Tree of Savior Forum

CC FEEDBACK, SWORDIE sucks

No, you need spear to keep finestra buff, and you need rapier to use fencer skills. So if you want to gimp yourself by counter synergy, go ahead

will the build be viable? idc if i have to swap weapons every once in a while

plus i hate barb

You can use stabbing, pierce and spear lunge with fencer skills. Basically you use 3 ranks for 3 skills.

It would be much better to just go sword 3 pelt corsair fencer 3

When the enemy team got a Swordman everytime i cast Safe Zone they just Knockback me.

Swordmans tree got alot of Rank 2 or superior CC, Bloodletting cant protect you from Hooks, Knockbacks or Rodelero skills.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Cryokino got a lot of Rank 1 CC, nothing new here, they’re countered via Cleric class.

From my experience playing a Plage Doctor… yeah, you still can Knockback an enemy even if they’re using bloodletting.

About Safe Zone, I dont think it works with any skill to produce Knockback, but it happens to me very often… I’ll need testing.

Well isn’t an easy class to play but they can perma CC people in TBL.

Only impale goes through SZ. If you’re getting KBed for some reason, you’re cleric-ing wrong.

More like 1 person mostly, not people, except cata rush but that’s counterable too. XD

1 Like

hmm i found this…

“If the knockback is a “side effect” of a damage skill, then it wont work because SZ blocks all damage (and thus the side effects can’t proc). However “pure” knockbacks (such as Gust) can still affect you”

Well that explains a lot.

You got a point xD

1 Like

Umbo blow or rim blow goes through safety zone too (only 1 of them, can’t remember which one).

But hey, if you let a non-cata swordman get to your face like that, you’d die anyway xD

1 Like

It’s viable but it’s too narrowed in pierce damage type, once fencer you’ll be mostly holding a spear only when unloading SpearLunge once and switch back to rapier since Fen1 already gives all the tool skill you’ll need.
You’ll also lack a proper AOE due to poor skill aoe ratio unless you’re stacked aoe ratio gear.
While weapon switching can hassle but you can chain SpearLunge>Attaq>Stabbing/Sept which is already equal to Fen2(R7) Attaq>Prep>Sept
To add up Epee stance crit dmg boost modifier only works on pierce type damage.
Better switch Hop3 to either corsair for JR and Hook, Hook>LongStride is also a great gap closer, or Squire for Repair(demn poor poor rapier durability) and Maintenance.

On topic It be great if our knock back/down skills are given collision damage attributes that can proc a short(1sec) r10 stuns.
Since Clerics has Blunt weapon free stun chance attribute, I say we get free bleed chance on slash weapons as attribute.

yeah i like corsair, how this?

idk much about swordie bcuz i only have clerics and an archer.

so idk how i should go about skill points.

Corsair iron hook keeps you in place and it’s only 19 secs if you take cor3. At that point iron hook would be the only thing you bring pvp really.

1 Like

Want to have a good laugh?

Compare stone skin to high guard and aspersio to guardian (after the recent korean changes).

Want an even better laugh?

Realize that every class can get aspersio while high guard and guardian are designed to make you a better tank.

Oh, just one class different from mine.

Swordie’s general class/skills info, most details are quite outdated tho due to latest kToS patches

[Guide] Swordsman's Battle Manual (All classes) - By Cathexis

Fencing general, they’re more into the HL/Barb metas

Guide to Fencer / Doppel [PVE]

Since you’re going hop>sair>fen

[Guide] Top DPS Dual-Stance Fencer

That’s what LongStride(fast execution, unreliable due to Knockdown) and Pouncing(good damage, unreliable due to oddly bad hitbox placement) is for as a gap closers, KeelHauling(Can cause Bleed but unreliable due to canceling Hook) is also there but only to be used when Hook duration is about to end.

Sure a Pelt can stack all four of those buff, but Guardian and HighGuard will still cripple his damage output potentially making the poor guy unable to keep the aggro when grouped with high damaging classes.
Magic will still melt him/her since those buffs does jack ■■■■ against the almighty MAGIC damage.

This may be slightly off topic here but you bring up a good point on another reason why swordies suck. Even if you plan to be a ‘real’ tank and take the dmg for your team, the massive atk penalties you get from both the pelts buffs will cause you to have an extremely hard time keeping aggro on the boss, due to your even lower damage, even with provoke.

I know this wasn’t the specific point you were making but I found this interesting on IMC’s part.

just use swashbulk …

Try Swashbulk a Wugushi.
I am the Wugushi.

1 Like

Swashbuck alone doesn’t hold aggro for the entire duration, people only want swash to pull mobs because that’s all its good for. It would be nice if guaranteed to keep aggro on bosses but it doesn’t.

1 Like

Swash should get a PvP effect like decease surrounding enemie’s stats R10debuff and the only way to remove it off is to kill the caster(Pelt), and have it’s hp boost attribute switched with Guardian’s evasion.