Tree of Savior Forum

Buff Limiting and Classes that have lots of self buffs

Give this some thought.
Group buffs need to be seperate from self buffs. There’s already two lines of buffs that I’ve noticed - the Daino buff goes there and the sorceror cat buffs as well. Corsair flag buffs also go there.

Self buffs need to be changed so that they don’t get overwritten from group buffs.

Skills like Transpose and Quick Cast Surespell overwriting and being overwritten makes for tedious gameplay. Requiring a krivis with Daino is also stupid.

You need to either give more classes the increased buff skill like krivis have or make self buffs apply to its own row of buffs that wont be overwritten.

Thanks.

1 Like

There are two types of buffs, the first row being the main buffs and the other is the secondary buffs. (or so I’d like to call)

The secondary buffs (second row) includes buffs like daino, diev statues, jolly roger, bon fire, sorc’s cat etc.
These buffs do not have a limit but they do have an icon limit (the number of icons you can see) however, even though its not shown it still takes effect. They also do not overwrite the buffs in the first row.

The main buffs (first row) are the ones that can be overwritten.

PS: You can buy a daino scroll in the market, just search skill scroll and find daino if you really feel like you need that extra buff limit.

Buy Daino scrolls or make friends with a Krivis.

2 Likes

Buying scrolls is not feasible.

I am a Thaum and I eat 4 buff slots with Swell Left, Swell Right, Swell Brain, and Transpose.

The problem is that some of the buffs, like Transpose, are in the primary bar and not the secondary, leading to this essential self-buff being overwritten.

As it stands if you get any random priest in your party you are basically going to be overwritten with buffs you don’t even remotely need.

Paying 4k+ for 3min to prevent someone elses stupidity, outright refusal to abide by the conditions of limiting which buffs the party casts, or not speaking the same language (International TOS) is not a feasible alternative. In a standard 30min run you’ll spend 40k to make sure your buffs are not overwritten.

Likewise it cannot be argued that you can simply “right click the buff bar” to prevent your buffs from being overwritten. I mentioned in an earlier post that every 10 seconds my Transpose was in danger of being overwritten, I had even stopped casting my team buffs just trying to give me time to right click all the troll spam players cast, and I still wasn’t successful. I was standing still right clicking more than I was actively participating simply because other players didn’t stand to lose anything but efficiency while overwriting buffs whereas I stood to be instagibbed by their random buff chains. Nobody gives a ■■■■ if they overwrite someone’s party buff that gives +40 damage, but I care when my entire class election and build revolves around being able to safely maintain Transpose and give the party 600+ MATK/PATK. So while they bounce around and cast a random reflect shield I have to stop everything and right click frantically before the next spam buff wave comes.

Despite mentioning since last cbt that I wasn’t going to carry around Daino scrolls again I still find myself being forced to spend on them. I’m nearing 1m invested in the scrolls alone. As a support class I contribute to reaching the buff limit; imagine what lv600 will look like when every player has 4+ buffs that don’t suck to bring to the party?

OP, it’s been mentioned countless times before, but I am still and will always be in agreement. At the very least some skills need to be re-evaluated as to which slot they fill. Transpose should undoubtedly be one of those skills that is moved.

1 Like

I never really liked the idea of buff limits, and now its being used as a monetisation effort which is really lame IMO.

Daino seems extremely arbitrary because its removing a limitation that’s arbitrary to begin with. I’d be really happy if the whole buff limit system was removed and if the effect of Daino were changed.

2 Likes

Okay, those are all valid points. I can’t say I’ve every experienced this issue bc I’ve always taken Krivis, but I think a reasonable compromise would be something akin to the priest attribute that increases weight limit to compensate for carrying materials (e.g. an Attribute that increases buff slots by 1 per rank, with 3 or 5 ranks).

I do think that, for the most part, limited buff slots play an interesting roll in the game. I do however wish we were allowed to set “priority” for individual buffs. (e.g. Set Transpose and Quickcast to Priority 100, set all other buffs to Priority 50, with lower priority buffs unable to overwrite higher priority buffs)

2 Likes

Yeah, oddly I love the buff limit.

It promotes thought. But, here, this is a quote from one of my posts made in… November?

Cat buffs now apply to the second bar so that part is irrelevant now but the rest is still applicable.

I feel that the power of Daino should be that it lets your party stack additional buffs so that you can become overpowered. A side effect of that is that, with the additional buff slots you now have, your old ones won’t be overwritten. That is why people claim Daino as a remedy to the problem but, truly, it is not. Daino should be sought after because you can stack mad buffs but instead it’s only sought after so that your existing ones don’t disappear.

Inherently that’s wrong and points to a problem with the buff system. Daino would still be immensely useful by allowing the team the benefits of many additional buffs, even if the party could lock buff slots or have their own not able to be overwritten, or any number of other solutions.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your input everyone.

I understand the buff limit mechanic my main issue is with group buffs overwriting self buffs that are closely tied to a class’s play style.

For example transpose is the essence of why most Wizards go Thaumaturge. When they need the extra HP over damage they turn it on. That being overwritten in the midst of battle will lead to you suddenly losing 20k+ HP in some situations which of course will most likely end with you dead.

The buff limit is fine but having to rely on one class being a certain spec to deal with it is not good game design.

The secondary buffs that have hidden icons do NOT take effect. I always have over the limit on secondary buffs on my sorcerer, and i always mount my penguin companion, which that too takes 1 icon buff slot on the 2nd row, and that’s how i noticed when i try to stack/multi use EXP buffs together on the 2nd row. Whenever i entered a dungeon with cap buffs including companion, the Team Level/EXP always shows up last and hidden, whenever i unmount my companion (companion riding buff turns off) my EXP changes from 1203% to 1220% due to my Lv18 Team Level which gives 17% EXP. Active secondary buffs like Summon Salamander however does not require to show in secondary buff since it summons to the field itself, but passives such as EXP, stats changing buffs and SP recovery buffs do NOT take effect.

I have level 15 Daino but some of the buffs are over written is this really like this? Level 15 gives you more buff counts but it seems lesser on its description.