Tree of Savior Forum

CBT & Windows 10

Do we know if the ToS client will work on Windows 10? I’ll be updating to Win10 on the 29th, but downloading the CBT client on the 30th. Just wondering if anyone knew if the two were compatible already.

From Microsoft:

Insider Preview [Windows 10] should work with the same devices and programs that work with Windows 8.1, but you might need to update or reinstall some of them.

Since KCBT2 seemingly worked fine with Windows 8, I feel like we should be ok. Especially if we’re dling the Beta after Windows 10 is installed.

I would guess it would work, when i bought Killing Floor 2 on Steam it didnt worked right out the box, untill i discovered that i had to make the EXE run as admin, could play with max settings running around 50FPS.
I actualy got Ether Vapor Remaster, Path of Exile, Guild Wars 2, The Crew, Hero Siege, Frederick Ressurrection of Music, Revolution Ace, Card hunter, Subspace Continuum, Ys VI - The Ark of Napishtim, Trove and an old Win95 date sim working without problems on my Win10 laptop.

@Synnie Not to worry we can always right click on the exe file, run as admin and backwards compatibility to Windows 7 or 8.1

Hope that helps :smile:

2 Likes

@Luffy Yeah I forgot that was even an option because I haven’t had to do that for so long now. Thanks for reminding me.

@LUFFY I am buying a new PC and it is comming with windows 10 right of the bat, so I can do this too? Run admin windows 7-8.1?? I don’t know how to do this…

To be honesty i didnt even needed to enable compatibility mode for ToS during beta, worked right out of the box. All the games i have installed since Win7 time worked fine on Win10, the only one i had to run as admin was KF2, other than that even an old Win95 game i have here work fine.

1 Like