Tree of Savior Forum

Cat with boots - A balance between Evasion and Damage fencer

personally Ied drop Esquive Toucher for Lunge.
Toucher is crap…
as well as dropping Vertical slash, it sounds like a good move on paper, but in actual testing its REALLY bad.
take this into consideration ESPECIALLY if your going for DMG

Im also unsure why everyone skips Bash, and Wagon wheel…
the AOE knockdowns are OP in pvp AND pve

this is my build.
going 1:2 STR/DEX with 1 CON every 7 levels

looks like u know what you’re doing. but why are u going high pelt high instead of high2 pelt or pelt high2? am i missing something?

i will consider dropping one point on my toucher and vs
wagon wheel might be good for knockdowns but do no scaling dmg. at most i say one point

i think i should point out here that all skills after putting one point on it, scales very bad. it doesnt increase by % but by a predetermined number, and mp costs go up too.
so especially circle 1 skills have no difference 1 point or 5 point when u are at lvl 280. except multihits like fireball and zaibas

I was thinking if i should or not skip bash xD
Maybe I’ll put just for the knock down.

Well, vertical slash isn’t that bad. it combos with skull swing and do more damage the more the enemy is debuffed (that’s what I understood).

Wagon wheel is my pain. I do think it can be useful. But i like so much the other skils… Also, do you think any player in PvP can be knocked up with just 1 point in wagon wheel? Or it can’t happen because it needs more levels?

Thanks!

I put on highlander on rank 2 because its easier to level in this part of the game imo.

if I put just one point on the skill, probably its just for the effect. Principally if the effect doesn’t go up with levels. An example is flanconnade, it says that raises block but idk how much… So I consider its the same through the levels.

Vertical slash gets good in the later points of the game maybe.
With:
skull swing -> lunge -> cross slash -> vertical slash.
On a world boss with 400-600 DEF, MIGHT get some high damage with lunge debuff doubling the dmg of vertical slash…
The way I understand it, vertical slash just adds the DEF of the enemy as dmg if they are under skull swing.
So the more DEF they have, the stronger it is…
But nothing under lvl 170 has more then 200 DEF…
Your damage variance is often more then 200 dmg between your min/max so It MIGHT only be getting low dmg because there’s not enough DEF to make a difference…

But this is just a theory, I’ve yet to extensively test it

1 Like

Actually no…
Looking over this more critically, vertical slash is actually worse then bad… It’s terri-bad… (Terrible and bad)

Think about it… It’s max base dmg is 635, so if it only adds the missing DEF as damage plus 100 damage per debuff.
On current end dame conteint it’s only going to be hitting 1335 DMG (with just skull swing debuff.)
That’s Just barely stronger then cross slash and A LOT weaker then Moulinet.

And even when we get to a point where enemies have 1000 DEF that’s only 1735, which is still not much stronger then Cross Slash and still weaker then Moulinet.

And at the point where enemies start to have 1500 DEF or even 2000 DEF, that’s going to be 2735, which is finally just barely stronger then Moulinet, but weaker then the rank 6-7 skills.
And at a point where enemies would have 2k DEF the rank 6-7 skills would likely have been long since out classed by stronger ranks anyways…

That makes it REALLY bad, because it scales poorly with a minuscule stat.
You COULD get it double dmg by using lunge first, but you would still achieve higher DPS using just about anything else.

no i mean your class build order is high pelt high
why dont u rush skyliner or rush SB?

It should really add x2 the Missing DEF as DMG, that would save it really.
On current end game enemies that’s adding about 800-1200 to its 635 base + 100 per debuff would make it really feel like a real c3 skill and it would scale MUCH better that way while not being OP.
It’s still not stronger then the rank 6+ skills or Moulinet for that matter, but it’s closer to them in DMG like a c3 skill should be.

Also adding 2x the lost DEF would make it a strong option on plate armor enemies which is something that Highlander struggles against.

It’s easier to lvl with Highlander in the early game vs paltasta.
Because of carter stroke which can singlehandedly carry you through most of the early game.

Your other options is to rush Highlander c3 and get paltasta afterwards but you want swashbuckling for dungeoning in the early stages unless you have a party with someone who went paltasta

Sw1-Pelt1-Barb3-Fencer2

and wear a shield.

What you think of a build like that?

I picked corsair for the utility in both pvp and pve, you think it can work or a build like yours will do better?
Oh, and what is better for fencer, plate or leather armor?

Pretty sure its leather. But in some cases you could prefer using plate or even cloth(for magical defense)

Choosing barbarian or highlander, imo, is just a matter of personal choice.
I like highlander. But both doesn’t increase your evasion. So its almost the same.

Highlander is better for bossing, and long DPS strings, but really has no utility to do anything but DPS.
Barb is better at mobbing, and dealing bursts of dmg, but has alot of down time.

However with the new 0 CD skyliner Highlander might be about as good at mobbing as Barb.

if your going to go that route i recommend dropping paltasta for c3 Highlander.
if you dont c3 it, theres almost no point in using it, if its bread and butter combo is going to have SUPER low dmg, but you ARE going to wish that you had Paltasta in this build over Corsair.
Other then that, another alternative is c1 paltasta and c2 Barb before Corsair, Barb is slightly better at mobbing. and Barb has 2 stuns that are good for pvp.
Still low dmg tho, with only a C2

Leather and cloth are absolutely useless

See Here:

Plate Mastery: Defense

3 pieces give +34 HP per level (+1700 at level 50) and Physical damage taken decreases by 5%
4 pieces give Stamina (+16 at level 50) and Physical damage taken decreases by an additional 10% (15% total)

Leather Mastery: Dexterity

3 pieces give +1 Evasion per level (+50 at level 50)
4 pieces give +0.5 extra Evasion per level (+75 total at level 50)
So a quick comparison at level 170 Plate vs Leather set using 5 pieces:

Plate: +180 Physical Defense, +2278 HP, +6 CON, +72 Accuracy, +72 Evasion, +37 Critical Resistance, +14 Ice Resistance, +38 Stamina, -15% physical damage taken

Leather: +55 Physical Defense, +3 CON, +91 Accuracy, +166 Evasion, +3 DEX, +35 Critical Attack, +8 Dark Resistance, +25 Stamina

No matter how you look at it, Plate gives the best stats all around for a Swordsman.

What about DEX builds, wouldn’t they want that extra evasion?

Not really. They are already building heavily into DEX (which gives Critical Rate, Evasion and Accuracy), and the amount of points they need to feel comfortable with their Critical Rate gives more than enough Evasion already.

The difference between Plate and Leather is only 94 Evasion, which isn’t gonna do much when you are already dodging as much as you can with your DEX alone.

No one has done extensive research on how Evasion works in the game yet, but there is definitely a soft cap as it is impossible to dodge 100% of the attacks.
I would only go leather on something that needs to dodge like maybe a Barbarian build that didn’t go Fencer or Dopple.
And even still, a build like that is skating on thin ice, because Corsair’s DWA takes stamina to use and plate gives more stamina.

As it stands just about EVERY swordie build benefits from Plate over Leather.

2 Likes

Oh, it helped me A LOT, thanks very much. I was really in doubt with barbarian or highlander C2 but took highlander since I heard a lot about the cross cut/skyliner spam combo. But if u say that its gonna be weak if i dont go for C3 I will go for barbarian and I think ill be ok with the damage of flanconade (slash spam instead of skyliner) + barb buffs right?

Should i invest more points in flanconnade for more damage?

I think im going for something like what you said, with dex/str 2:1 and a few con + plate armor

Np, and they are both going to be weak at C2 its just Barb gives alittle more utility is all.

Not if you C2 Fencer, if you C2 Fencer then Attaque Composee will be your main spam tool.

Another alter alternative would be this:

2 DEX, 1 STR, and 1 CON every 7 levels is about what Im doing.
You can probably stop stacking CON around the time you reach about 55 or so CON.
and yes Plate Armor is VERY viable

Ok, thanks again! I think I have all the information i need now, just have to think and decide wich build will fit me better

1 Like

Hmm, indeed, the armor break part is true. but what about this part:

“An additional bonus damage will be applied depending on the amount of harmful effect that have been applied to the enemy.”

I wish I could know how much it increases for each harmful effect. So I can say how much it scale.

EDIT: Found out. [quote="_Noah, post:13, topic:143509"]
the bonus damage is static (+200-300 per debuff or so)
[/quote]

1 Like

i was told it was +100 dmg
either way its still bad in its current state