Tree of Savior Forum

[Build] Friend's Shinobi Murmillo | Current highest single-target DPS in the game

Hi Friend, I have already lv up my new murmillo.
But I found there is something very strange compare to your synchro thrusting formula.

From your formula in pierce part , it shouldnt take the shield DEF into the pierce damage. AS only the second strike has the shield damage, thats why when I changed different shield , the first pierce is still same

Because in my server (JTOS) , the pierce damage seems not scaled with shield as the pierce part always deal less dmg to strike one

That’s disappointing, I think it’s a bug in our version then

Um not really any progress but some 315 Fantasy Library solo attempt:

1 Like

Updated guide vaguely for new balance patch.

Build looks awesome!! can please confirm that every time we use clones we need to re equip our Cassis Crista and buff with Finestra?

Nah you can do that afterwards, clones won’t get cassis crista buff either way. Finestra probably cast beforehand, but it really doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Oh Ok, Thanks friend!
I’ve been testing this build, but I kinda find clones only copying 1 of the 2 overheats from most of my skills (except Shootingstar). Is this how clones work?
Im thinking on trying the Sword3 version of the build just because of this issue.

Do you know if I might be doing something wrong to make my clones only copy 1 of the overheats?

Thanks

I made a diagram to outline some hidden and not so hidden mechanics of the build

Seems a bit hard to see on the forums, here’s a link to an imgur: http://imgur.com/a/kw3Q4

1 Like

I really like this guide for the versatility, but I am wondering, why did you end up opting for a Hoplite 1 over say Paltesta 2? I read before about the burst damage comparison, but wanted to make sure that was still true.

Is it situational? Use a spear for certain attacks then switch to sword and shield or at later levels, would i mainly be using sword shield?

As stated in the guide, Spears have more attack than Swords. Additionally, hop1 gives you one of the strongest attacks in the game and Finestra. It’s not situational, every attack you can use with a spear. You will be only using 1H spear.

Pelt2 in comparison would give me a completely wasted circle.

Glad I went hop1!

I thought I read that 1h sword gave more burst damage and that’s why in your videos you’re sporting a sword shield most of the time, but maybe I misread. Either way, I am enjoying spear so far, and if you’re saying that’ll I’ll probably be using spear from now on, then I’ll make use of it.

I just passed the level 100 threshold and I’m also wondering… does ToS feel a little too easy? I’ve been jumping into the first dungeon a bunch for leveling and I thought it was harder. Is the build you gave me just THAT good? Haha

Before the balance patch, swords had more damage than spears. After the patch, spears have more damage than swords. I didn’t upload any videos after the patch, but currently I’m using a Pygry Spear and waiting until r9 to change weapons.

Apparently the general population felt ToS was too hard so the rework nerfed all the monsters in the game, so you can get by with just sacrament and blessing for a very long time. Even in endgame, I don’t think you’ll find any content challenging with this build if you play with the right people.

Aw, people thought it was too hard? If only they played iRO back in the day. +_+

okay, LAST question… then I’ll get out of your hair. Do you have any recommendations are far as attributes to buy in these classes? Anything essential or recommended? Or just throw money at anything willy nilly?

The higher priority ones are the Cassis Crista attributes for:
Enhanced Rodelero Shield Attack
Enhanced Hoplite Shield Attack
Repeated Hits Attack Boost

Then, basically any copyable skill you mainly use:
Shield Bash: Enhance
Shooting Star: Enhance
Synchro Thrusting: Enhance
Kunai: Enhance

Then I guess some fillers:
Targe Smash: Enhance
Headbutt: Enhance
Shield Shoving: Enhance
Scutum Hit: Enhance

After solidifying a good number of core skills you can branch to Peltasta skills:
Enhanced Peltasta Shield Attack
Umbo Blow
Rim Blow

You can reach for them in whatever order you like, but of course take all the passives (that you need) first like the strike debuffs, Synchro Thrust: Pierce, and Targe Smash: Frozen Stone, Remove Knockback.
You can ignore Evade Thrust: Bleed cause its not as cost efficient

Also, this is probably the most expensive class attribute-wise in the game, but you don’t have to go too far to get really good damage.

Q: what should we take in r9
A: it doesnt actually matter :prince:

1 Like

Grand guide. Many happy popos. 8/8.

1 question tho, Frieno set - yes/no? BiS?

Thanks dude!

Unfortunately Solmiki Leather 7set is BiS but otherwise a cheaper option I’m currently still using is 2x sissel and Pasiutes necklace.

I was told that the Frieno set bonus unfortunately doesn’t work well with bunshin, as the clones don’t proc the set effect. Theoretically if it did work then it would be pretty good. :tired:

If you’re lacking AoE damage it’s pretty good too. At the same time there’s currently not much use for that much AoE attack ratio. Finestra, clones, and overall OP damage with bunshin does the job in ET DPS checks. The off-bunshin rotation takes advantage of frost pillar + targe smash interaction and the larger AoE attack ratio of scutum hit.

Gotcha mate. I was asking because once we get R9 updates, the new 350 recipe leather pieces looks pretty damn sweet, arguably could be better than Miki, and in that case you could go for non-Miki accessories, a.k.a Frieno. Thanks again.

Hi, look like a fun build, my bro was looking for a murmillo build, I’ll recommend him this one, I just have a question, what is the stats investment ?
Like 2strengh 1con ? Full STR ? Full DEX ?