Tree of Savior Forum

Cash players in the view of IMC

After you saw the above pictures, do you think of:

• White Battlebird is glorious as fk?

• Cheap bargain sales!!!

Here is the truth slap to your face:

As “MapoThePriest” said, feeding battlebird animation is buggy.

“[Companion] Battlebird’s movement” topic have a demo video.Watch and JUDGE it yourself. It will defer from person to person.
General idea is that Battlebird will cause FPS loss and anyone with low ping will feel screen jerking or dizzy. Take this advice with a grain of salt.

Anyone who likes to zoom in really near(like me) will see bits particles, same case with penguin’s eyes. Why it look like square LEGO eyes?!!! :sob:
At least penguin make farting sounds when walking. It’s funny sometimes.
But NO, Battlebird is MUTE! It doesn’t not chirp when hopping… I don’t know IMC is going to hotfix it or it is intended.

Giving a 200TP discount from 448TP. Aren’t IMC quoting the price up too much??? 448TP can fully beautify a character(Hair garment,Headgear,Lense and clothes set)

I will withdraw this statement as it include pet food. Misunderstood it because i don’t feed my pet, it die too easily. More useful as an aggro pet.

UPDATE: Bird food found in wild.

For those who bought or still going to buy, here is the bonus stats:
Battlebird Bonus: 115 SP regen and 85 HP regen

Penguin Bonus: 30pdmf and 30 mdef
(The above will apply by just summoning it)

For mounting pet, here is the basic pet bonus:
(May or may not apply to cash pets)
While the companion has stamina:

• 25% of the Hoglan’s max HP is added to your max HP
  • 10% of the Hoglan’s Physical Defense is added to your Physical Defense
  • 8% of the Hoglan’s Evasion is added to your Evasion
    (If the Hoglan has 0 stamina, then no stats will be added)

OP Conclusion:
I am going to skip this pet till IMC really release better pets living up to the expectation of advertising picture.

Disclaimer:

This is NOT a criticise topic but a reminder to IMC that we as players are not cash cows or whales. We only buy because we feel it is worth it but NOT till a point of using dirty scheme. The disappointment is real…

Credits and References goes to:

https://treeofsavior.com/

10 Likes

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

1 Like

The IMC defense force operates 24/7, OP.

3 Likes

Eh how come my name is used to endorse this? lol O.O

I didn’t say anything about the bird causing FPS loss…comments are from my side are generally the vertical movement patterns of the bird is giving me a slight nauseating feeling. Be it on 60fps or 6fps.

Disclaimer:
Every player has different tolerances to the amount of movement of the screen. The battlebird animation might feel smooth and slick to others but a few players might feel the visual stimuli of its vertical movement a bit too stimulating for their health. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nothing much to worry about. If too stressed about it, be like me, just don’t ride it for extensive periods of time. :3

Edit:
The battlebird is still a good pet. HP recovery +85 !!! Adds +170 extra healz per heal tile for our lovely paladins.

6 Likes

i waiting for better pet for me too…

##Just a note:

That TP “discount” is for the bird AND the food.

295 + (3*50)=448

There were issues with the penguin too (still are if you’re a controller user) when it first came out as well. I hope they get this stuff fixed soon as companions are rather expensive overall (character slot, pet cost, food cost over time).

2 Likes

@MayMay Are you butthurt or something? If there is no IMC, there will be no ToS. Don’t talk to me if you are a rage quitter.THE END.

@Nekorin I sure i didn’t state you said,no? I just use your video to my convenience to prove FPS loss so putting a credit and reference is good. FPS loss may not be a big thing to you(i think you main cleric?) but a serious problem for swordsman.

@Rabbit Thank you for pointing it out. I have change my statement :slight_smile:

@DrRM How does that context relate here? :sweat:
When Martin Luther King Jr. said this it was in the
context of explaining the rationalization of the enslavement,
mistreatment, and vilification of African Americans by the white
community.
Yahoo said Sincerely ignorant people are uneducated, unaware, or uninformed. But they truly believe they are right. Conscientiously stupid people are aware of their lack of knowledge, or know they are wrong, but do nothing to change.
EDIT: I found a great context from Caledonia Patch. “To be ignorant of one’s ignorance is the malady of the ignorant.”

I didn’t prove that Battlebird will cause FPS loss. FPS loss is when a player enters or is near a place with lots of players? :confused:

Thanks for the reference :3

2 Likes

I do love riding my Valiant Battle Chicken into battles. (The controller bugs do suck though lol)

Sorry, i was referring your video. I will change it to prevent future misunderstanding. FPS loss usually caused by too many data rendering in the screen which leads to ping speed.

Battlebird is fine for me. Looks like picture. You dont have to feed it. Not jerky or anything for me while riding. I actually like that it doesnt make noises since i think itd get annoying.

Its pretty much just cosmetic to me. Get it if you want. Not sure what you mean by scheme.

I actually wish there was no bonuses though. The penguin gives the same amount of defense as 3 lvl 10 blue gems on feet and 3 lvl 10 yellow gems on body. This is starting to become p2w especially since you dont need the pet out. Pretty much just buying bonuses now. And f2p players cannot get this.

Incoming pet powercreep with 300 crit rate and 400 crit attack. Week later a better one will be out and my wallet will be empty. J/K ill quit long before that.

2 Likes

guess what, i wont spend even a single penny till they fix that fps issue

1 Like

Then expect to never pay a dime. Because it’s not going to happen. Minor tweaks sure. Again I’ll post this here as I did in the other thread.

I bought the bird, but I didn’t get the in game title from it: the True Savior of the Rotten Tree.:palm_tree:

1 Like

One thing I’d like to see added to the companions though is emotes. Maybe tricks or something? That would be a good addition. Have them be different on each companion.

1 Like

Using sweetfx and zoomy addon, bits particles will look very obvious to me and i like to zoom in alot. Cata and SR need feed it. Unless one put heavy investment or lvl it till high lvl, it is more useful as aggro pet and no need to feed it, it can die easily.
Fun fact: unmount pet with no stamina move slowly.

If penguin is making sound, people will expect next pet will have sound as well. It has become a feature of pet.

Small and unimportant bonus won’t be a P2W element. Def/Mag Def don’t mean a thing in end-game. Only CON and CC can save your ass.
I will give you an example of P2W:
In Dragon Nest, every item enchant pass +6 will have a chance to break and (poof) it is gone forever. Every player need to buy cash item(item protection jelly) to insurance your item. It DID sold in market but at ridiculous high price. Raid which reward legend item’s materials are normally only possible to cleared by parties filled with +15equips. Hardcore mode dungeon which reward epic items create a requirement too. Parties will require you to overenchant(+10 to +15) rare equips or epic equips(contradict with the reason you in the dungeon). THIS is the invisible barrier of P2W unless free players resort to paying cash.

EDIT: Emotes of pet is linked with players when mounting. No tricks and a good addition. Different companion with same emote look differently count?

@scarethemonkeys Isn’t that thread pretty outdated? The last date is Apr20. IMC release notice about this in May30.

they are not p2w lol
30 def when monsters hit for 2500.

It is outdated but shows why the fps will never change.

I don’t understand… The reliability of info source from a developer and programmer players vastly differ. That thread only show them testing and making hypothesis. After that, IMC has release a news(link in above) explain the reasons. I can’t fully understand it but somehow can know IMC is using draw calls and not optimise on CPU and GPU usage.

I remember when IMC addressed the issue. It was the last time we heard about it. There’s a lot of reasons why ToS runs like garbage on even high end computers, and I doubt it’s just one little issue. It’s been said; and I know friends who upgraded their CPU and got quite a bit of boost in FPS. With that said; one of the major issues with ToS is it not utilizing the GPU and relying on only 1 core. My response was to the guy above spouting he would never purchase anything as long as the FPS issues remained.

Long Story short; It won’t change.