Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ’” [Sword3 Hop3 Goon2 PVP/PVE Hybrid] for the masochist within you (it's a guide kinda w/ videos & FAQs) šŸ˜½

Since Iā€™m looking for something hybrid, but more focused on PvE, the chances for me enjoying it are high.

I have a Cata C2 and I enjoy the spearā€™s range, but I hate all the charging.
I also have a Barb C3 and while I enjoy the damage, I miss the range.

Iā€™ve seen Pouncing wreck people in TBL, but itā€™s very situational considering how TBL can get crazy depending on team lineups.

The charging with Cata skills is indeed kind of a bummer and partly gives away your next move to the enemy, but Trot does solve that issue since you can charge them while running around.

Looks like youā€™ll find yourself with Hop3 and its wonderful synergy w/ Dragoon. :slight_smile:

Donā€™t speak so early, with the new Barbarianā€™s Warcry extending debuffs, barb 3 > dop 2 might be the new way to go, 20 secs serpentine with 16 sec cooldown, you can almost keep serpentine up all the time. Thatā€™s better than +50% pierce damage and benefits other melee in the party as well.

1 Like

Wait, Warcry affects other classes debuff on target too? If it does, itā€™s indeed something to consider.

I still have doubts theyā€™d make it work like that though, and if it did, it might receive a nerf eventually. Weā€™re even yet to receive the Serp debuff nerf from 10s to 5s if that ever comes to iTOS (unless they scrapped doing that already).

That 98 CON is raw, only points, or is it total, considering bonuses?

Itā€™s raw. I didnā€™t trust TOSBaseā€™s stat calc so I didnā€™t post the total including bonuses.

Thank you.

Now Iā€™ll just wait for the gear section.

• Circle 3 Warcry debuff attribute: debuffs applied by the casting character will last 1 sec longer per attribute level on enemies affected by Warcry (maximum level 10)

As long as itā€™s from yourself, it applies

Serpentine debuff is the strongest debuff in swordsman classes in PVE, so naturally extending it would be the best.

If it works for iron hook, strongest debuff in PVP, then that would be awesome lol

1 Like

@ZeroFoxGiven another question :

Why 1h spear?

Because Geras spear give +50% damage to spear throw

and also +20% medium damage from hop 3

Geras forever?
Is it better than increasing all damage with a higher level weapon?

well, yes and no. perhaps 315 weapon would be better, but as far as spear throw goes probably not.

BTW, question now. Synchro trust was trash skill before, did it get upped? why people like it now?

double post /20char

I see.

I think I saw something about Synchro range getting buffed.
I guess making it easier to land and the overheat made it more appealing.
May someone confirm it?

Still no video tests, if anything that new att. will likely work like Pardā€™s DE.
Serpentine+Warcryā€™s animation delayā€™s set-up time can cause it to lose 2-3(more with bad latency) seconds.

Besides, HopGoonā€™s still have an edge with Dethrone nuke being Pierce which can be still boosted by SpearLunge.
If anything, Barb3>Fencers3 will still be favored melee pair of Goons, add Miko>Inqui to make emā€™ a DPS trinity.

Also, just got my new Hop to C3, and thinking now on what to get for r6.
Options I though of:
Dopp[generic PVE]=1CC(Mordschlag) 1Damagebuff(DOV) 1Damageskill(Cyclone) 1Utility(DPE)

Corsair[generic PVP]=2CCs(Hook, DD) 1Utility(JR)

Cata[for an exotic Hop3CataGoon]=3CCs(Impale, EarthWave, SteedCharge) 1Mobility(Trot)

1 Like

All 3 are good options IMO. I guess itā€™ll just boil down to playstyle, especially by endgame. :slight_smile:

Also, mount HP, stat and def bonus is always so nice.

On a different note, added new 5v5 TBL vid and our guildā€™s ET 5F run.

Nice guide to break free from the meta, monotonous, and generic catagoon build.It also seems to cover more content as well. Though itā€™s sad to lose another rider brother in the field.

I am also retiring my two cataphracts, my 3rd non meta cataphract is almost ready to roll. :grin:

1 Like

A refreshing change of pace is always nice. :slight_smile: Maybe when R9 is released (and Iā€™m still here), I might consider rolling a Cata3 again.

Looking forward to that 3rd cata of yours. Can you share or hint on the build? :wink:

1 Like

sw 3 > cata 3 > doppel 2 (taking doppel 3 at R9)

My objective is to be an apache helicopter, no not really haha, itā€™s to cover more content and maximize the potential of cataphractā€™s rush with (dov+lapasape) imagine a regard horn pike rush with 10 stacks of dov! also another 2 spin skill when rush is down, total of 21 seconds spin damage. At R9, I can choose to 2H sword wield and become kenshin himura if i want, it doesnā€™t get boring. hehe

1 Like

Now thatā€™s exotic. :slight_smile: