Tree of Savior Forum

Call for an official poll and why it matters

Well seeing the results, STOP ASKING FOR IT ALREADY

omfg another class reset post…

This is the future you chose when you tried to cater to as many people as possible

If you read the post, you’d know it’s not.

Have you ever seen baboons engaged in an argument? It’s the closest thing to what we witness here whenever someone mentions class reset. It’s just the way it is, no offense meant.

If you’re not interested in having this discussion, why are you here?

I don’t need an excuse, thank you very much. I’m genuinely concerned for the game’s future if one of its core mechanics drives thousands of people away and I want to discuss measures needed to prevent this. It doesn’t need to be a class reset at all if a better solution is found and implemented.

And if it turns out that most people will happily waste hundreds of hours on rerolling their characters every time a major patch makes changes to them; then that’s case closed, no need for concern anymore and I promise to stop talking about it.

Also, I’m not advocating any particular solution here. I’m asking for a poll and a place to discuss the results and their implications. Care to explain how I could possibly be on the losing side?

and yet it is, in spite of that.

you no problem, you can’t help being a drooling moron. no offense meant. (see how it doesn’t really work like that?)

this discussion has BEEN HAS over and over already. why are you here?

the discussion’s been had. IMC hasn’t instituted any form of class reset. i believe they’ve said they have no plans to. and yet here you are, still trying to prop up the discussion meaning you’re clearly on the pro-reset side.

Ragnarok never offered a job reset, and is still running. people simply looked at sources -outside- the game to learn what skills do.
what people really need to do is let go of the idea that there is some kind of “correct” build, and simply play whatever the hell they feel like.

1 Like

BUT THEN HOW AM I GOING TO BE AS COOL AND SUCCESFUL AS ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE WITH THEIR BIG DAMAGE NUMBERS AND SHINY EQUIPMENT???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I CANT HANDLE THIS SOCIAL PRESSURE

me neither. that’s why i’m an anti-social hermit, who solo’s everything.
and i’m not even named xxKirit0xx or something.

Can you give the source, link or whatever to this official statement.

note my phrasing: “i BELIEVE they said…”
i’m not sure. i don’t have a link.

then again, KTOS has a full cash shop, and doesn’t have one. they also don’t have stat-reset potions.

The only way of playing a MMO without catching cancer, really

Rofl
/thisguyishilarious

No, that’s ad hominem and a completely unfounded one at that. Feel free to disagree and if you indeed think that I’m a drooling moron, you’re welcome to that opinion.

Meanwhile what I said is based on having observed the threads over the past week or so. You know very well what happens in them. It’s already starting in this one! Do you really disagree with my analogy?

Let me ask you a question and get this one thing out of the way. If you spend 500+ hours on a character, plus some TP on cosmetic items that are bound to that character, and then a patch comes that makes your character noticeably weaker or changes the playstyle you picked it for in any significat way, what will you do?

a) You will reroll and not care about the wasted time and money.
b) You will keep playing the character knowing that it’s not what you want it to be.
c) You will quit the game.

Two of those answers pose a serious problem for the developers to solve and I have doubts that the remaining answer will be a popular choice among players. Hence the need for a poll.

Turning a blind eye to this is not a good solution.

There either needs to be a way of transferring your hair/costumes to new characters or a way to reset the character they belong to or IMC is never gonna get any money out of me. I can’t speak for anyone else.

Mostly I just want untradables to be transferable within teams, but if not that then I kind of see the circle respec side of things.

Just PM me if one of these soon hundreds of polls is turning into yes side winning and I’ll bother voting once again but otherwise I’ve had enough with these.

You’ll probably keep creating new polls until everyone against your bad idea stops bothering to vote? And then it suddenly proves everything and some kind of job reset idea having the support of the community. And every poll before that were insignificant because only couple of hundred of players voted while the player base is dozens of thousands. BUT, if the yes side eventually wins just once, it’ll magically mean that the whole community, pretty close to 101% of it, are supporting your bad idea. Have I understood it correctly? :unamused:

1 Like

Nope, you only succeeded in making yourself look foolish and petty. You got the gist of the problem here, though:

There is a skill reset potion. I don’t see the need for a server reset.

@bephamoth

They are not always perfect, so you have to do more researchs that could be avoided just by a good design.

@tzxazrael

You don’t know Jon :open_mouth:. Ofc I can’t know too but it’s what happened for founder’s pack, because IMC are smarter than people think.

Here a poll I forget to close from my taskbar :

Edit :

Because Ragnarok had not 600+ lvl and 10 ranks. And anyway what you are saying is wrong cuz many people had to reroll because of patches. The class system was way easier, I didn’t need database for skills because classes were already doing what they were supposed to do. Many classes of Tree of Savior are a big wtf like Paladin which has the icon of tank and being a hard DPS.

Heh was making sure to not touch this thread for a while and the replies are as fun as I expected for this no tos day.
It’s always fun to see people posting in General Discussion trying to get attention from players and bored non-players instead of the Suggestions forum where even though there’s like a crapton of ridiculous suggestion, it’ll still be screened more than the General Discussion.

Think the staffs already stayed away as far as possible from General Discussion anyway :joy:

If the majority opinion was to have it, then I would agree with you.

But I do think a compromise could be made. I understand that it’s possible to like a class at first and like how it plays on video or sounds in a review, but end up not liking it. It happens, and since not all items are transferrable, I can see why people would feel stuck.

I think at the class advancement screen, there should be an option to click a class and get warped to a test room to try the class out and see how you like it. Splatoon does it for weapons and I think it’s a great idea to get a feel for one before you commit to buying it. If you like how the class plays in the test room, advance as normal to the quest. If not, you still saved yourself a lot of wasted time and possibly items. Re-assess what to do from there.

I don’t see why they couldn’t do something like this.

1 Like

That’s precisely the point of this thread; let’s find out what the majority really wants and talk about why that is and what to do about it.

Thank you for keeping it constructive. This change alone would silence many people that are currently asking for a reset.

1 Like