Tree of Savior Forum

[Build] Friend's Shinobi Murmillo | Current highest single-target DPS in the game

For most dps right now full STR is optimal, but for someone just starting out there’s no shame in adding in CON. Without gear, it’s much tougher to survive PvE as full STR

I personally would recommend 2:1 STR:CON or similar

Well we aren’t that new but He like being tanky, I’ll Tell him to add Con If He don’t feel tanky enough. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Discussion time: Hop2 vs Pelt2 for R9! Spear Lunge for Kunai or High Guard for attributes?

I think Hoplite 2 is better. High Guard attributes doesn’t work for clones.

There’s also a possibility to go sword1High2Rode3ShinobiMurm1Hop1, though that would require actual testing to see if it gives more benefits than pelt2hop1 or pelt1hop2.

Haven’t seen many murmc2 suggestions. Will the increased skill levels not be more ideal?

Murm2 is clearly better for AoE but the build doesn’t struggle with AoE in the first place. The haste is handy for farming as well.
For single target, it’s only a slight increase in damage (would likely be lower than +1mil dmg increase in a rotation) because it only features filler skills.

It was pretty obvious before r9 came out that Murm2 would probably not be the most ideal DPS option. I was grueling over this fact during when doppel and fencer were in the spotlight pre-rework. To be totally honest, I expected this build to be not competitive anymore when Deeds15 and Epee were stronger self-buffs than its current iteration, but the developers seem to have decided to do the opposite and chose to keep this build alive.

That’s a great thing in my opinion. I started the game with this event and your build got me to the point of soloing 315 hg gear and now I’m heading to earth tower. Now to figure out where I fit in that event lol

hi guys, i am a noob and i found this build, i think its pretty well explained but i wanted to know if with the new patches and all that stuff its still usefull? are those the best stats? (its 1:2 CON:DEX)

no need for dex.

STR if you want more dmg
CON i you want to beef yourself up
your choice

Pretty outdated guide i would not recommended u to follow his skill distribution

there’s no true tank class, or tank mechanic in the game.
pelt2 may help you take less damage but you also do less damage when you use guardian.
guardian still doesnt really help anyway
no access to spear means you do less dmg
nothing actually hurts in this game anymore, 0 point in stacking def
outdated even if its a pelt2 murmnobi guide, if you dont want spear

Well, if MurmC2 doesn’t make that much difference, would that mean that HopC2 would be the best choice for R9? This way we get improved Finestra & Synchro Thrusting, and increased pierce damage from Spear Lunge. IMO that’d be the best filler rank. So this would be my preferred R9 build.

Yeah hop2 is a very good choice, consider dropping spear lunge to 1 and putting more in pierce.

Pierce is a very strong filler that’s 4 hits on bosses at Hop2.

Dont sleep on murm2, that (2x hit on scutum)* is a huge boost in damage.

*this is wrong, per below

Murmillo2 attribute is double AoE attack ratio on Scutum hit. I just realized I did not add murmillo2 (skill) attributes to the rank 9 thread. Post text size limit exceeded :sweat:

Korea tos murmillo take

1. hop2 rodelero3 murmillo1 shinobi build
    or
  2. pelta3 rode3 murmillo1 shinobi build

Murmillo2 build for PvP is popular.

1 Like

Ehh, yeah if scutum hit is just 2x AOEAR, then that is pretty meh.

Goon3 will be meta for pvp instead of murm thanks to dragon fall ignoring block.

Is it okay if I remove Shinobi on the build? Like SW>Pelt>Hop3>Rod3>Murm for R9? Or it is necessary for single target burst?

Yeah sure it’s okay. As a result you’ll do 1/5 of the damage you would’ve done with it.

Yeah I didn’t quite get the translation in ktosneet. If it just AAR then it’s really meh for pve.

I was thinking pelta3 hop3 murmillo1 shinobi instead as per one of the video you shared.