Tree of Savior Forum

Changes in order to save and improve this game [UPGRADED]

When the game first launched everyone was so hyped, even before the early access people that partecipated in the betas started to write positive reviews on steam saying to everyone just how fabulous this game was… we had about a 1000 reviews and at least 800 of them were positives… 80% not bad.

And here we are now, less than a week after the early start release and we have to come up with ideas on how to actually save this game since many founders asked for a refound and that whopping 80% of positive reviews changed to a much worse 50%, mixed with bad ones, and keeps on worsening itself.

It’s so easy to find out the reasons for this very fast downfall… just read forum treads and steam reviews and you’ll find out but let me make a list on them.

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES:

• trade restrictions
  • market restrictions
  • team storage restrictions
  • queques to get into the game

THE OTHER ONES:

• gold seller spam
  • lag
  • crashes
  • bugs
  • P2W elements

It’s really easy to understand, reading player comments and reasons for quitting, which one are the most pressing matters that will, and actually are right now, sending this game to his absolute doom.

Changes need to be done fast, beore the game gets a reputation so bad on the internet that it’ll scare away new players while sending away current ones at the same time.

Now i’m going to give my personal solutions to all these problems.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF I THINK CHANGES TO THESE POINTS ARE A “MUST DO AT ALL COST” THING I DON’T THINK MY SUGGESTIONS ARE A “MUST USE THEM AT ALL COST” THING.

These are the changes that needs to be done and that will save this game while, at the same time, keep IMC earning incomes… let’s discuss them in single points:

TRADE RESTRICTIONS:
everyone has to be able to trade, 1:1, for free. YOu might think that giving the chance to traiding only to premium users actually give values to the token but, in reality, it takes it away since token users have non-token user friends and they’ll still be unable to trade with them even if they wanted to… in fact many premium users are against the trade restriction.

No, what you want to do is give everyone free trading, ONLY ITEMS and NO SILVER to make it harder for silver sellers, BUT you might want to make it so that when a premium user RECEIVE an item it won’t lose potential.

This’ll give everyone what they want: Players will be able to trade, premium users will have an advantage, the token will have value and IMC will earn it’s money.

For whoever thinks that not making the item lose potential while trading etc will impact the game… think this trough a little better: "not losing potential while trading doesn’t mean that the item won’t need enchanting, socketing, etc etc… so the item WILL lose potential in time… BUT token users will get ONE MORE CHANCE at item’s modification, that’s it, nothing game breaking.

MARKET RESTRICTIONS:
You really want to give everyone free market slots, just keep the 30% tax for F2P gamers while lowering it to 10% for token users. At the same time when a token user buy something in the market the item son’t lose potential, like what i said for trading.

This’ll give everyone chance to market and still give token good benefits that’ll make IMC earn their money.

TEAM STORAGE RESTRICTIONS:
Once again, team storage hould be mandatory and usable for everyone and i mean both ITEMS and SILVER.

Beeing able to trade silver in between everyone own character does not help silver sellers in any possible way and actually gives crafting classes a reason to exist, reason that, as it is now, really isn’t in the game and transform most of these classes in painful experiences since their main objective should be economy of the team.

Once again, make it so that token users won’t lose potential while passing items to their other characters.

QUEQUES TO GET INTO THE GAME:
This one is super easy: 1-2 new international server and free transfer of players to EU, SEA and new ones RIGHT NOW!

It’s really no use giving the chance in a month time when people will be so pissed at the fact they couldn’t play the early access they paid for.

ENEMIES RESPAWN RATE:
The respawn rate of enemies is a big problem, expecially in a grinding game like this one… you REALLY need to rise it ASAP.

SILVER SELLERS SPAM:
cancel the shout channel for the chat, really it should not exist. Most of the time anyway people use to write the stupidest things and it’s actually useful in a really small number of times.

Just take it away: there’ll be no more silver seller spamming and at the same time you’re going to give these same sellers a very hard time advertising their product.

P2W ELEMENTS:
So there are some people saying that the stat scrolls used to enchance gear in the cash shop are P2W… and they are totally right about that!

So here’s a way to take away the P2W label from these scrolls while keeping the scrolls income at the same time.

Simply make the scrolls have a value of 5TP instead of 8. This’ll mean that F2P players will be able to buy one every 23 hours of gameplay (1 free tp every 4 hours is it?) that whould be a very nice reward for the time spent on the game.

And no, don’t come at me saying “F2P wants everything for free”… cause if you think about it 1 scroll every 23 played hours means that while F2P will be able to get them they’ll probably need years to get enough and, at the same time, spending TPs on scrolls mean they’ll not be spending TPs on reviving crystals so… something will be bought with real money or there’ll be a need to choose between one thing or the other.

The random stat property of the scroll tho will still require a large number of scrolls to be used so P2P players will still buy a lot of them from the TP market!

So with this evry little change you take off the P2W label from the game and still keep getting income for IMC.

BUGS, LAG, FPS, ETC:
not a lot to say at the moment, you just got to work on it and make it better…

ABOUT POSSIBLE EXPLOITS OF THE PREMIUM “NOT LOSING POTENTIAL ISSUE”:

I’d like to suggest that items are made “account bound” after 1 trade or after beeing bought once in the marketplace.

This’ll mean that:

• the potential of an item will still be relevant when it comes to upgrading such items and the items will still risk destruction
  • it’s impossible for premium users to exploit the premium “not losing potential” issue to crash the market by selling such item only to other premium users.
  • we have a safe ground for everyone to trade and help each other in a way that cannot in any way, be potentially dangerous for the market.
  • premium users will still keep more chances of succesfully upgrading items thus giving the token value
  • we’d be giving a blow to silver sellers that might rely on “giving customers expensive items to sell in the market”

CONCLUSIONS:

This is my gameplay review… i love this game, i really want it to succeed at the highest lvl, but i’m not stupid enough to think that as it is now it’ll actually stand a chance of beeing a succesful game.

I’ll even tag @staff_Julie in this post hoping it won’t be a bother for her since i feel to do changes about these things should be on top of the priority list of IMC dev team immediatly after the adjustment to Dungeons.

106 Likes

I personally agree with all of the above and yes I am a token player. I do not want trade restrictions. At the very least, let premo players initiate trades with their friends or gift them items. It destroys a lot of the fun of sharing and hunting together for loot. Half of my motivation when I played RO was while hunting, helping my friends get that one special item or card.

If I made add one, SOMEONE needs to be around on the weekends, holy crap!

8 Likes

This is the thing that currently bothers me the most. A fking grind game and even when I’m alone on the certain server and run through the map, I happen to encounter like 5 mobs, sometimes even fewer LOL.

I disagree about the part with scrolls however, I think you’re exaggerating. It’s just 30% for 1h, I would never pay for more than a tome or two, if I really am in a need to level up fast. It’s not like “increase the exp 500%” but 30%. It’s nothing.

Trade restriction is ridiculous indeed but I think everyone agrees on it.

Speaking of market restriction… It was the main reason, why I activated the token I got in the founder’s pack, instea of waiting for the holidays lol. IMO biggest incentive to get premium, I doubt they will change it.

I WILL REPEAT MYSELF AT THE VERY END

INCREASE FREAKING SPAWN RATES!!!

3 Likes

Not talking about EXP scrolls (Tomes) that are P for convenience and totally fine. Talking about the random stat scrolls that can be used to add stats to headgear.

Gonna edit the post to make it clearer

1 Like

Agreeing on many points but since this is a feedback thread, I’ll post my own feedback based on my own opinion too.

I personally think the trade restrictions are actually fine. Yes there are difficulties especially when you wish to help fund(?) your friend (e.g. giving potion supply) but this can be worked around with. There’s the market for trading, there’s also supporting your friends with an actual support class (which helps makes the class more useful).

Only items and no silver trading may hinder those silver sellers, but that’s not the way to address the issue with silver sellers as that should be addressed in a different manner.

Premium users have the ability to not lose potential when trading is something I disagree with. I think the concept of potential dropping when trading is great. Your “godly” item won’t last forever, as how nothing lasts forever in real life, even if your sword is made of the best metal on earth forged by the best blacksmith. It makes economy of the game last longer as people will constantly need to make good items instead of just relying on an old item that keeps moving around (which people will eventually start doing this in RMT, which makes this game P2W even more then any other reason).

My conclusion & opinion on this point : Leave trading as it is. It’s fine. At best, improve on the market system instead. I haven’t been using the market much so no comments there at the moment, but I’m glad they made stuff in the market expire after a set amount of time.

Agreeing with TS completely except the potential part, which I explained above.

Transfers should probably be considered ASAP. It will most likely reduce all these headaches everyone is getting due to server problems coming from overpopulation and whatnot.

P.S. Its spelled “queue”. Not picking on anything since English is probably not your native language, just umm… teaching I guess? :x Or if it was a typo then sorry for being picky on silly things XD

I think the old iCBT2 spawns were better. I am totally crying doing journal completion for mob that barely spawns :sob:

Don’t cancel shout channel. I’ve played many MMOs and really, its part of the joy to be able to communicate across on speakers/megaphones. It’s similar to posting stuff on reddit/forums where you say something and everyone reads it, some people reply you, some people don’t, etc etc, just that it’s in-game.

Instead, implement something to prevent hacking / macroing. There’s many hackshields out there or implement a self-made program. By preventing the hackers (who are mostly silver farmers for selling silver), you prevent the spamming, and thus solve many issues at once. Granted, they will eventually bypass the hackshield system but that’s why you need to keep it constantly updated.

Agree and disagree. Several reasons. First of all, there’s a class Appraiser which we don’t have information about (or at least, I can’t find anything about it). I speculated that this job will have the ability to enchant equipments thus making Enchant Scrolls partially useless.

Either way if I am wrong or right, Enchant Scrolls does not make the game P2W because enchants has limitations. They are random, so this generates income for the company. But the main point is enchanted items are still tradeable.

The reason people are saying its P2W is because whales can purchase in bulk, create a god tier item after rerolling countless times? Then Tokens being tradeable are also P2W as people can still buy Tokens and sell them so why blame the Enchant Scroll specifically?

Pretty much every game has P2W elements as the developers will charge cash shop items. The only game that I know that has zero P2W element (exclude P2P games please, those are a different category) is DotA. You pay, to get fashionable, but it doesn’t change the gameplay at all.

This doesn’t work in MMO anymore. The game eventually doesn’t generate enough income that the company shuts it down. Giving players an edge for playing is probably necessary in MMOs today, which players will eventually take as P2W. If you rather the company shut down by removing all P2W from the game, then fine. Alternatively, come up with a different plan for paying. E.g. Token users (aka Premium / paid) has overall more gameplay stuff like skipping queues to enter the game (then again queues shouldn’t exist but as of time of post it does so this suggestion is valid) / able to freely teleport without using a statue (currently this is the Warp Scroll in TP shop).

Note : All the above are my purely my opinion as a player. You may agree or disagree with me, and even debate with my reasoning (feel free to do so, good discussions usually attract attention of the developers cause more points gets laid out during discussion) but don’t bother flame baiting me cause I’ll just ignore you if you do so.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I just briefly looked at this part of your message, didn’t read it whole, had expected it to be another complain about exp scrolls.
Lol, I had no idea such a thing actually existed. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Would totally agree with you… if in the last 4 days the game didn’t receive about 800-1000 negative reviews talking about the trade system as it is now ^^

dont forget about restriction for the dongeon, i mean i paid to be premium, i expect an unlimited acess of the game. i was willing to pay each month to be a premium but i feel like im stuck in the circle of daily quest, i wish i could do an 10 hour marathon & forget about it after that ,

3 Likes

Someone gives this man a prize.

I’m a premium player (and consider to be for some time) and totally agree with him. The only aspect I would like to mention it was the potential thing, like @XhiroYui said, it’s a good thing, the top items should not be out there forever, people must have to try to build their own godly haha. However, I think it should be other thing, but your considerations are clearly reasonable and it greatly summarize the “western” way of playing mmo, i think.

Just to add consistency to your words @svalinn85 , here’s a video recorded by a fellow redidter comparing ICBT2 and now spawn rates: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f34FGRngzPU

2 Likes

People are generally aren’t able to immediately adapt to change. Changing doesn’t always means it’s bad. It may bring bad reviews but it MAY help the game more in the long run. Emphasis on “may” cause I’m no Oracle. :smile:

I agree… the potential thing is a good thing that is why i said to make it so that the items won’t lose potential only when token users buy them from market or obtain them via trade.

The items will still lose potential when enchanting etc etc…

IF you think this trough you’ll find out that by not lowering item’s potential on trade what you’re actually getting is “1 more chance then everyone else” at socketing, enchanting etc etc… nothing more than that :wink:

2 Likes

I agree with this… only one problem tho: if the game dies out before people adapt to change it’ll be all for the worst wouldn’t it? If you’d check on reviews you’ll see that the game is getting hundred of bad revie3ws every single day only about the points i’ve been talking about in my post.

The thing is… the game is getting a bad reputation SO FAST that there’ll really be no time for people to “adapt”

One thing to take into consideration too is the fact that people playing at the moment are only the ones that PAID for the game… when the game goes F2P and F2P people’ll come in… the hundred negative reviews will become thousand a day

1 Like

Not really, eventually people will put an extra “price tag” like “S> This item to Token players only” which makes the item survive forever. And thus the market won’t rotate.

IF you think this trough you’ll find out that by not lowering item’s potential on trade what you’re actually getting is “1 more chance then everyone else” at socketing, enchanting etc etc… nothing more than that :wink:

Yes, this makes sense. It would/may work, haha.

Sorry to disappoint you on this but you didn’t think this trough… is it true that by doing this the item wont lose potential while trading… but unless you tell me that items don’t need to be socketed, enchanted, etc etc… all things that will still make them lose potential, there is no way what you said can actually happens.

Not losing potential on trading only means getting ONE chance more then everyone else on item’s modification

You misunderstand me. Let’s say I made a weapon with 3 sockets, enchant it, awakened it, and now made it to +20. For argument sake lets say it still has 1/7 potential on the item.

Now as long as the trade always goes between 2 token players, the item will never break, causing the item to survive forever. Thus the item never rots until some idiot decides to break it intentionally.

2 Likes

IF someone actually manage to create such an item and is willing to keep it that way they absolutly DESERVE to keep the item alive for the effort they put into it as far as i’m concerned.

Unless this game has “unique” items that absolutly need to break down or noone elese in game will find them this will never be an issue :stuck_out_tongue:

well easy… I’ll go give you a useless item crafted with my name. and sell it on market for XXX,XXX silver. pay me money , I’ll send the silver by buying the item on market. (nobody will buy that useless item for overprice unless we have a deal.)

the reason for TAX was to prevent inflation. the silver from tax will get out of the game for good. you see we get silver by killing monsters… it is like we are printing money every time we kill monster. the more silver on the server the more it become worthless.

items “SHOULD NOT EXIST FOR EVER” that’s the idea of losing potentials… because just like silver the more +15 items exist the more it become worthless. we do not want every single character having over powered item 5yrs from now… losing potential is to solve the supply and demand.

you don’t need to you can jump from one channel to another if you don’t know it yet… you can find it on the top right corner of your screen. [mini map]

===================================
but I agree on the trade restriction they should do something about it… something … a solution that is good for everyone which will not be abused.

Try farming Glizzardons for a Heart. One of many examples of horrible spawn rates which will make you cry.

It’s been done in CBT so I have no reason to doubt that it’ll be done again. And that was in 1 month. The game now never wipes so eventually we will have a stock of “Legendary” weapons hidden in some part of the game which everyone will pay huge sums of money or even RMT to purchase it. This is actually what happened to MapleStory btw.