C3 Thaumaturge or C3 Chrono?

Wanting a good support build! Right now i’m Wiz -> Pyro -> Linker - Thaumaturge

I want to know which one is the best

Thauma -> Chrono -> Thauma -> Chrono

Thauma -> Thauma -> Thauma -> Chrono

Thauma -> Chrono -> Thauma -> Thauma

Thauma -> Chrono -> Chrono -> Chrono

Thank you :3

Chrono needs you to go Chrono 3 to get the best ability, Pass.
so i’d reccomend going Chrono 3

1 Like

It’s pretty solid so far, I’d say Chrono 3, it just ages much better compared to flat bonuses Thaumaturge provides. Comparing both utility-wise, Chrono still comes up on top with Haste, Stop and Pass.

Thaumaturge directly gives defense in C2 though, and INT in C3, and Reversi has some uses in PVP. But infinitely more appealing and welcome in groups are Chronomancers, they are the only class you actually see called for in shout chat in the mage category.

So I’d say your next three circles after Thaumaturge C1 should all be in Chronomancer, if you stop at C2 Chrono cause of C2 Thaumaturge, you give up on Pass which is an amazing, game breaking ability.

1 Like

So, you guys belive that it’s better to go C3 Chrono, alright got it, thanks!! Just one more question. Should i get Transpose on Thauma C1?

It depends, for me, I’m a full support Linker with really high CON, if I didn’t go C2 Linker and took C1 Thaumaturge instead, I would have taken Transpose, it would make solo-ing quest bosses much easier with the swap of stats. There’s also an attribute to balance both, making you get a healthy share of INT and CON with just adding CON. And if your party is capable, you don’t use it, simple as that. 1 point into it.

5 into Swell Arm, 1 into Transpose, 4 into both shrink and enlarge size, and last point into either of the last 2(I recommend enlarge cause of double EXP and loot).

Chrono3 is superior to Thauma3.

as he said

The upside of Thaumaturge C2+3 is being unique, that heavy investment into the class is rarely ever seen, and you will be one and only apart from a few other anomalies.

I really hope you have been pumping a massive amount into CON instead of INT, as a support you should have high CON, and adequate SPR(running out is really bad, especially as a Linker). If you ever need DPS, Transpose is there for you. If you’re in no danger of dying, you may even turn off the Balance attribute to go full glass cannon for the duration.

Why support need to have high CON? Or it’s just something for that exactly build?

as of now, your only damage is from the pyro abilities, linker , thaum, and chrono dont have any abilities that scale with INT. so going a 2:1:1 Con int SPR serves you well since your mostly buffing your allies.

Wouldn’t it be better to go all Int with like 30~50 Con and a bit of Spr?
Cause you can just switch your Con and Int with Transpose and Int has the bonus, so in the end you would have more Con/HP with a ‘full’ Int build.

1 Like

thaum has no late game, it gives you flat bonuses, taking more than one rank in thaum wont be any good.

At almost +600 dmg, Swell Left and Right are huge buffs at the current late game. (rank7)

Sure it will fall off as we advance towards rank10 though.

that’s why thaum 1 is good by itself, the attribute makes the attack portion of swell left at around 200 i believe without having to go into thaum 3, considering swell left also has a 100% uptime

1 Like

A dead support is a useless support, with an appropriate party(meaning no plebs and noobs), you don’t have to do damage, you just need to survive. The option to be able to change into a glass cannon is better than being a glass cannon the other 90% of the time.

But couldn’t you be tanky 100% of the time cause the CD of Transpose can be equal/shorter than the uptime of it?
I could be missing something cause I didn’t get to Thaum yet, but thats what I thought after reading up about the skill.

First of all, Transpose has a 90% up time, so yes you could do that in theory, but everytime you changed your INT to CON, you will suffer a huge lack of HP over maximum HP pool. Keep in mind you do not heal, you will suddenly go from 4k HP to maybe 20K(estimate number), and suddenly your HP bar says 4000/20000 and your screen is flashing red, you would need a healer to be aware or spam potions(which can take a while depending on tier of potion).

So it would be better to not rely on Transpose to have high CON most of the time, the latter is better.

Your current amount of HP isnt scaled when you swap INT into CON and also you cannot refresh transpose without losing HP in case you get healed to full.

For example: you have 10k/10k HP as full int build (with some con), after using transpose you’ll have something like 10k/30k HP. If you get healed to max and get your 30k HP then the moment you “refresh” transpose you’ll get back to 10/30 and have to be healed again.

The benefit of using transpose as full INT build:

• more effective HP potions (CON increases their effectiveness by 0.1% per CON) so you can heal a bit faster
  • CON means your downtime near bonfires is very short because you only need to heal up to your original amount of HP and you have LOTS of extra HP regen.
  • if you use shield you get tons of Block from extra CON. With Aias shield it would be almost as good as having perma Stone Skin on yourself.

Benefits of going full CON thauma with transpose:

• you are beefy
  • in near-death situations you can swap your con to int and try to burst down the enemy.

Level 3 and above will give you 100% uptime. The only problem is that you can only overwrite buff instead of refreshing it.

2 Likes

Yep - support classes need con/spr ( dying is no-no as well as running out of stamina) unless you are the healer (priest) whos healing spells scale with int (dont know how well though - is it also as lacking as in mages case?) - So IMO If you plan to go on support mage role u may skip int entirely. And in this case transpose is good, in times when you decide (rarely) that int will be more usefull than con in specific situation.

Why would you even add 3 points into Transpose though? Lol. You really don’t need it. There’re better spells to put it into than Transpose which is way on the bottom of the list for a support caster. INT is not a main concern at all, it is only an option.

Also, in near death situation activating Transpose is rarely going to save you to “burst down your opponent”. Let’s face it, INT is not that big of a deal it scales poorly especially as a Chrono/Thauma.

I don’t think nizidr is saying that you should or shouldn’t add Transpose. S/he was just illustrating how transpose works and the reasoning behind a CON->INT or INT->CON transposition.