Tree of Savior Forum

Bug Manticen impossible to defeat and questions

Date and Time : 06/03/2024 at 6PM

Server Name: Europe Fedimian

Team Name:Tranquilite7

Character Name: Flora

Bug Description : The Manticen at “Spring light woods” has 2 274 000 HP at Lv 169… and he can cure himself… I’m at Lv 247 and I can’t defeat him. Is it a bug or is there something I did wrong ? Thanks for your help.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Go to “Spring light woods”
  2. Click on “Rankis seal tower”

Screenshots / Video : Dropbox - Manticen.jpg - Simplify your life

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard

Unfortunately it’s not a bug. All mobs got their hp multiplied by 10 in fields and by 100 in field challenge modes. At level 247 you should have +20 elite guardian equipment all around and spam skills to kill bosses. If you have a problem due to using non-meta build, you can respec your character at any time until level 510 – just pick a class with higher DPS.

Thank’s for your help and your advice.
Ok it’s not a bug… :cold_sweat:
I don’t know what mean “elite guardian equipment”, “spam skills” and “non-meta build”… I’m a new to the MMORPG world and I’m french… so it’s not easy for me to understand this game. ^^"
Could you explain it to me please ?

what draconis meant by elite guardian equipment is upgrading and transcending the guardian equipment that you have received when you just created your character( you can get them again via wings of vaivora NPC in klaipeda or orsha).
skill spamming are just what other classes do depending on which you pick, same with “non-meta build” these are classes that are currently not as famous as the others.
anyway at 247 you ought to have alot of guardian and elite seals which are needed to upgrade guardian equipment and transcend them to elite equipment set, these starter gears is actually better than any free gears the game will give you at the start so i suggest upgrading and transcending them. you can do this by clicking on the Goddess Equipment Management tab on your Inventory window.(image below)
once you have upgraded the guardian set, you can transcend them into Elite set and later on to Royal set by click on the succession tab in goddess equipment management

Thanks for your answer. :smiley:
I have upgrading et transcending my goddess equipements. It’s make a huge difference with my previous equipements ! :star_struck: So it isn’t necessary to continue dropping… It’s sad…

My class is Wizard/Pyromancer/Onmyoji :

I dont understand “non-meta build” :sweat: Is it an association of classes that no one choose ?
“Spam skills” is when we upgrade skills here ?

For your information the Manticen is dead… ^^ So why yesterday he could heal him and today he can’t ? I don’t know…

1 Like

I see you’re playing on EU server. If you’re new, you have probably been added to the TOS support guild when you started. Feel free to ask any question in game. If you have trouble with english, there are a few french speaking people that can help.

These are fine choices, you should not struggle later on. As soon as you can (probably around level 280), you will be able to pick a third class. If you want to stay on par with “elemental” theme, you can pick Elementalist or Taoist.

Good thing you posted your skill allocation. The big mistake I see here is allocating skill points evenly while there are skills that are much better than others. For Pyromancer, I would suggest maxing the bottom three as well as Flame Ground, put one point into Flame Wall and four into Enchant Fire and completely forget about Fire Ball. Until level 510 you can freely press the “Reset Skill” button on the top left and reallocate your skill points which is great.

Good thing you can progress with the game. I don’t remember Manticen having a healing skill, but maybe he has one. Or maybe he just de-aggroed and his hp bar got reset, no idea.

Thanks for your help and advices. :grinning:

Where can I write in game ? I see “chat window” but I don’t have a place to write.

I’m interested by Alchemist to collect materials, make potions, create a new item etc. Is it a good idea ? :

Where can I find “royal guardian seal” ? I just have “elite guardian seal”…

Can I change the appearance of my Royal guardian staff ? It’s blue and I would like red color… ^^"
Appearence of my Royal guardian staff

I dont understand this window at the Blacksmith. Did you see the cost ? :roll_eyes: And I’m not sure about the color of the result… :

I see this but I have just 5 free TP…

-To be able to write just hitting enter on keyboard should open the text input, and you can click on the left of the input box to change between different chats.

-I would not recommend alchemist for your first character, alchemist is a shop class and as such it is really weak for fighting. Those classes are meant for alt characters as a way to earn some income.

-Royal guardian seals will drop on some higher level fields, if you keep on main story quests you will get them soon.

-For appearances there is specific weapon appearance gears, old ones can be used on the blacksmith and if it is appearance weapon it will not require extra materials, newer ones are registered on equipment storage (f2 and the suitcase button below your character) and can be applied as many times as you want (older ones are one use only).

Thanks for your help. :blush:

Ok so the old ones can be used on the Blacksmith and newer ones are registered on “Equipment storage”.
I don’t understand the menu of “Equipement storage” :

What do I have to do ? When I put my Royal guardian staff, I have the message : “Not possible on this item type”… :thinking:

That is because you don’t have it registered any weapon appearance yet, if you see top right on that window is a register tab that allows you to register a Faerie staff so it gets recorded on your storage and ready to apply to any staff

The problem is that I don’t have Faerie staff… How can I register a visuel of a staff that I don’t have ? I drop it ? But where ? :blush:

Unfortunately for cosmetics only way tend to be find them in market or shout for anyone to sell it. You can get several cosmetics for free like costumes or headgears but weapon appearances would be mercenary badge shop as only free way to get some and faerie staff is not amont the ones you can buy for mercenary badges.

Ok thanks for your help. :blush:
I have 0 Mercenary badges and I don’t know the appearence of the weapon just with the name :

So I can although have to use the old ones on the Blacksmith, but I don’t know what to do :

It seems that I have to put a weapon to extract them… but it the same problem I don’t have a cute staff to register it. ^^"

meta stands for Most Efficient Tactic Available, since youre a wizzard, an example of picking a meta class is choosing chronomancer to your mix, not for the damage but for the utility it can offer. chrono can shorten your skill cool down, speed up casting speed and provide movement speed bonus, it was deemed picking 2 class that deals damage is enough and one of its class can be a support. this is something considered meta, picking whatever you like regardless of popularity/ efficiency is what considers as “non-meta”

• u can pick them up the same way youve been getting elite seals later on as you move forward to the story~

Ok thanks Diviacii.
Any idea about weapon appearance ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Press Enter then click on whatever channel you want to put your message (normal, guild, shout…). Shouts (server-wide message) requires megaphones.

I wouldn’t recommend it. Alchemist missile and combustion are pathetic offensive skills, Dig/Opus don’t work, Awakening is obsolete, Sprinkle potions is now also obsolete (it was fine when you could regenerate 20000 hps when your character had 60000 at level 300, but now the max hp of a character has multiplied by almost 10x while the skill still regenerates the same amount – like HP/SP potions you can find in shops these are a joke), Tincturing allows you to make elixirs (the only viable potions) but they require Blessed Shards to make and you don’t want to waste these precious materials for anything other than upgrading your equipment. The only useful skill is Gem Roasting (because to equip gems anyone has to roast gems, but you can basically create another character and make an Alchemist at level 15 and let him sit in the town as a gem roasting shop.

On field maps of episodes 10-13.

There are a lot of weapon appearances in the mercenary badge shop, but you can’t see the real appearance of those, just a box so you would have to consult a website to check them. Try for example: https://tos.guru/itos/database/equipment?filter=TypeEquipment,36&page=1&sort=RequiredLevel,DESC#top

That’s because you try to use an actual rod and not a skin. Using a skin doesn’t cost anything.

Ok thanks for your answer. :blush:
I’ll try to find a cute staff, I’ll register it and I’ll change the appearance of my Royal guardian staff.

So I have find a cute staff Ellinis. How I register it to apply to my Royal guardian staff ? It cost 11 millions at the Blacksmith… :cry:

btw not all weapons can be registered to the equipment storage system. for weapon appearance that can’t be registered, you can go to the blacksmith and pick change weapon appearance option, it will consume the appearance weapon and you wont be able to use it on other weapon tho. but if once you are at 480-500 and transcending your weapon to reservior/demon if you are picking the same weapon type, they retain their appearance. also depending on the weapon description, it may cost a lot of silver

Ok thanks, I’m not sure that I have understand it all. ^^’

So I have this in the equipement storage system and I don’t have those staffes… :

And I have this in the Blacksmith and I don’t know what to do to register the appearance of the Ellinis staff… :

In the Mercenary badge shop, I can’t use my money :sweat_smile: :