Tree of Savior Forum

Cannonner build?

Which are the PvE rank combinations for Cannonneers?

archer 2 hunter 3 appraiser 1 cannoneer 2 growl is really good with cannoneer skills and kneeling shot

appraiser buffs cannons

Archer archer 3 wugushi 3 cannoneer 2

(you can still go full dex on this one until they change stats cuz its just like max 750 extra dmg per tick on poisons if you would go full str)

these are the two who i would recommend the first one is also insane for pvp

tell me if you need a specific skill tree

Appraiser buffs cannons?

the cannon are offhand weapons as far as i know appraiser can buff them

Overestimate
Increases the enhancement of your shield and sub-weapon, as well as that of nearby allies, according to the skill level.

Cool, and why hunter/wugushi?

wugushi mainly because of throw gu pot and the insect skill you can combine both with shotdown from cannoneer wich has an aoe attack ratio of + 5 so you can push flying mobs into the ground effect giving you insane aoe damage also wugushi gives you good single target damage wich is lacking on cannoneer

Hunter 3 is good for pve because rush dog has 5 seconds cd and a high stun chance making it easy to level up using this skill alone

snatching and the other hold skills are good for obvious reasons
(also allows you to do good pvp)

growl keep enemys from approaching you and the main reason why hunter is good it lets you just sit down with kneeling shot or bazooka and chill while your pet protects you

Hu3 is mainly for [growling] but as I found out for myself, too many mobs are actually immune to [growling]. We don’t know how many mobs will remain this way in the new system. This is my current build in itos and I have to recommend against this.

Cannons are different. I can only confirm my observations. Unlike other off-hands it doesn’t have an AA. Increases in 2ndary atk don’t “seem” to affect it, while primary atk seems to. If someone in ktos can confirm/deny this that would be great.

This is pretty solid with data in itos already.

I would like to add in my recommendation as well: A1-Qs3-Ro-x-Ca2.

Qs3 is for [running shot] + [bazooka]. The damage stacks (and the atk spd bonus will apply to [bazooka] in the combat change). For some perspective this discusses [running shot] + [bazooka] AA doing ~45k damage vs [cannon shot] doing ~44k every 5sec.

“x” can be either Sc1 for sneaky [cloaking] or A2 for more crit or appraiser or Ro2 for 100% uptime on [sneak hit].

Ro1 (and Ro2 if you decide to go there) is mostly in anticipation for the crit rate change. It will let you maintain our current ~90 to ~100% crit rate. If you go mostly DEX you can use [feint] to increase your chances of hitting even with less accuracy.

What do you think, then? Go Rogue 2 for the on back 80% plus crit rate or archer 2 for AS+Crit from kneeling shot?

Is this confirmed? I’ve read somewhere that all % crit rate skills will become flat bonuses. Not sure if rogue is included butI’ve also read somewhere that they’re going to nerf sneak hit.

@core.harchi
[bazooka] is still 50%. That means you are basically critting even on white damage because you are doing 150% damage anyway while in [bazooka]. [kneeling shot] gives you more c.rate for cannon skills but [bazooka] straight up gives you 50% more damage already. I think that’s something IMC forgot about.

@tonyostark
Theoretically, yes.

They pretty much say you need around ~700 c.rate to reach 50% crit (soft cap) so add 40% from lv5 [sneak hit] or 50% from lv10 and you are set. Excatly WHERE you get ~700 c.rate without DEX will be the challenge.

They already have it over in ktos so those with rogues can test since they would generally have the gear to test with anyway instead of npc stuff over in ktest.

Rogue is being strongly nerfed with the latest combat changes in ktos. Assuming you get to naturally hit an enemy/player once every four hits from the back, and considering you also have 5 lvl 10 werewolf cards equipped, all the critical chance you can get from rogue’s sneak hit is:

• Rogue 1: 40% · (1/4 (back) + 3/4 (front) · 50% (werewolf)) · 50/70 (uptime) = 18%
  • Rogue 2: 50% · (1/4 (back) + 3/4 (front) · 50% (werewolf)) = 31%

This is, you invest two ranks and 5 card slots to just get 31% critical chance. Archer 2 is not in a better spot. In considering you get 400 base critical rate from equipment and gems, swift step buff would barely add:

• Archer 2: (400 (base) + 150 (swift step))^ 0.6 - (400 (base))^ 0.6 = 8%

Overall, archer builds aiming for critical chance will receive strong nerfs with the new combat system. To me, if rogue doesn’t receive any buffs, the path of rogue as a filler rank to boost critical chance is no longer viable, unless you are specifically looking for a world bossing build. Going for appraiser is a much better option.

Wait, thats a pretty big hit, from 80% to 30%?
Also, i am looking to play only PvE.

Why Appraiser? I thought the offhand buff didnt work with cannon, what makes that class good then? Is better to go appraiser and lose (even if its less) 31% crit?

The appraiser is there “if you want it”. There are other skills to appraiser other than the off-hand buff.

You don’t go rogue half way. You go rogue knowing you have to use all 8 (10 when we get 10) card slots for werewolf cards. You need over 900 c.rate for 50% crit and over 2000 c.rate for 100% crit. 10 werewolf cards + lv10 [sneak hit] covers the 1100 c.rate for 50-100% crit that you realistically can’t get otherwise.

Alternatively, you can go Archer 2 > Quarrel Shooter 3 > Appraiser > Cannoneer 2.

archer3>wugu3>cannon

stack poison > kneeling shot/bazooka

quarrel shooter3>archer2>filler>cannon

running shot bazooka

Wait, thats a pretty big hit, from 80% to 30%?

Indeed, with rogue 2 you currently get about 20% critical chance plus an additional 6% per werewolf card. After new combat changes you will get 12.5% critical chance plus an additional 3.75% per werewolf card. So yep, that’s a big nerf.

Why Appraiser? I thought the offhand buff didnt work with cannon, what makes that class good then?

Offhand buff does affect cannon attack.

Damage of cannoneer skills is based on cannon attack. In the current version of the game, the additional damage you get by enhancing your cannon is hardly noticeable, because most of the attack of cannoneer skills comes from fixed ability damage rather than from weapon damage.

When combat changes arrive to iTOS, this will no longer be the case. Ability damage will be based entirely on a multiplier of your physical attack. This means, any buff you get to your cannon attack will have a much higher impact on the final damage of your abilities.

You don’t go rogue half way. You go rogue knowing you have to use all 8 (10 when we get 10) card slots for werewolf cards. You need over 900 c.rate for 50% crit and over 2000 c.rate for 100% crit. 10 werewolf cards + lv10 [sneak hit] covers the 1100 c.rate for 50-100% crit that you realistically can’t get otherwise.

Well, the thing is to evaluate if getting werewolf cards will be worth more than equipping glass mole cards. For rogue 2, each additional werewolf card allows you to sum 3.75% critical chance. That translates into roughly 1.9% more damage per werewolf card. (Prior to the combat changes it used to be +3% damage per werewolf card)

If instead of using werewolf cards you equip glass mole cards, you would get 10% · 4s/15s (uptime) = 2.7% more damage per glass mole card. So in this case, going for 100% critical rate from werewolf cards becomes less effective than equipping lvl10 glass mole cards.

I myself am not a fan of glass mole cards because of the low uptime (4s). But it becomes apparent that rogue and werewolf cards will no longer be that great of a choice with the new combat changes.