Tree of Savior Forum

[Calculations] Pyromancer's skill damage

@Satoru Thank you for clarification for me. That’s exactly what I was doing. The idea behind this is that I want to measure “how much DPS increase of your character per each 1 point you spend”

@kill5link I didn’t factor in the cast time because I don’t know the number.

The formula I use is DPS = [ (Matk + Skill Atk) * multiplier * overheat ] / CD

Wow! Fantastic job Pyroxys!

But you are always assuming skills with multiple hits are hitting at a rate of 1 hit/sec - which may not necessarily be the case. So that could throw the numbers off a bit.

You also do not take attributes into account. With maxed attributes, all of that damage is actually doubled. :smile:

1 Like

Yes, I did assumed that it is 1 hit/sec (apart from hell breath that I assumed 2 hit/sec). Do you know what is the actual rate of these skills? That would be very helpful!

About attributes, because all of them will scale up 2x so it would not affect the graph so I just leave it out :slight_smile:

By the way, could anyone confirm the mechanic of fire wall please? how many maximum hit can a boss (for example) take with lvl 15 fire wall?

Behold, an admin has appeared.

Just to be sure I get your formula right, since you assumed 1000 matk.
With “Skill Atk” in your DPS formula, you mean:
=> Skill Atk = Base skill atk?

Or do you also assume INT (since INT is added 2 times, once to the skill base damage and once in the form of Matk)?
=> Skill Atk = base skill atk+INT

This video is from kCBT2, Fire Wall was nerfed a lot since then.

From my testings Fire Wall has a cap as for how many hits each tile can give and as for the maximum number of hits the skill can give as a whole.

Sadly, those numbers do not match with the tooltip description. (might be because of latency tho, sometimes I could hit enemies with Telekinesis 1 extra time than what the tooltip said)

It was the 1st case : Skill Atk = Base skill atk?

I have heard that INT add 2 times to the skill damage as well but when I checked this video

When the guy showed the damage of his skill, the skill damages are exactly the same as in the skill simulator. If this equation is true
“Skill Atk = base skill atk+INT”
then I would assume that it should show higher numbers for him? I’m not sure about that though, can’t wait to test this in beta!!

@Chebus By the way, in this video, when he showed the damage of fire wall at around 2:02, there were 5 walls but the monster only took damage for about 4 times! That;'s quite disappointing isn’t it?

1 Like

Oh wow, yeah, that is quite disappointing.

@Satoru is right, I was looking at a kCBT2 video and it seems to have been nerfed since then.

I deleted my post because it seems like quite a few of the Pyromancer skills have changed, so the numbers I gave were not accurate.

I’m not sure.
Afaik it can be different for different spells.
You would also assume all spells that are under the [Magic] category work the same way, but it’s not always the case(see Aspersion/Carve Owl/…).

are cleric and wizard class spells calculated the same? or do they perchance use different formulae?

Well if you only mean damage spells, then I think most of it is covered on tosbase already.

You will notice how Zaibas states “Damage + INT” for example. Stating that INT is applied in addition to the matk scaling that comes from it being a magical attack.
When you compare it to pyromancer spells, they only state “damage”, not including INT into the formula. That’s how most of the damaging Wizard spells are listed.
Then again, things tend to change quite fast.

1 Like

interesting, thank you! atleast they didn’t try to insert spr into the cleric dmg calculations, i was worried it might be int for wiz, spr for cleric as other games do.

Doesn’t seem that way (yet). But there are a few spells that do increase your damage output in the cleric tree based on your SPR.
Like deprotected zone, even though the damage increase is indirectly applied.

1 Like

that… sounds like they might give “full support” spells an affinity for spr, gonna have to look through the spell list, maybe there is a trend to be seen.

What is “Overheat” ???

The number of time that you can use that spell before it goes on cooldown.

1 Like

These were the hit rates used in iCBT1:
Fireball = 2 hits/second
Fire Pillar = 2 hits/second
Hell Breath = 3 hits/second

1 Like

thank you very much. I will adjust the calculation this evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you think the INT value is applied to the skill dmg? The damage is same in the skill description regardless of INT. I tried going SPR wizard and feel the damage lacks but not so sure. Is there any source on how spell damage happens?

AFAIK there aren’t any Wiz skills, and for sure in Pyromancer, that has skills that increase with INT.

A good example of what I mean is Zaibas vs Fire Ball. Zaibas increases its damage through INT so it’s getting double the amount of damage from the INT stat ie.

(Skill damage + INT) + Magic Attack from stats and weapon - Magic defense.

Since INT increases Magic attack by 1 each, you’re essentially getting 2x magic attack from stats.

Fire Ball however doesn’t have INT scaling AFAIK and so if you put your stats into INT, you’re only getting 1 magic attack from stats. So it would be

Skill damage + Magic Attack from stats and weapon - Magic defense

So having INT does increase Fire Ball damage through magic attack but not really through the visual number on the skill like Zaibas does.