falling thus cutting cost to atleast provide a “playable” server.

Am I right to say this guys? @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ines

Cutting channels wouldn’t be that big deal if spawns/drop rate and silvers weren’t so bad

No, they want to solve the problems that seem to be most important for players. In this case lag and instability issues.

They knew the spawn rate of monsters and the density of monsters has been an issue since closed beta and chose to do nothing about it. Then suddenly decide to reduce the number of channels.

Sorry, no. There are better solutions to lag by creating proper netcode and hardware upgrades rather than reducing ‘channels’. IMC needs to stop looking for the 5 second solutions (that create more problems than they solve) to cut down on labor costs and apply real solutions.

5 Likes

Channels cut down? Where are all the “game is dying” threads when we need one lol.

The “should not have negative effects on normal gameplay” gets me the most. How stupid can you come up with that.

Rip silver farming at dina bee, rip grinding in the 211+ maps, can’t efficiently farm for anything anymore.

You have mine, see I told you.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes