Tree of Savior Forum

Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

lol. i can tell you’re very young that’s why i chose the word naive over ignorant. but if you insist that your “opinions” are more factual than the objective information presented to you, by all means, believe what you want.

Objective infromation? I’ve seen only your opinion over here, but no objective information.

that’s because you don’t understand how gambling affects the human brain.

Oh, I do understand perfectly how it affects the human brain, that’s why I have a feeling of disgust when I see something like that in a game.

If developers can’t introduce anything better to attract audience, then it’s a really bad sign.

And yeah, I’m 19 y.o., so you may be right, that I’m naive. Just I think that it’s not the right way to make a great game. But it may work as a cash grab.

i’m glad you got back on track to the original reason for this argument. this game has many cash grabs to make the game more convenient for its’ players. but if they got a unicorn that is exclusively obtained only through gambling, it’s more “fair” to let people take roll at dice and bet on that 1% chance of winning that unicorn. if somebody’s willing to drop a ridiculous X amount of cash on a game for something that’s not significantly game changing or altering, then that’s one great way to rack in cash. on the other hand, people that get lucky on the first roll of dice may get that unicorn too. it’s a great business model for f2p games, and winning a bet or any form of gamble is extremely pleasant to the human brain.

1 Like

The problem is, stats are really significant. And some people can’t control themselve when gambling, so it’s a bad practice to include such sort of gambling in a game.

At least it should be limited by, saying, 2 scrolls bough per day.

This is a purely pay to win item. It just separates out people with some discretionary funds to play the game and people that are obscenely rich who can throw down 200$ for an RNG-based virtual item. What make it worse, it encourages gambling. Is there really no other way to monetize this game? Many people are probably going to be going for the 18$/month tokens which are pretty much an unofficial ‘premium’ subscription to the game. Some might even invest in those experience tomes. That will already most likely be a near-consistent source of revenue for IMC. I feel like this is an unnecessary item, and there are other alternatives you can come up with which are not RNG or p2w.

1 Like

Those scrolls can be balanced out however. If number of scrolls bought per day would be limited and % would be set to match at least half of this number on average. Like 20% drop rate(0.8 scrolls average drop) with 2 scrolls max bought per day.

This will encourage people to buy scrolls but won’t give them too signigicant advantage.

And as I already said like 10 times, make only 1 active headgear.

1 Like

You aren’t thinking clearly if you think IMC is going to limit how much money people can spend.

1 Like

Actually it will encourage players buy 2 every day to not “waste the limit”.

let’s just get one thing clear. if it wasnt RNG based, eventually EVERYBODY would have a near perfect stat on whatever it is they’re rolling for. then what happens? they just stop buying the magic scroll all together because of the huge influx of perfect stat dolls that EVERYBODY has? that’s just stupid. try to look at the bigger picture. that applies to everything in life. see yall in game- cheers.

I don’t mind the scrolls having RNG. I do mind if I’m forced to buy them via cash shop because the drops are abysmal. Random enough that if I’m working to get them I could get enough over time to use and maybe sell.

There has to be a balance, maybe 0.1-0.5 % drop off some specific normal mobs and 20%-30% off some specific bosses.

Or a quest reward? Something that gets people working together .

No, what happens when everybody has BiS rolls on their current gear is they start working on the actual cosmetics that they like, aesthetically, so that they can replace their gaudy trash they started with because it was relatively cheaper and easier to max out early.

It incentivizes playing the game, clearing content, and farming newer and cooler looking hats since you can actually afford to wear them! Maybe there will even be cash shop exclusive headgear that people might consider wearing instead of the perfect Kepa Doll they’ve had since day one.

What happens when players get an “average” to “good” roll right now? Like they get 3 stats they want, at a decent value for each. Do you pay 8TP to lose all your progress and more than likely make it worse than it’s ever been? Only if you’ve got thousands of dollars in reserve, maybe. Otherwise you never buy another magic scroll ever again because the process to get that far was painful and nerve wracking and you can’t even be that happy with the result because it’s still far from perfect. Then any new hat you find is worthless unless you spend a comparable amount of money and time on it just to break even.

Either I’m ridiculously unlucky or these things are nowhere near as big a deal as people are complaining about. I have thrown most of my starting TP at these and never gotten a single good roll. Even my very best roll wasn’t good enough to make any noticeable difference.

The latter.

It does help with early leveling if you get 1-2 good offensive stat roll (+attack of your type and/or +elemental attack), but it’s not to the point of trivializing contents, and as your level get higher the impact of those stats become less and less.

It’s never to the point of ‘worthless’ but it’s also never to the point of ‘game breaking’ either.

The problem has nothing to do with how easily you can roll good stats or not. Also at the current endgame, having near-perfect stats on headgears does make a significant difference. Even if it didn’t, that’s also not the issue.

We shouldn’t be so short sighted here. The issue is that there is an item in the cash shop that randomly applies stats to a piece of gear that doesn’t have any stats on it naturally. You are literally paying to gamble for stats in the cash shop. This is here on day 1 of our release. It sets a bad precedent for what is to come in the cash shop.

Well, magic scroll will be a problem in the near future if IMC dont change it now. A simple “non tradable” fix the issue, so just saving my words for future reference.

The game is free to play but it’s not a non profit company. So what if some people are willing to spend the money they have to enjoy the game. Get a job, not everyone can grind 24/7. As it is the RNG system on the hats is already ridiculously low and the current enchantments are not creating an overpowering imbalance in the game play.