Tree of Savior Forum

C3 Thaumaturge or C3 Chrono?

Hi I am really interested in playing a support thauma. I am however undecided whether to go full int or con. If I went full con, would transpose (to full int) grant me the bonus int % that u get from increasing ranks? If not, wouldnt going full int(with a bit of con) be better since you get more stat points overall?

On my thaum, which is still pretty low level mind you, it seems to straight up swap my 39 CON 181 INT around to 181 CON 39 INT. The problem with a full INT build is that when you gain con, the extra HP you gained isnā€™t healed up, so whatever HP gain you get, you have to get healed for it to make a difference. If youā€™re planning on 100% uptime on transpose and you donā€™t mind paying attention, though, I think the bonus stats would add up to a lot if you invest in INT.

1 Like

100% uptime on transpose wouldnā€™t solve the HP problem though, since every time you recast it will re-divide and re-calculate your stats.

In fact if you had healed up, you will lose HP recasting it.
(I havenā€™t tested it myself, but Iā€™ve read many players reporting on this)

1 Like

Iā€™ve tested it and yup. The HP resets every time

Really depend.

C3 Thaumaturge = Full DPS Support orientated
C3 Chronomancer = Full Buff/Debuff Support oritentated

Iā€™d say Chronomancer work better (scaled) late game against Dungeon 280+ and World Boss.

Level 280 Field Boss
By the way, judging on the swordman who trying to keep his distance to attack the boss. You are more likely need at least 10% speed based to out-run his skills.

nope. If you had 200 con and 400 int, after transpose you would have 400 con and 200 int or 300/300 with attribute.

With priest in your party, doing transpose on full int char sounds great - otherwise pain in the ass. Unless there are hp pots that heal 80-100% of your hp (are there?).

With Cleric*. Priests can barely heal. I may be wrong but I think Clerics are better healers than Priests, Priests buffs are amazing but they are not as efficient healers.

II think that depends on the max hp. Clerics Heal heals 5%max hp + formula (to 1 target i may add) while Priests Mass Heal heals 10% max hp + formula (to all party members). I think that when healing high lvl full con builds in party Priest actually may be better. Esp that healers stat allocation is somewhat balance of int and spr (its bad when supporter runs out of stamina) - and only in priest case both are added into formula. For single player Cleric is better (or at least that would make sense).

While in theory youā€™re correct, itā€™s easy to overlook the fact that Mass Heal is a single use ability with long CD, whereas Heal with circles invested into the Cleric tree can summon many many tiles and have Overheat x2.

Anyway thatā€™s off-topic, just wanted to let that be said.

Thaum3 provides +565 or 710 Physical/Magical ATK. Also, it scales with attribute levels on skills used! This makes it a mean buff for classes with loads of multi hits. Good side note :Magical attack classes tend to have even more multi hits. Common examples I can think of are Frost Cloud, Flame Ground, Pole of Agony, Owl Statue, Carnivory, Cureā€¦ These skills proc over 30 hits each per target.

In terms of scaling, people spend more on attribute bonuses as they level, which directly impact your buff!

Of courseā€¦ there are many, MANY things to calculate when comparing T3 and C3. I canā€™t even decide which is better myself. C3 scales better as full support at Rank 7 due to Chrono being at Rank 5. Thauma is stuck picking up a lower rank support skill at Rank 7, if you want go full support (Linker/Cryo/Chrono).

However, from a different perspective, Thauma3 is able to pick up a DPS Rank 7 like FF. Bone Pointing can [Curse] and Ngahundi can provide [Decay] (reduce mob max hp, and increases missile damage), making them buff Archers further (Sorry swordies!!)

http://pastebin.com/CNhzGnXi