Tree of Savior Forum

Character Customization! & [Cosmetic Cash Shop]

Character customization has been brought up many times on the forums but I really wanted to make my own thread focused more towards my personal character customization suggestions for in-game & cash shop – with images added to help illustrate what I’m hoping to find.

After playing the beta I couldn’t help but notice that a lot of npc’s have special and unique eyes/eye colors, hairstyles/hair colors, & costumes. I tried my best to take screenshots of the ones I liked most as I came across them, because it’s my hope that the iCoin shop will feature unique paid cash shop cosmetics that can give you the ability to further customize your character while also supporting the game.

(I know there will be in-game unlockable eye colors/hair colors, and that should stay & be expanded upon – but many npc’s definitely had uniquely shaped eyes/hair that didn’t look jarring and could add diversity in the playerbase while adding a healthy way to support the game!)

Without further ado, here are my favorite examples.

^ Companion Trader actually has one of my favorite costume designs in the game & I hope for there to be a class similar to her some day.

(I get that some of these ex. might be too complicated to animate properly, but they’re only examples… !)

Next up, skin colors! Now this is something I actually believe should be some kind of option at game start to be most respectful. At least an option of three skin palettes: Dark, Tan, Light. (Not those exact words, but you know what I mean.)

I think beyond those 3 starting skin palettes you could offer a slightly wider variety of special skin palettes in the cosmetic iCoin shop. Something like a warmer blushed tan called ‘sun kissed’ or an extra pale skin palette. Think something along the lines of 라테일 (LaTale) 's cosmetic system.

Lastly, aside from non-class related costumes which I do hope make it into the game, the ToS npcs made me wonder if there could be alternate versions of all the classes costumes – Either attained through iCoin or, more interestingly, by moving into a further circle of your class.

^For example, Instead of Druid c3 looking like Druid c1, perhaps it could unlock access to the Druid Master’s version.

(Also these two are almost a good example for my skin palette request since the one on the right looks more pale than the left. The left has blush… I hope you guys give us blush.)

In closing, playing the game got me really excited for the future of ToS and my characters in them & I hope to see the playerbase get access to some of these things.

Addendum

• Emotes. (I think I may have actually found one in icbt as a book that I consumed but I never saw it in f8.)
  • Voice Sets: young, mature, sultry, shy, etc.
  • Hats! (I’d mostly like these to stay as earned in-game items/drops but wouldn’t mind a few in shop.)
  • Cosmetic Pets, with no other benefits than looking nice.
  • Alternate versions of skill effects.
67 Likes

I feel bad because the forums went down as I was writing this… & now that they’re back up I see even more posts on this topic. On top of that I am rushing out the door to the airport right now!!

I’ll come back & flesh this out more later on though. Please feel free to leave your ideas with examples that I might be able to add to the original post.

5 Likes

I expect this was planned, to some degree.
(the choice to limit our options for the cash shop)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote=“yeule, post:1, topic:36859”]
For example, Instead of Druid c3 looking like Druid c1, perhaps it could unlock access to the Druid Master’s version
[/quote]This is something I hope to see too. Otherwise, should you decide to advance a circle of the same class, you’re missing out on a costume compared to people who switch to another class.

1 Like

Omg the first one <3

Something like a progressing appearance would be nice ex: rank 2 cleric would get a costume for nicer less ratty robes or a extra rank in pally gives another costume for a more decorative armor.

1 Like

I figured as much myself, but still wanted bring it up with some examples just in case. lol
I’d hate to assume things and then not see any cash shop features like this at all!

Yea, I thought it’d be a neat idea. It could add another layer of incentive to staying the same class.

@thebloodyaugust I think your reply may have been meant for soukyuu, I think what cozx774 is describing is being able to turn off costumes and having armor sets have their own separate visuals. – Which I’m not against, but would probably take too much work. @_@; haha.

I think cozx774 meant that he wanted them to be naked.

1 Like

Your right swing and miss on my part lol.

Cash shop is a bad idea… Now they could have a system set up where you pay and you can change your features. I just am against the whole idea of buying coins or anything like that… straight offer a service and that’s it… All customization should be through gear that you achieve in game.

damn! 2nd pics are sooo hot. :heart_eyes:

I hope they add these to the cash shop

http://cdn.totallycostumes.com/images/eh-0908-kids-pikachu-ears-tail-kit_300P_400_RU-5453.jpg

would totally buy

9 Likes

If they don’t cash shop they will have to go P2P which i personally don’t mind but it might hurt the player base size.

If they bring out some heavily armored designs, I’m in.

I like this the more ways to look different the better :smile:

I love your idea with the customization!!!

I think that you should be able to buy other class’s costumes in the cash shop.
Then again, this is just my idea.

Ah, no, I don’t think that’s a good idea. The costume is part of your character’s class identity, and just being able to wear a costume of another class is going to kill it.

1 Like