Tree of Savior Forum

Changing usernames

i was thinking maybe you can add a small feature to this website. perhaps the ability to change usernames? i found some posts about being able to change usernames but i dont see it giving me that option

Profile>Preference>Username>Edit>Save Done!

6 Likes

But remember when you change your username, all the “@ old usernames” will not work for your new usename.

I actually don’t have a way to change my username, there is no edit for username or email for that matter, only for profile picture, background and user card background.

Same here, tried to change my username, too, but I don’t get it to work since the Edit button is missing…

I guess they changed that or it’s a bug.

The edit button is the pencil

The only pencil is next to the profile picture and it only allows me to edit the profile picture.

yesterday the pencil was there, I just went to check it and its not there any more, I guess they’re fixing it?

I think new registered user can’t edit the username, just guessing* :grin:

Yeah don’t have that, not being able to have capitals in my name kinda sucks.

That’s odd. I edited my username the day I created my account. But after reading this thread and checking preferences the pencil is no longer there o.o

Maybe it depends on how we signed up? I do not have the option either, I signed up VIA facebook.

I had it when I signed up and mine was also through Facebook,so I think they may just be changing it.

This has been an option before. They may have changed it due to everyone might changing their name so often. Probably to avoid scammers.

I want to change my username :confused: but don’t show this pencil… AHH I really want to change :rabbit:

Yes they changed the back-bone code of Discourse to prevent changing usernames while removing the “full name” section which contained (by default) our email addresses

If a moderator sees this: I suggest making every new user able to change their username once and then prevent them from changing it instead of removing the change username feature completely

Currently, there is a 1 day grace period before you can change your username.
I’d suggest waiting for a day before you change it but if it’s absolutely necessary to change it immediately for some reason, then you can let a staff know about it. :smile:

4 Likes

Meaning that we’ve only get one chance to change our username?

You can change more than once but your mentions through @ may break every time you change it so I’d suggest not to change it so often.

1 Like