Tree of Savior Forum

Bullet Marker looking for informations

1 Like

Well my guess would be MD is good for bossing for high defense boss like Velcoff and DL because 50% defense ignore. RIP scales really bad and has low attack ratio, my self only has 3 lvls on it and I rarely use it because busy using BOD on outage downtime and dodging attack. I would agree to take it out when someone wants to focus on signs target damage. Again It’s only recommended when you can sink high attribute to MD to be benefit enough from the defense ignore mechanism. I will just do AA instead since I don’t have that kind money. Not to mention MD has a horrible long animate time which doesn’t flow with gun and run play style.

Honestly I’ve respecced my skills a few times now on 2 BMs I’ve tried out, and I can say:

• DGS - Core

• Silver Bullet - 5 minimum, but might as well max if you skip on certain other skills, since a lot of BM actives are bad.

• Tase - 1 It’s good, no point leveling it because of the hit limit, useful if enchanter

• Napalm Bullet - Haven’t tried it, unless it’s a very fast animation that you can get right back into AAing, it’s almost certainly crap.

• FMJ - If you’re fighting something with INSANE defenses, one point can be useful, but otherwise, crap. (Also since MD gets something that does the same… rip this skill)

• RIP - Feels like crap, the animations are way too long for the damage it does, especially for what’s mostly an AA build anyway if you’re going BM

• Bloody Overdrive - If you have someone tanking, the damage seems okay with ricochet, but even then it feels lackluster.

• Smash Bullet - 1 Point. Really good, but only needs 1 point for the overtime damage.

• Tracer Bullet - I haven’t bothered with t really because most things I fight are 100% accuracy or close as I can get.

• MD - Max. Similar issue to RIP, unfortunately, usually better off AAing other than the Ricochet which makes it okay but still not amazing. I’d max because out of what’s left, it’s worth it.

• Freeze Bullet - Max. REally useful when farming with AA to just lock things in place. You only need 1 level but since points are pretty lax in BM, might as well max.

• Outrage - Haven’t bothered using personally, everything behind it seems counter to me for an AA build but it’s more useful than these other skills, I would max.

Leaving a build looking like this:

Last points would be your choice between: Silver Bullet, Tracer Bullet, MD, Freeze Bullet

Feel free to comment as I haven’t messed around with Outrage (yet) I’d love to hear other’s thoughts.
The numbers on Bloody Overdrive look great, but I find the animation at the end, staying still and getting hit to be kinda crap without someone actively pulling the mobs, I’m still not fully sure if it’s 20 hits on each mob or 20 hits overall, with ricochet that should be x1.5 hits though roughly.

Outrage just makes you able to auto atk 5 targets at once with more dmg and while running, how is that not useful to an autoatk build?

3 Likes

LOL. Your information tells me you only played pre rebuild with BM2 not even BM3 nor doing any test after rebuild. BOD always has an attribute for invulnerabilityat BM c3. Tell me how can you complain about long cast time and needing a tank when you are invulnerable to all damage. Ourrage nearly doubles your AA damage and enable you from running since no more running shot. Please don’t make comment base on pre rebuild information while you have no testing done in current version. strong text

1 Like

I liked RIP, especially with Linker’s JP skill, but I don’t have any statistic about this, only the visible effects.

Does hasisas from assassin work with DGS?

I didn’t play prebuild BM at all. I quit about a year ago and just jumped back in, all my info is from playing over the last few days.

It’s very useful, I haven’t personally tried it yet, there’s a reason I still put the points into it there.

And here I thought that “x” in skill description will count as more hits and links will wear down faster.

is there any caster bm build , like bm>outlaw>corsair . it has nice missile and self buffs and nice aoe. would it work?

bm outlaw corsair its bad then? , i mean the build has pretty strong buffs for skills like havoc ,brutallity and the jolly roger fever buff , you couls melt down a boss with a skill rotation in the fever duration :frowning:

what about the other 2 classes? what would you pick?

Thanks a ton for this useful information, I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to test all the skills (especially outrage which I just got 10minutes to try earlier).

Corsair is strong is pve even if the skill are not that strong the 20% buff and fever 40% pt is strong af and pistol shot is really strong! then outlaw is complete crap he have the damage buff but only 5 second… and the damage skill are weak so dam weak xD!

if you are poor go for corsair + linker if you want the max dps try the assasin + corsair combo

Well, just read some info around the internet and decided that i’m going for Assassin - Bullet Master - Corsair

Assassin and Corsair have a lot of good stuff to complement BM, and good damage on their own too

With Assassin we get:

Hasisas => +255 base attack speed and 20% increased evasion for 5 minutes without the need to reuse, the downside is 1% reduced HP every 20s, but thats nothing

Behead => 60s bleedind and 5s silence, seems good for bosses and when you want to 1v1 your friend

Instant Acceleration => Good damage, good for mobility and 3s stun

Hallucination Smoke => debuff enemies with -20% evasion and -20% critical resistance

Piercing Heart => gives you 50% critical rate buff for 10s after using it and make enemies unable to heal for 15s

Annihilation => BIG AoE, makes you invincible during the skill and 10s of stealth after it (I like this one because you can just go in, do the big deeps and get out)

Now for Corsair

This one i didn’t tested everything yet because i’m not level cap, but the main reason i picked this class is the pillaging attribute, which may be not working right now but probably will be fixed in a later patch. And because i’m going for that Balthier look :grinning:

for skills we have:

Dust Devil => Damage skill that seems to use main and sub-hand weapons, this skill has no attribute that benefit our sin or BM, it doesn’t even interact with brutality too because it is slash and not pierce. Since i’m planning to get big enhancement or transcendence on the sword i don’t know if i’ll be leveling this one, maybe 1 point here for the CC

Double Weapon Assault => I think the main point of this one is the additional damage, didn’t tested and don’t know if it works on DGS or skills, if it works will probably leave it on lvl 10 or max

Hexen Dropper => Just like dust devil, if the damage is based on the sword too i will probably not level this one

Brutality => 20% pierce and missile damage buff

Jolly Roger => 40% physical damage buff for 10 seconds after activating fever

Iron Hook and Keel Hauling => Capture enemies with irok hook and drag & pull the captured enemy with keel and make them take 50% more pierce damage from you , may be good for PvP but the pierce debuff is irrelevant since most of our damage comes from slash and missile

Quick and Dead => Another big DPS skill with APSD scaling for the BM rotation

Impale Dagger => Don’t know how this skill is working now, but seems that it lost 2 overheat compared to the pre re:build one, doesn’t seem necessary

What made me choose those two classes to complement my Bullet Master was how smooth the transition between melee and ranged gameplay is, when i’m on DGS i can just use the assassin skills and reactivate DGS instantly because the game just swap the weapons without the need to press the hotkey for it (alt + Z by default iirc)

There is probably some bugs with skills and attributes (pillaging is one) that i didn’t found yet but if everything work as intended this should be a really fun build to play without locking you with just shooting your pistol.

doesnt assasin require a dagger to cast all skills, and since you use DGS is it possible to utilize assasin skills?

hey i happy to see i’m not the only one going for sin x BM OTP hahaha, but i dont like the corsair that much so i’m passing this one xD, and from what i hear the double weapon assault doesnt work with BM AA, i’m going with this build https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ya73zq2v . linker is just a filler, i could go with enchanter to help with AA and the instant acceleration, or thauma for buffs and quicken it’s just a filler for now i hope imc release more class for scout

Well, it’s how I’ve played Bullet Maker before Re:Build, and it has worked for me. Nevertheless, I’m not impossing my suggestion to them. Its up to them what to follow. If I suggested to put one point on every skill is because they mentioned they didn’t try to be an AA because they preferred using skills. So, its up to them how they want to experiment and find what is suitable for them.

Corsair have a buff that gives 20% damage!! on all your skill + gives you a +40% damage on PARTY! and pistol shot hits hard and in the future patch will have bledding you need to bledding trust me plus double weapon assault is a total crap skill lvl 0 always LOL, linker is more for solo like the solo velco videos or for pvp and assin skill need dagger and remember every time you cast one skill damage skill you need to recast the dual gun stace, still if you have the weapon and pull off a good rotation sorry to say it but your skill distribution in assa is bad go for something like this

7 points give them to Pircing or behead, you can give it to the debuff but smoke durarion is ■■■■ and bosses always move so no worth plus kraujas buff is 20 second only so is ok lvl 1, behead have is weaker but short animation and pircing is stronger but slow animation up to you.
Thauma is a bad idea gives you little damage and assa will give you atack speed so that one will be extra since lag will limit you anyways lol
Enchanter is a good idea but 20% of corsair and 40% of fever i will not lost it sorry