Tree of Savior Forum

Can Staff please comment on plans for PVP?

You need t10 endgame +40 armor and weapon, 5000 CON, 9999 hours in tos, 500 matches in Gem feud played, to be allowed to access and comment on TBL.

Normalised gear will make balancing easier, and pvp as a general more accessible. Otherwise its gonna be the same 6 people if they can even muster enough people for 1 match every week on the rankings.

9 Likes

Fix Blindfaith/Smash bullet no damage reduction(True Damage)
Druid Telepath anyone can damage(include teammates,the skill should make the target be your teammate
Retiarius Reflect 100% missile damage is stupid/Blandir cadena remove knock down of this ■■■■/remove silence from pull rete
Sage dimension compression stupid range
Magnetic force no counter play/no way to escape instead anti debuffs from oracle/pd
Earthquake 3 charges/10 sec in the air
Psicokino don’t have any delay on teleportation,low cd
nerf on subzero shield did not come to itos(impossible to any sword hit wizards,this skills simply delete all swordman tree

1 Like

Kino’s teleportation delay is after the teleport, before that the delay was so stupid that people could get you before you use the skill (I would prefer jump around than use the skill to scape), they should remove the delay from Blink too like they did to teleportation.
I think the nerf from subzero is already applied, you still get freezed but the reflected damage isn’t 100% damage received so you wont get killed by attacking someone with subzero shield like before.

Onmyoji skill are TOO large for the TBL map,. is ridiculous -_-

Agreed. I posted quite a bit in my last few GTW threads which were more targeted for general PVP balance, but I think you should perhaps do a survey and not just a forum thread to encourage PVP feedback. I say this because there are many specific opinions, and threads will very easily get derailed with back and forth on how people agree (or disagree, usually) on what changes to make and what to prioritize. As you can see that’s already started happening here.
:tired:

2 Likes

Some people may argue that standardized gear demotivates the players that dedicated hundred hours of gameplay on their PvP gear, but unless IMC changed their idea, it would work like this:

Not considered in PvP:

• Enhancement level
  • Transcendence level

Considered in PvP:

• Base values (yay for players with Velcoffer set)
  • Set effects (like Mergaite, Kraujas, Gyvenimas and Solmiki)
  • Sub-stats (yay for players with Ichor’d Velcoffer set)
  • Awakening effects
  • Enchant jewel effects

If you think a bit, you’ll understand what my point is.

9 Likes

Hello, I’ve got some suggestion I have thought for quite sometime, played since beta too.

For pvp:

Normilize gear stats BUT effects should be kept, this could lead to interesting gear choices such as using durandal for a build, or the bokor hammer that hits hard with bokor skills? who knows.

An alternative to this could be a pvp gear earned from pvping and with an enchantment cap and trans, which in the end is the same as now but with capped stats so all players can have the same with some work.

Balance the CC of some classe, (I’m retiarius feels just too strong and is my most loved class in any game I have played and trust me I have played ALOT). My target classes would be retiarius, sage, psychokino, corsair(mayb not). Not sure what else this patch.

Make stats such as str and dex more meaningful to invest to instead of con, same for casters’ Int
so con can’t be the core of every pvp stat build, mayb make some bonues of dmg% every few points in stats?
or mayb have a block chance cap of 30% max vs X block pen value, same for evasion to be fair but 40% since it doesn’t add HP.

For class balances, I’ve been feeling for ages that swordmen tree lacks ALOT compared to other low tier classes with the esception of peltasta now which i think went in the right direction but it means peltasta is just too good compared to any other choice.

Highlander: the two handed sword block should be an attribute for weapon C block just like peltasta’s C shield, I’ve always imagine Cartar Stroke as a long range sonic wave that shatters the floor till it’s target and mayb knocks them down (or just let me feel ALOT of power after casting it for so long), wagon wheel could use better range to justify adding points on it for pvp.

Swordman: Gungho could be the offensive version of peltasta’s guardian, mayb 10% or 20% or w/e % you see balanced in attack buff and a c3 attribute that gives it addional % dmg like guardians defense reduction, concentration AS THE NAME says lets you hit your target without missing regardless the evasion, cooldown increases when this attribute is used, mayb every few hits with conc procs a bigger hit and this hit scales with dex, Thrust could be an auto attack alternative that has HIGH chance of proccing twice in one hit, restrain could be a stacking debuff that slows you with each stack, reaching max stacks stuns you for 4 seconds or something and this effect has 30 second cd on the target that receives it, pommel beat could use a change not sure what to say about it haha.

Barbarian: Warcry should give a better utility, mayb give the buff to the party too when is used (you know… A WARCRY) should lower the defense for alot highter than 10%, mayb 20? 30?, Embowel: Dash to a location, if you hit an enemy you stun him for a brief duration then knock him back, if the knocked back enemy hits a wall he gets an additional stun, if it hits an enemy, both enemies will be knocked back, stomp kick should be able to be casted from the floor: the character jumps instantly a few meters in fron to stun whoever gets hit in the fall (mayb snare), Seism: Hit the floor once to hit the floor, if you stop hitting the button you will cancel the skill, repeated tab will result in dmg and mini knockups, ending in a massive knockup in the end, the mini knockups could also slow? not sure if too much.

Hoplite: spear throw could use an animation speed up, change the evasion attribute for stab from evasion to block, change the int attribute from finestra from int to STR (PLEASE).

Rodelero: most of the animations lock you for too long, that it for this one.

Squire: arrest never worked on bosses even though it says it should,
just by doing this you could see potential tank builds with this class in my opinion.

Doppelsoeldner: just make deeds of valor a more significant buff to use, right now is pointless to even put points on it in my opinion.

Shinobi: As the name says this class should be a very agile, mobile and swifty class, right now though it is a pretty static class, just stand there and cast for 5 seconds your clones and spam your skills, give it more mobility, make bushin no jutsu a lvl 1 skill just like murmillo and tone it down a bit or something (but make it instant please, keep it a fast gameplay class) make the jutsus faster animations, katon and mijin lock you up for so long, mokuton has the weirdest animation i have ever seen and never hits(please add a log in the animation?) and this one is just cuz i’m such a weeb: GIVE ME EXPLOSIVE KUNAIS ATTRIBUTES, thanks :smile:

Murmillo: VERY LOOOOOOOONG animations, that’s about it for this class, i really love murmillo but the animations make is so unfun for me i don’t play it anymore.

Lancer: this class is strong but the hit boxes aside from r10 skill are so small (IT HAS A HUGE LANCE COME ON!). This one is not a rework but, a visual on the skills would be nice, the skill animations are very dull.

Nak muay: give it some attributes, please, or mayb a combo system that stacks up your dmg like frenzy.

Thanks to whoever read till the end, if you liked my comment ill comment on other trees as well!

4 Likes

Agree on all points minus Lancer - Lancer is in a good place at the moment and they have plenty of mobility so the range isn’t much of an issue.

2 Likes

IMC can just put standardized gear on TBL and leave other pvp’s whitoud it.
Koreans hate standardized gear, trust me.

For me the main point is just Block.
Block is way to op.

And Sw/arc tree need something against all the CCs.

Cap blockrate on a maximum rate lets say 50% is the highest possible blockrate.
Since you cant block with 2h weapons give them a high bonus Block pen.
How can a physical weak wiz/Cleric Block a gigantic 2-h sword/mace easy with 1 hand? wtf

And why the hell can we get 3 gems for blockrate but only 1 for block pen?

Another thing is Ar/sw tree are very limited in build options with all the weapon restrictions.
Wiz dont have that and can get everything in one build …

4 Likes

Great point. This means that if there are 2 people in PVP

• one is 100% block
  • other is 100% block pen

All other factors aside, the one stacking block will always come out on top of the one stacking block pen because of 3 blue gems in their shield, and the other only gets 1 yellow gem in their gloves.

Also, the one stacking block is max CON so they get full HP, whereas the one stacking block pen is max DEX so they get…crit attack (the most useless stat in the game by a large margin)

The disparity is clear.

2 Likes

This is why I suggested including gear stats but at a significantly reduced rate. Currently, 100% of your enhancement and Transcendence values apply in PvP. There’s just no way to balance that when players can enhance their gear into infinity.

Pairing that value down to something like 1% for every 1000 points of a particular stat (I know I said 100 in my original comment) would still give players credit for maxing out their gear without locking more casual players out of PvP altogether.

Doesn’t look like we’ll get a unique thread so I guess I’ll just post my suggestions here.

1.) Normalized gear to a point. There should be a reward for gearing your character and spending time to do so. The problem is, many of the upgrades to gear simply scale too well with damage.

2.) Damage immunities vs. the one shot game. PVP right now is literally “you are immune to damage, all CCs, or you are dead.” Duration reduction to these skills can help, but things like hit limits would help more. This is one of the biggest issues in PVP in all of its forms.

3.) Diminishing Returns favor some classes over others. Classes like hunter suffer too much when all their skills share the same DR even within that one class–whereas other classes suffer little to not at all.

4.) Con scales too well compared to other stats, because damage is so heavily reliant on weapon. This makes the block meta too strong outside the small number of classes which can automatically gain block pen or ignore block completely (lancer/musketeer come to mind). Block as a whole needs to be rebalanced and reconsidered. And, odd nitpick but pdef and mdef have odd scaling as far as things like awakenings, regular gems, and headgear enchants go. Certain stat gems were never reworked after the combat changes, leaving many of these options the absolutely wrong choice in all cases.

5.) Odd imbalances between skills that do the same thing. For example, methadone still has tons of drawbacks despite being a circle 9 skill, whereas other classes get the same utility with no drawback.

6.) Extremely unique utility locked behind a single class. Disenchant is the worst offender of this, being absolutely unique, interesting, and a great way to counter many of the other buff issues this game has, yet no other class in the game has something even close. I’m not saying that every class, particularly high damage classes, needs a high level of utility to perform. But if you are a damage class, and have no way to deal damage 99% of the time, PVP is not fun 99% of the time.

7.) Consistency of PVP rules across all PVP formats. TBL, GTW, and Gemstone Feud should all follow the same rules.

8.) Break addons that give an advantage. Like radar, which allows you to see cloaked targets.

9.) Allow bigger zoom range for all PVP types, not just GTW.

10.) Do a separate rank bracket for TBL (or even Gemstone Feud) that allows for pre-made groups, rather than randomized ones. Foster a meta, which allows you to make smarter balance changes long-term, rather than trying to fix balance based around how something is broken in PVE content.

11.) Encourage PVP with better rewards. Not necessarily TP–but you just added those new Popo Points and other things which don’t break the economy and encourage cheating. 11a.) Actually ban people who cheat.

12.) General bug fixes, as others have mentioned. Certain skills do not have PVP damage reduction such as smash bullet.

13.) Fix the ranking system and limit the amount of games played weekly that count toward ranking. This is one of the most important, but the current system rewards participation over success (and the times are still not primetime on Klaipeda), so if you cannot participate every single day for at least an hour or two, you have no chance of ranking even if you win every game.

Most other MMOs with arena-based PVP take, let’s say, the first 10 games you do in a week. You can continue to participate after that, but your MMR won’t change anymore after those 10 games. You could also implement this but with additional features. Let’s say the first 10 games count the most, but every game after that rewards half as much MMR. After 20 games, every game rewards almost no points.

And most importantly, a feature of MMR is that if you are at the bottom, and you beat someone at the top, you get far more points than if you beat someone at your level–and the inverse is also true if you are at the top and lose to someone far below you. You should lose far more points. This currently does not happen in TOS, but would be a serious improvement.

14.) Punish players who disconnect from matches, either by preventing them from queuing again, or cause them to take a hit to their ranking.

6 Likes

It could help to disable some overpowered skills for TBL, GTW or a planned PvP room. Or to highly nerf them.

well seems the discussion fire is up and going. I think it is also this could be a good chance for me to gather up the general impression of current PVP status. but while the discussion is on going on here, I also thinking I could research on basic data. Job ratio, etc etcs…

1 Like

i think at this point we can all agree that Retiarius C3 is way too OP beyond acceptable,
It’s a broken class and is truly a counter to everything.

1. Pull Rete was fine until IMC decided to overbuff it with Silence attribute and reduces CD to 25s at any level.
    The slience debuff is what makes this skill disgustingly OP, since there’s no way to counter it at all.
    Once you got pulled = you’re dead. High evasion char? -100% evasion , high block char? Disarm
    Disgusting.
    Solution : Remove the Silence attribute.
  2. Vital Protection. Again, this one IMC overbuffed it with the Immune Critical Damage. it was already fine with +x flat Critical Resist since the main point of this skill is the revive. Disgusting but still was acceptable.
    but now, it renders all Critical Atk-Type character useless by this single skill. and to top it off, the skill downtime is only 20s.
    you know, to make a Critical Atk-Type character works you need to sacrifice alot of Physical Atk to get decent amount of Critical Rate (Green gem instead of Red gem). That means the white damage(non-cri) will be weak.
    To make everything they worked for useless like that by 1 skill, it’s just too much.
    Solution : Revert it back to +x Critical Resist or shortend the duration / extend the CD by alot. We talking something like 10s duration or 120s CD.

These 2 points are just my biggest issues with the class right now. Retiarius itself can already go full con with Disarm and Rete skills, and they can do tons of damage by their combo alone. They don’t need these OP utilities at all.

2 Likes

Recently learned thanks to bros at the swordie forum that you can counter the silence with Shadowgaler Cards, which will give you 60% silence resist if you use 3x 10*, and since it is a purple card it won’t affect your offense/defense all that much.

i’ve already tried it but then i had no luck resisting it(got silenced 6-7 out of 10 times roughly)
so, i thought that it was the Pain Barrier that resisted it or just randomly resisted.
it might actually be because of my bad luck but all it take for them to kill is just 1 silence.
atleast it’s good to know that the card actually works, i guess.

I hope you mean Druid is broken as in half it’s skills don’t work.

The vines are strong sure, but it’s basically all that’s left after they disabled grass skills and ■■■■ on transform. CC in general is strong and the easier is it to land the stronger it is.

Make most of the Physical attack builds actually work (with the exception of some buff reliant pvp champs like Reitarius, Lancer, Matador, Rogue, Pied Piper).

I do know that the Popolion post indicated that there would be a revamp in Dodge/Block Mechanics and I do hope that comes true. It’s always dodge or block, It’s not fun when you’re doing a combo and you dealt almost 0 damage.

Make a NEW attribute for 2H swordies, just like you had for Paladin and Monk. Just make it something useful.

Improve Pain barrier, add a % chance in resisting debuffs.
Improve Duration to Swordsman buffs.

ADD a R10 ATTRIBUTE for EVERY CLASS BELOW RANK 8. I mean come on, wasn’t TOS Philosophy is revolved around letting us choose whatever class we want to have? Why is there a big discrepancy towards power creep of lower rank classes to upper rank classes. Fix this, we want to build our own character (at least for me) , not some brainless meta slaved class because It’s overpowered.

You would always see the same classes on TBL, I wouldn’t suggest Nerfing for example Reitarius to the ground, or Sage/Kino builds, but rather the development team should look into buffing other classes to make them at least viable in the meta.