Tree of Savior Forum

Brief exiting thoughts and shout out

I wont bore anyone with another melodramatic I quit post, I just wanted to share some quick thoughts and thank a specific player who was really good to me in my brief time with the game.

I spent my time on ToS on the NA server in the guild None, and the GM Olcerin was fantastic to me. He ran guild raids whenever I needed them and had time and always gave me extra chests to help me accumulate Practonium. Anytime I needed help or had questions he was there, I just wanted to point this out b/c recently he lost the majority of his guild to a larger guild not through any fault of his own, just b/c of the short sided approach IMC took to Boruta and guild content in general.

The majority of players are all being forced into the same 5 guilds and its creating a very toxic environment. I honestly hope everyone left can just take a moment to stop and remember that its just a game, you are there to have fun.

This constant back and forth of viciously attacking each other in shout, pms, forums, and game content needs to stop. The other thing I would say is, if you already have literally everything in the game, please check your greed, you do not need to continuosly buyout every CM reset scroll to relist or hoard every decent hair accessory and ichor in the game. The players are killing this game far more then IMC’s poor decisions and complete absence of support/communication.

I wish you all the best, I do not believe the game is dying or anything crazy, I just can no longer be a part of a game that is just 5 mega guilds tearing each other to ribbons on a daily basis, I honestly hope you all stop and find common ground or just enjoy the game.

Thank you and good luck.

9 Likes

can always just dont partake in guild rlated stuff Owo
game is still as enjoyable without it owO

Flint, I’m really sorry that it happened to you guys. Small guilds are important too, even though it does seem that the focus is shifting towards larger guilds. Even the new changes with the hangout are very expensive and will require large, dedicated guilds to manage.

The important thing to remember is that everyone enjoys the game for different reasons. Some people really enjoy large scale PVP/GVG, but unfortunately that encourages pretty bad behavior from everyone and I’m not immune to it either. Sometimes that also means that people in smaller/casual guilds will need to attempt to find large guilds that might allow them to accomplish things they otherwise wouldn’t in a small/casual guild.

1 Like

Hi Flint, I completely agree with your post.

I just returned the game recently and noticed the GTW/Boruta tension has completely consumed this game.

I want to heavily criticize the fact that ALL the endgame content IMC currently produces promotes players to stack in the same guilds and have more dudes than the others, rather than have good relations with one another.

Another classic example is Gem Feud:
This game mode is essentially the successor of the 2017 Solmiki Halloween Event and does not promote teamwork. You are pitted against your opponents and your teammates to farm more crystals ore kills than each other.

Players in rival guilds are extremely toxic towards one another, there’s always hostility in Shout chat and finger pointing everyday. There’s currently nothing that diffuses the situation.

The stupid Challenger Map does not even help the situation:

Higher tier guilds are attempting to feed lower guilds these essential spots because GTW is essentially AFK for 1hr gameplay for the top 3 guilds.

This is something I’ve seen and tried to attempt (successfully) in the GTW beta that’s going to become a very glaring issue in the future.

2 Likes

I stopped frequenting mmorpg forums many years back during my days on p2w korean pk games. But after I was told about this note I did want to get on here and at least say farewell. If you ever want to return just give me a hollar. I think the smaller guild horse has been beaten to death in the past and I can’t help but believe the developer is aware of it by now. Clearly they have a different vision for the game. As far as Boruta accessories, I’m just farming silver to accomplish this. The prices people put on the recipes don’t look a bit different from when boruta was tied down by 1 guild, so the whole GTW thing didn’t change anything to me. Just a handful of TP buyers got some satisfaction I guess. That’s ok. While I’m making my rare forum appearance here, I’d also add that ironically, I think the solo raids are a horrible idea. New player in under-powered gear who need help in the raids to get their gear upped… good luck finding a party lol IMC’d foreva… cheers Flint. If you ever want to return look me up, I’ll get you up and running.

1 Like

For those who don’t like the NA server, did you try to connect to the EU server? IIRC a while ago I got a DNS crash in France that was preventing me from connecting to the EU server and tried the NA server for a couple weeks… and it wasn’t that bad ping-wise. I even know players from Asia that are on the EU server, and they play just as fine.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.