Tree of Savior Forum

Bullet Marker looking for informations

Hey !

I’m currently leveling a Scout to make a Squire, so I’m still lvl170. As I don’t know Scout classes, I choose BM and Enchanter pretty randomly and it turns out that BM is really fun :slight_smile: But I have a few questions, coming from Wizard and Cleric tree :

• BM use a Pistol subweapon and a sword mainhand ? Or you can use whatever you find as mainhand ?
  • As I’m alway in Double Gun Stance, does the damage from the sword count or is it only the pistol ?
  • I’m still leveling in Demon Prison, and Bloody Overdrive, RIP and Napalm Bullet are my main skills for AOE, is there any reason to not max one of those ? (maybe not the Napalm tho, the damage seems a bit weaker)
  • Does the debuff from Tase (more Lightning-property damage) works with Enchant Lightning or Lightning ? I was thinking to max it for bossing, but I haven’t been able to really test it for now
  • Most others BM skills seems underwhelming for now, as my AA seems better for single target, is there any recommended skill ? (I’m not really trying to do an AA build, I prefer using skills)

Here is is my current planned build for reference : https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?build=eyJqb2JzIjpbIkNoYXI1XzEiLCJDaGFyNV8xMiIsIkNoYXI1XzgiXSwic2tpbGxzIjp7IjUwMDAxIjoxLCI1MDAwMyI6NCwiNTAwMDQiOjUsIjUwMDA1Ijo1LCI1MDgwMSI6MSwiNTA4MDMiOjE1LCI1MDgwNCI6MTAsIjUwODA1IjoxMCwiNTA4MDYiOjUsIjUwODA3Ijo0LCI1MTEwMiI6OSwiNTExMDMiOjEsIjUxMTA1Ijo1LCI1MTEwNiI6MTUsIjUxMTA3IjoxNX0sInN0YXRzIjp7IkNPTiI6MCwiREVYIjowLCJJTlQiOjAsIlNQUiI6MCwiU1RSIjowfSwidmVyc2lvbiI6Mn0%3D

Thanks for your answers !

1.- Bullet Marker have a skill that activate the use of Pistols, but if you want to use the Sword, you have to deactivate it. Doesn’t have cooldown; can be activated and deactivated without limits. Still might be tedious to turn on and off, since Bullet Marker is auto attack.

2.- If you mean the Stats, they remain in your attack.

3.- Bloody Overdrive and RIP are strong and convenient. I’d recommend you to change Napalm Bullet for Mozambique Drill so you have more shots rather than one. Smash Bullet is good for bosses since it decreases the HP for a maximum of hits.

4.- I’ve heard of Bullet Marker and Enchanter together, but never tried it myself.

5.- Most of BM skills are one sigle shot, and while its preferred to make more shots, you can spend one point on each so you have variety and check which is more convenient for you to increase.

Thanks for your answer !

1.I see, I’m always in Double Gun Stance, so no problem for that ^^
2. Well, when you use a shield, enhancing it improve your defense, even if you don’t use it in your skills. When you’re in Double Gun Stance, you sword disappear (at least visually) and you use only your pistol, so is it worth enhancing the sword ?
3. Good to know, I’ll try Mozambique Dry ! I forgot that many small hits were better than one big hit, which also explain why Full Metal Jacket feel so weak
5. Yeah, I put one point in all, and for now, only the aoe skills seems good, tho it may change while leveling. What about Smash Bullet ? It seems to leave a really strong DoT even with one point, is it a good one to increase ?

1 Like

You’re welcome!

1.- Good! ;D
2.- Oh, in that case, it’d be good if you enhance the sword if it has good DEX and STR, over all.
3.- Yeah. Mozambique Drill helps a lot!
4.- Smash Bullet gives a big first shot, and the descreasing is lower than the first shot. I’d inscrease it just to have better decrease on enemy’s HP. But up to you!

1. Eh, I’m still learning, I’ve only played Cleric and Wizard before, so that’s a big change for me xD
  2. I see, so priority to the pistol and upgrade the sword after that ! I’m poor, so I need some priority order to be sure to not completely mess up :stuck_out_tongue:
  3. I test it again, but I think I really need to upgrade it, I only put 1 point in every skill to test them, so they’re pretty weak :confused:
  4. Oh, so the DoT part is based on the first hit, so it means upgrading it should help its damage and dot ! That sould be good against Elites/Bosses ^^

Hmm, I’m testing BM and I don’t understand this conversation :smiley:

What’s the point of “enhancing” the sword ? In double gun stance (= all the time), sword damage don’t seem to be taken into account anywhere. So except if I’m missing something, only usefull if you want to mess with melee attacks of Corsair/Outlaw/whatever

I don’t see any point on using Mozambique Drill, less damage than AA even with 10/10 and most of the attributes, so what’s the point ?

I haven’t been able to check if Silver Bullet is additive with lightning properties (need more test on demon & cie…)

I appreciate you helping the new player but a lot of your information is incorrect. It is so wrong that makes me think you don’t even play BM.

1. You should pick your main hand sword base on stats. The current version of game has a strange synergies between Westral sword and enchanter because the sword has a special effect 10% chance give 2times critical rate per strike attack and the lighting hand is considered as strike attack. So when you do AA with DGS, the lighting hand buff would actually actives the special effect and literally pump your critical rate from 800 to 1600. But critical chance is fixed 60%

2. DONT put one point to every skill since they do so little and will just drain your sp so fast. One point wonder is tracer bullet for 15% more critical rate attribute and smash bullet. Do not freaking uplvl smash bullet since it scales badly. The main damage from smashbullet is from the dot which is base on your attack value, this damage ignore defense that isn’t why it is high and it won’t be improved with more skill points nor attribute.

3. Taser bullet gives target a debuff to be subjected to +50% from lighting property damage. Get it for the debuff not for the damage. Another 1 point skill works well with lighting hand.

Your rotation should be tracer, outrage. bod and rip. You won’t need anything else. All other stuffs are complete worthless. When bossing you use smash and taser. And that is it it’s pretty cost friendly. The best go to build right now is BM Enchance and Thauma(damage)/linker(utility).

2 Likes

Hello!
What is the distribution of BM skills points you suggest?

Something similar to this?

Outrage 5
DGS max
BOD max
Silver bullet 5
Smash 1
Tracer 1
Taser 1
RIP max (I only have 3 lvls here myself because I put more in silver bullet to be lazy.)
Freeze bullet max it if you want pvp

Silver bullet is important because most boss are devil or dark like velcof and demon lords.

i still not sure about that 60% cap. At DG 330, when wastrel activated my crit chance going up to 81% (using addon to show your crit chance to certain enemies), and when i combined it with sneak hit lv 10, yellow text flying everywhere, which seem to be more than 60%

btw, here is the skill distribution of ktos BM who solo velcoffer with +23 T10 pistol
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y9m66eau

very weird indeed

Oh, cool! Thanks!! :smiley:

Don’t quote me on that. With double critical buff I have nearly 2000 critical rate and I still see white lines. If it is not capped at certain % then I don’t know why I would not crit much more than without the buff. This is my perineal experience. Plus sneak hit is +50% critical chance. Would it be the reason? I don’t know I have troll rogue yet but will do since I have the Nema sets. Do you know the set fact? It is very unclear. I read it as if you attack target 400or below from behind , then you ignore block. But if it is true then I don’t understand why people would want it m. However if it is attack target 400 or bleeps, from behind AND ignore block. This set effect is soooo op need to be fixed.

really? i think nema set is for pvp, as at pve enemy rarely block my attack. Btw, please look at the skill distribution i shared above and give me your opinion

For BM it is better to invest the extra points and the stats of the set in DEX, correct?

Thanks for your information, that’s really helpful !

1. I would love to have Wastrel sword, but my BM is still lvl170, so that’s far away for now xD But besides the endgame weapons, where the wastrel sword is so good, it is better to upgrade first the pistol and then the sword ? If I got it well, the attack value on the main sword isn’t important in DGS, but the secondary stats (+STR or +DEX) are still taken into account ?

2. Just to clarify, I put one point in each skill to get a general feeling of the class (as I totally miss experience in swordsman/archer/scout tree), but I really intend to reset that, once I understand what is good and what is bad, so thanks for the details, that’s exactly what I was looking for ! (I don’t want to build blindly, but understand how things works)

3. Perfect for this one ! I try to check it, but at my level, I didn’t see a real difference, so that’s good to know !

Thanks for the explanation of the rotation too, that explains better the skill choices ! And I go for BM/Ench/Squire, I hope it will be ok (I don’t intend to be top dps, just do some things by myself) :slight_smile:

If you want to build a evasion tank or buff your damage a bit you can go dex, but I will confidently tell you with better gears you always go CON on all your characters since most of your damage is from your weapon your stats maybe add 1%? Especially when you only have max 52 points to use freely.

I’m now building Scout > BM > Corsair > Linker
Ever like CON in gear, but always insegurity about damage potential investing DEX, STR or CON

Thanks so much for the help and advices

Today is my travel day can’t open guru with my iPhone. I am too lazy to update the iso system. I will check when I can