Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ’” [Sword3 Hop3 Goon2 PVP/PVE Hybrid] for the masochist within you (it's a guide kinda w/ videos & FAQs) šŸ˜½

Maybe I just wanted to be different. Something people donā€™t expect to do PVP. Hehe

Mainly, I wanted to explore more of the gameā€™s PVE content as well (guild missions, ET).

Itā€™s been fun so far. :slight_smile:

Ya I guess previously you were playing THE meta swordie PvP class lol. Hop3 Goon2 in PvP is pretty fresh to be honest. I have to say that they did buffed up this combination by a lot with dethrone and spear throw buff. There would only be a few changes necessary to make Hop3 top-tier for PvP, for example making spear throw 100% bind, and making it so long stride doesnā€™t knock back (so it can be comboed with iron hook lol). But yea, I guess long stride not knocking back wouldnā€™t do anything for you. Whereas, the 100% bind would make you a beast.

1 Like

I was always thinking the same. Iā€™d give up Spear Throw for Corsair1 for a pure HopSairGoon PVP build.

They can make it an attribute instead. Thatā€™d be flexible enough to open up more build options.

People are probably gonna scream OP especially due to the skillā€™s no-CD nature though technically the skill animation and post-cast delay are pretty much akin to a CD. :smiley:

Turned post into a pseudo-guide and uploading new videos. :smiley:

I think main problem is no matter what we reset to, we still canā€™t win against clerics lol.

1 Like

Nice build. So with the new sword3 gettting PB attributeā€¦ We all know how good PB is. Almost every sword build ia switching to sw3 now. But actually i wanna know, for a dragoon that has hop3 doppel, isit worth dropping deeds for pb 15. Restrain isnt a concern in this case cause im speaking pve

1 Like

I think it depends on the stat build.

Iā€™m high DEX with 90-ish CON so my evasion is decently high which means stacking DoV the normal way isnā€™t that great (unless Iā€™m against magic mobs).

I also donā€™t like going through the trouble of farming/buying mushrooms. Also when PB is not up, the poison ticks might interrupt some skills like Dragontooth and Stabbing(?).

The current stat meta seems to favor high DEX builds more besides CON.

Maybe it works better for hybrid STR/DEX or low DEX builds.

So u would be saying sword3 is better than doppelgoon then? Haha.

Following the current DEX meta - yes.

UPDATE: New 5v5 video up! Click here!

ā€œBuild - skills & statsā€ added. Click here!

1 Like

make more pve videos please, wanna see how this build goes on ET and 300 contents or farming 290 solo

1 Like

Will do! Thanks for the suggestions.

I did try to record our 5F run but thereā€™s that part where my PC would just drop FPS when I turn the recorder on but I while try on our next run. Our guild is quite new to ET to weā€™re just doing 5F right now but are planning to move up to 10F soon.

I think I have 290-solo somewhere. I will try and upload that or make a new one if I donā€™t find it.

5 new TBL and 2 new PVE vids are uploading! :smiley:

I have two questions.

Why Pierce and not Synchro?
Why Sword 3 at rank 6?

1 Like

I did note in the guide that Iā€™m considering a skill reset and moving the points from Pierce to Synchro.

When I resetted to this build, I looked up about Synchro but found mixed opinions regarding how good/bad it is except when youā€™re Shinobi. This prompted me to go Pierce for the time being, but Iā€™m really looking forward to resetting my skills soon.

Still, thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and updated the linked skill build to leave 8 unspent points in Hop3 and leave it to the playerā€™s preference.

Based on my experience as a CataGoon, even as a rank1 class, going Sword C3 is IMO worth more than any other high ranking classes when it comes to PVP. I also found it very handy when dealing with R8 content.

cant believe i mised this 10days ago

gambatte brother biskee~

huehuehue!

1 Like

Thanks.

About the second question.
I meant why sword 3 at rank 3 and not early?
Isnā€™t it better to start with the weaker class ?

1 Like

If you meant why Hop1 at rank3 and not Sword3 (and why Sword3 comes later after Hop3 at R6), I feel like with the way leveling now in this game goes, youā€™d have an easier time going Hop3 as fast as possible due to Finestra, Stabbing and access to Spear Throw which by lv.170 (still rank 5) you can then use along with a Geras. This is especially true if you went with a 1:1 stat distribution since youā€™ll benefit from Finestra the most in such stat build.

Sword3 doesnā€™t have much to offer in terms of pre-lv.200 leveling and I donā€™t really recommend joining TBL until you get to Dragoon C1 at least. I understand thereā€™s no rule or law about this but I donā€™t want to spoil other peopleā€™s fun just because they got teamed up with an R5-R6 non-cleric/wiz class.

ā€“

Such a shame @DieHardLancer had to take the cata thread down because freakinā€™ IMC IMCā€™ed him with VGA errors.

Iā€™m now not sure where to direct our lost cata brothers seeking advice. :confused:

Thank you.

Iā€™ll try to rush a Hoplite end test this build now.

1 Like

That is one of the advantages too I guess. You get to full feel how Hoplite is ASAP. :slight_smile: So in case you realize it really isnā€™t your thing, then at least you havenā€™t really invested that much time and effort in it.

Hope you like it as much as I did. Not the most forgiving class when it comes to PVP, but hopefully you can also work your way around the clunky skill delays/animations.

In case you missed it: ā€œLong Stride can knock clerics out of their Safety Zoneā€. MUHAHAHAHA!