Tree of Savior Forum

Can we change the rerolling system for random stat equipment?

The problem here isn’t about whether or not people want to invest the time. It’s about how fundamentally unrewarding the system is. You can spend the time, money, or effort to get 20 magnifiers or 3k sierra powder and there’s no guarantee anything good will come of it. And after you’ve wasted all those magnifiers and sierra powder, there’s no guarantee that the next batch of magnifiers and sierra powder will be any better. The game doesn’t care that you’d already wasted so many resources and that you plan on wasting so many more.

5 Likes

Crying? Not for myself. I already have Rykuma, 2-3 green stat maxed out savinose set and ignas ichors ready. Do I think I deserve it? I don’t. I’d rather work hard for it than getting lucky.

See:

1 Like

The range on the stats is too wide and there are just too many completely worthless stats in the pool.

Why would int be on a musket?
Why can I roll 15 looting chance on 400 gear?
Why can’t all the property damage rolls be consolidated because they do basically the same thing? We’re falsely inflating red stats into 2 useful ones and 10 worthless ones.

Some stats of course will be useful for niche builds, but for the things I mentioned above there is no reason for these to exist other than to reduce the chances of a successful roll. I’m not even asking for the ability to save a stat, I think that would be super OP. I just want the system to be cleaner.

The ‘useful ones’ in red don’t even roll high on armor. I think I have yet to see a physical attack roll over 100 on my Savinose after too many magnifiers and re-identifications. Meanwhile that purple line I didn’t get could be 50 block, 1500 HP, 50 accuracy, 50 block pen, or… 25 sp recovery (effectively nothing).

1 Like

Frankly at this point I don’t care about the random stats on Savinose… On a weapon, the extra attack you get is good enough to justify upgrading, even if the only thing you get is +10 fart resistance. And for armor it’s the set bonus that counts no?

1 Like

At this point, sure. However:

We’re a couple months away from a very different gearing system.

Bumpity bump bump…

why frustrate? end game is costume bro, never get old if u have rare costume, equipment will update someday

Bump, something needs to be done.
Checked out the game since last update, guess who spent 60m of sierra again to get the opposite stats of what I wanted.

The fact that ichor transmutation needs 1k sierra doesn’t help either, especially considering the prices of sierra on deadimian now, 30k ea when it used to be 8k ea.

Help :tired:

2 Likes

Here comes a newest victim! Spent 50% of my saving just to reidentify to something lower than first identify result. Gambling addiction isnt good