Tree of Savior Forum

C2 Squire guide and general feedback(Don't play squire)

Class Feedback

I’ve hit Circle 2(177) squire for a while now and its been a really horrible to know that you are the most useless class in dungeons, and the only useful skill you have in there is repair because nobody in a grind party will ask you for a weapon buff when they’re preoccupied with killing mobs, Unless you’re some kind of smooth talker with 20 charisma and can get everyone to line up one by one beside the statue or a safe zone.

Buffing weapons in areas with aggressive mobs will be interrupted if either player gets hit.
You’re absolutely useless compared to a Dievdirby or Corsair in dungeons.

Base camp and food table, cannot be cast in towns or dungeons.
This is the reason my Squire’s lifespan will end at circle 8 in C3

Food table X Base camp

Creating a base camp with food table costs 27000 in total costs and 25 seconds to set up
For all 4 buffs to be active you will need 2 bread 4 lettuce 8 Pine mushroom and 8 milk.
256+740+1224+2144 = 4334 silver
4334 x 5(party of 5) = 21670 for every 30 minutes.
4334 x 10(party of 10) = 43340 for every 30 minutes
Each food attribute can be maxed to level 10 for a maximum of 40 minutes.
So you will be paying 27000(for 1.5 hours at level 1)+21680 silver every 40 minutes for your party, and the Sorcerer in your party will probably marry you for the salad buff. And you will feed him/her salad for the rest of your TOS life.

But i must admit, money isn’t an issue at all around level 180 with the increased silver rate recently.

I’ve been playing C3 Swordman C1 Cataphract C2 Squire

Planned on full auto attack build but Gungho and Concentrate don’t make a difference at level 10 or level 15 when you maxed out the attributes. +50atk/def for gungho and +100 atk for concentrate.

Notes
Arrest cannot be used on a mount(no hamster/raccoon for you)
Arrest can be used with every known weapon configuration
Arrest can apply a 50% physical defense debuff via passive attributes
Food table lasts for a maximum of 40 minutes with level 10 attributes

Next CBT/OBT i will probably go C2 Swordsman C1 Hoplite C3 Cataphract C1 Peltesta/Centurion C1 Dragoon instead of squire.

Class guide
Repair
Squire repair kits cost 80 at base cost and the middle class players (level 130-160) will complain that your shop is too expensive even if you sell at 85 per unit, have level 10 Repair with attribute 5 even with the increased silver rates recently, i guess the people i meet are just really mean and don’t understand that you repair over the max durability.

A well geared person in your party might require 128 repair kits for one repair, so if you’re going full support, you better have a high strength ratio because you will be carrying a minimum of 800 kits(2400 weight) for 5 people before you need to warp back to Klaipeda to access your storage if you cant do so in a dungeon.

Some bosses in game have skills that directly attack item durability, so you might be useful in mid game levels 200-400 in the future.

Weapon Maintenance
Charcoal stones are used up to enhance weapons.
Charcoal stones cost 180
I still have no idea how this works, and i have no idea whats fair to charge to others.
A two star orange item requires 5 charcoal stones.
A four star purple item requires 8 charcoal stones.
A six star blue item requires 9 charcoal stones
A five star blue item requires 7 charcoal stones
A two star item requires 2 charcoal stones.

Weapon Maintenance Increases attack equal to [Skill Level]×[Number of Weapon Stars]

Armor Maintenance is probably better off as a guild/pvp/guild versus guild skill, and has no use in a grind/boss party where mobs with 40k hp die in 3-5 seconds and only hit you once.

Aspiring Squires should do every Carry weight potion quest possible.
Squire’s will die alone to solo mobs such as the black colifly in roxona west because they cant deal 36,000 points of hp damage alone before death sentence is up. http://www.tosbase.com/database/monsters/57397/
Squires should wear plate to go along with their food buffs if possible.

Tanky squires should have at least rank 2 in Peltasta for High guard and take some skill levels in Armor maintenance
As you level into the 200’s, a single member might need 128 repair kits to repair all of his purple items.
A Squire’s lifespan will end at Circle 3 where you will be permanently stuck in town selling level 15 weapon/armor/repair and leveling your other characters.
You will probably make more money selling thousands of dispellers or level 5 condensed HP/SP potions, but you still have the highest party sustain due to your repair skill and the ability to open storage in non dungeon areas to access your potions and ingredients for food table.

CBT feedback

• Kill Stealing

Kill stealing is currently a feature of the game and full exp is given to the person who deals the last hit, and pet/summon Necromancer, Bokor, Falconer, Hunter will have a slight advantage in a game with 100,000 players and 2 channels.
It means when you’re playing alone, its more effective to go to “FULL” parties(5/10) and last hit their stack of 4000 exp mobs.
I feel that exp should be shared, but it can be abused by range classes who can easily mob tag 6 mobs and and let a full party kill them for you. And there’s no easy solution to the problem.

• Latency

Had tons of IPF errors between 2nd-11th november, glad its fixed now.
Long delays when interacting with quest collectible objects and talking to npcs.
Potions and campfires do not work at times, and multiple campfires will be placed after the server side functions are restored.

Pet Artificial Intelligence

• For characters playing mounted classes
  • Cataphract/Schwarzer Reiter
    When you get incapacitated on a mount, you will be automatically dismounted from your pet, and your pet will have 0 hp and 0 stamina. And you cannot mount your companion immediately until you feed it, and wait for it to have a tick of hp. And your pet will still auto target the boss, constantly getting “fainted” over and over again, while you’re dodging the bosses non-telegraphed aoe meteor shower and trying to remount your pet to have access to your Cataphract/Schwarzer skills again.

Possible solutions
Don’t die, get good…
Allow mounted classes to stay on mount when revived by priest or icoin

• When you enter a new area map on a mounted class, you will automatically dismount and lose the additional stats.

Possible solutions
Allow mounted classes to stay on mount between maps.
Don’t play a mounted class
Get a healer to heal that 2500 hp

Edit - 18/11/2015 22:24pm
Exp rates.
Overkill system should work with multiple hit skills.
Most classes arent geared to overkill with multi-hit skills, and they might have to pick other builds like sapper C3 claymore 15 attribute 100 just to get an exp boost while grinding. This means classes that dont have a 947% skill like cartar stroke or seism will have a harder time grinding alone than others.
Another solution is to add elements to more skills or introduce a class that can enchant your weapon to a certain element other than holy/poison/fire
Archers have no choice of elements they can use, so they have to stick with their 200 affinity to flying for overkills.

In a traditional MMORPG called ragnarok online, you could choose to equip a fire arrow or silver arrow to deal fire or holy damage. But you don’t have a choice here even with fletcher. There needs to be more elemental weapons available for dps classes other than arde dagger or the 2h spear called elements.

If overkill is a system, it should be more easily achievable for all classes without +15 gear and 100 attribute points in the leveling phase.

I think the exp rates are fine for hardcore gamers, but getting to 600 will be an issue in the future with multiple characters. Assuming that the most efficient streamer on twitch.tv can level to 200 in 250 hours, it would take 800-1000 hours to level to 600. And i would prefer joining a server with 100x rates just to try out new classes and just give up on the official servers.

Gem Enhancement feedback

Attributes and Weapon/Armor Anvil Enhancement costs and the incoming sell prices fix to curb inflation.

Treasure Chests having fixed loot.

Skill Bugs

2 Likes

Oh my god, Swordsman3 into Squire… That sounds as pain. A lot of pain.

You really did good job leveling so far, I’m absolutely serious. But for Squire both solo and to be welcomed in parties Peltasta>Barbarian/Hoplite/Highlander is just so much better. Almost every Squire I’ve met so far went easy way and noone seems to complain.

1 Like

If you’re gonna be a tankie squire…
Might as well use this

Must Max:
Concentrate: Enhance
Swash Buckling: Maximum HP
Umbo Blow: Stun
Umbo Blow: Add Knockdown
High Guard: Umbo Blow Speciality
High Guard: Rim Blow Speciality
High Guard: Defense Increase
Arrest: Slow
Repair: Service
Weapon Maintenance: Count Increase
Armor Maintenance: Count Increase

Peltasta is super useful attracting the mobs part by part rather than all 5 rush into a mob of 20++ agros. Useful for grinding too.

I had planned to go Dps auto attack squire, but I’ve learned that frenzy 10 on barbarian is ridiculous.

Levelling to level 90 as a C3 sword isn’t hard, but when you reach 175-250 in the future, you will suffer more than others if you chose to advance Squire and Alchemist to C3, and you dont have fancy 1600% skills to kill stuff with.

I have abandoned my plans to play a dps squire since you cant attack while using arrest.
And since you’re not attacking when channeling arrest, its better to go full tank Eg C1 Swordsman C2 Peltasta C1 Roldero C3 Squire like or something similar to shyangyuan posted

Squires might be optimised to use sword and shield for synergy with their own armor maintenance

exp reward from mobs is not based-on last hits, it is based on damage dealt . Last hit ks only applies to quests as the counter goes up only for the person killing the mob

i’ve been last hitting with 700-1400 damage auto attacks on 30k hp mobs and i’ve been getting 3000 exp on the exp viewer application on reddit so i don’t think thats true
Edit - if that were true i would be getting 38-50 exp for the last hit?

Might as well go for C1 Swordsman C2 Peltasta C3 Rodelero
Squire could wait until Rank 7 on OBT.

Not hard but you wasted 15 skill points. Double Slash is cool and you can use it mid air but it’s not that powerful comparing skills you could get from Advanced jobs.

p.s. My first swordie goes C3 too. There’s really no benefit going C3 on basic classes.

yep, i learnt my lesson, no more c3 base classes for me, thats what a cbt is for.
to see your build crash and burn and go up in flames. because you went c3 archer sword wiz cleric.
im kinda addicted to 2h spears reach though. and dragoons have a skill that cause bleed damage based on str.

For me…dual wielding pirate & Shield crusader build.
I remember being the only one in MRO PKServer playing dual sin, shield crusader & battle priest before they even have rebirth system where the rest of the server are playing Crit sin, GC Crusader & Support Priest…

This game bring back memories…if its just not that linear… :pensive:

I doubt that the formula is not proportional. Im getting exp even if I dont kill the mob myself.
Exp viewer does not follow as you think it only registers a mob, not dmg you dealt to it. Same with party distributed exp. It shows full single player value instead of party value.

i have a peltasta 3 squire 1

arrest dont stop bosses from using some movement habilities

the weapon buff should be longer or quick to use

i think i will keep it juts for repair in the oficial release

(the cost and the weight of squire itens should be lower)

People assume that arrest is a full disable(freeze/stun/petrify) on bosses and stops the bosses from attacking, but i guess its most useful when you have a lot of non magic classes around hitting the field boss like rogue, barb c3, etc.

I agree that the weapon maintenance sharpening time should be shortened.
As for weapon buff duration, 1 hour is good enough. Because as a non-doppel class with no chronomancer buffs, the maximum number of attacks you can deal in 42 seconds is around 26-30(multiple hits count as one attack on concentrate/weapon enhance)

I think IMC wants squire players to go full str for the carry weight. Maybe in the future more quests with carry weight potions will appear.

But if future field maps 200-250 have low density, and dungeons are only areas where people go to grind, Squires might as well just rot in town forever and forget about Base Camp and Food table.

2 Likes

And i might add, as a aspiring merchant that want to make money u will encounter troublemaker along the way. As an example, open up repair service at dungeon and some ahoe just decide to lure mobs and force close your shop for fun.
Be prepare getting salt and lemon when u decide become squire, might be some sweet will come along your way someday.

sad news on the experience you had with the squire class. Im looking to make a merchant class cause I work alot and i want to be able to profit a bit while Im there and not playing. I’ve been looking at squire and going Swordsman>Pelt C3> Squire C2 as a tank with group utility and selling options. I know that Pardoner has the same effect on people as squire has had on you being limited by buff limits with priest route or being a diano alt mule with krivis route. Maybe I should look at Alchemist

You won’t take damage from any kind of mob while your shop is open, the only thing that can harm you are boss type monsters (which is a problem only at some few maps).

seriously? thats awesome news.

Also if you’re connected to the game with another character or at the lodge the store will stay there, i belive that you still have some minutes even after closing the game.

I witness my shop get trolled at Mage Tower 5F, someone lure the drake, it use breath attack and my shop forced close. it doesn’t have to be boss type, any normal mobs that happen attack you will force close your shop.

That’s weird, i can open my store even in the middle of 10 monsters and none of them will attack me, i guess you’re still vunerable to AoE attacks/skills even if you aren’t a valid target.

Anyway, most of the maps have a safe zone so it’s still not a big problem specially with the mob max range aggro.

As for a true merchant class, the closest thing that comes to being a blacksmith is alchemists potential awakening. Squire cannot make money off repairs and maintenance alone. It is more efficient to create a botting class like sorceror/bokor to make money, you could go wiz>pyro>link>tham>sorc>alch>sorc>alch alch in the future.
And i doubt Squire C3 will have any skills that people will complain about being too strong and ask for nerfs.

Why Squire cant make money
The number of repair kits and charcoal stones required for higher weapon stars will go up, but squire’s will still make less money compared to selling condensed 15 hp/sp pots, or selling 1000 dispellers in bulk to a pvp player.

if we charge 90 for repairs requiring 150 kits with base cost of 80 and a startup cost of 12000, you only earn 1.5k.
thats 450 weight compared to 5 weight? on dispellers which has a 400 base cost.
A pardoner has to sell 15 dispellers to make 1.5k with a 6k startup cost.
Im a non pvp player and i already bought over 3000 dispellers, i just hate being disabled.

TLDR
You can’t bulk sell Repair Weapon/Armor Maintenance.
You can’t charge players for food eaten at the table
Gem roasting is more important for players who just reached gear requirement levels 15,40,75,120,175 etc
Only tryhards will patronize your level 10 weapon shop, not the general public

I think Sorc2 Alch3 is the key to wealth.
I doubt C3 squire will have anything that turns heads.
Squires are meant to rot in town and overload your GPU.