Tree of Savior Forum

Botters Defeated! My personal suggestion

The purpose of botting is to accumulate enough in-game currency to sell for real cash. How do you prevent this from ruining the game? Below is my step by step process:

1. Prevent 1:1 trading with random players unless certain requirements are met. This is huge because you can no longer just link with any random botter/gold seller.

2. Allow 1:1 trading only within a guild. Guilds are like small communities of players who share commonalities. A guild that comprises of enough like-minded players can create a robust intra-guild economy that will fulfill every playerā€™s need to trade.

3. Guilds members are allowed to trade within a specific guild ONLY after playing as a member of that guild for 120 hours. If a player idles for 5 minutes or more, the guild play timer stops. This benefit is granted to all characters on that playerā€™s account.

4. Players need to reach level 100 in order to trade within a guild.

5. Guilds can also gain EXP and need to reach level 100/600 in order to allow 1:1 trading within its own community.

6. If a player is caught by a GM doing illegal activity such as botting, or dealing in gold-selling, the buyer, and the sellerā€™s entire gaming account gets a permanent STRIKE. 3 STRIKES and your account gets banned from all servers. Other players are able to see how many strikes are on your account.

7. If a player is caught by a GM doing illegal activity while being part of a guild, that guid also obtains a strike. 3 strikes to your guild automatically prevents any and all trading between all members within that guild for 3 days. This will force guild leaders and co-leaders to routinely check their guild members and make sure they donā€™t notice any botting activity. If a guild leader, or co-leader sees botting activity, they can permanently ban that player from their guild. This puts botter prevention in the hands of the players.

8. If a guild leader or co-leader sees a botter, they can automatically flag that entire account so that no member of that account can ever join their guild.

9. Gold trading should be limited between accounts. Players should only be allowed to transfer a maximum of 500,000 gold between accounts within a 24 hour period. The only way to accumulate a ridiculous amount of cash is to coordinate with your entire guild to send all gold to one member. Should that member decide to sell the gold on-line for real cash, and get caught, the consequences above should activate.

10. Members of one guild should be able to trade with members of another as long as their guilds have formed an alliance. A maximum of 5 alliances should be allowed per guild. Furthermore, in order for a member of one guild to trade with a member of another, either the leader or the co-leader should be present during the transaction. This means that the leader or co-leader would be the middle man overseeing the intra-guild activity.

11. Last but not leastā€¦ Gold should not be tradable between alliance members. It should only be tradable within the same guild.

Conclusion:
Gold sellers and botters would have to spend an incredible amount of time making multiple account, and either creating or joining guilds, while going under the radar of GMs and players alike. This would require a lot of computers, or a well-coordinated effort by a group of people with tons of resources and time. All for what??? To sell 10 million in game gold for $50? Not worth it. Go find a new game to farmā€¦

Please stay on topic with this oneā€¦ I really feel like this could work. With enough people on board, this could change the game.

3 Likes

Im all for finding alternate solutions but many you have listed have issues, im not going to go into them as we have 100 of this thread and you can find all your suggestions already being discussed in those. Lets try to avoid having to many duplicate topics. Thank you.

2 Likes

What kind of wimpy response is that? If you are caught botting or gold selling you should get a permanent ban immediately, no questions asked.

6 Likes

Although I hate giving threads like this the light of day, I have to admit this is the first well thought out postā€¦ Personally 3 strikes are too much. There should be a zero tolerance for it, I just wish the people from krtos would stop posting multiple threads that are like this. The game isnā€™t out, and I do admit it is an issue that we will most likely see in our future, nothing will be done about it for a while if this community canā€™t get behind one idea.

Edit: personally level requirements wouldnā€™t make much of a difference, but if your account reached a certain age, perhaps.

Edit2: keep in mind I support the token 1:1, because if youā€™re doing any trading anyway, that means youā€™ve gotten somewhere. Maybe the tokenā€™s price should be adjusted to a more /monthly subscription/ based game.

Too many restrictions. Some ideas are great though.

1. I personally think killing 1:1 trading will do more harm to the game than good. Itā€™s an MMORPG and socializing should be encouraged.

2. This is fine. I like the idea of ā€˜enhancedā€™ trading within a guild. Though iā€™d rather not have trade restrictions to begin with.

3. 120 hours seems an awfully long time. For those of us who only play a hour or two a day, thatā€™s nearly 60 days of being a part of a guild.

4. This is fine depending on how long it takes to hit 100. Too long and you no longer have training guilds whom entire purpose is to help newer players.

5. This seems fine.

6. This seems fine, but as a F2P game wonā€™t deter botters at all.

7. This is horrible. If I dislike a guild, I will simply join them and bot over and over to keep them trade-banned. Eventually the guild will stop accepting new applications. Itā€™s just too easy to take advantage of. If they ā€˜blacklistā€™ my account, iā€™ll just change my IP and make a new one.

8. Sounds good.

9. So I can send gold to other accounts? Canā€™t this be by gold sellers to sell gold? Or do you mean between your own accounts?

10. Max alliances? Why? What if the leader or co-leader are offline? I sure as hell donā€™t want to have to attend every single trade ever done in my 500 person guild. Iā€™d literally quit the game out of sheer frustration.

11. Okay then what exactly is the point of restricting 1:1 trading between random people if a botter can set up a guild legitly and then form an alliance with a guild to trade stuff?

Also while itā€™s easy to suggest these sort of things, keep in mind that unless you have some programming experience or are a video game developer you have no idea how difficult and expensive it would be to implement these suggestions. Just off the top of my head I can only imagine iā€™d probably off myself thinking I had to alter some of my code to do this.

Now lets be civil hereā€¦ I simply sat down and conjured this post up from the top of my head. I am looking for suggestions and feed back as to how people feel this model would work. If you feel something should change, lets be nice and just say it. No name calling necessary.

If you close your eyes and imagine playing a game with the model I just proposed, would this make or break your experience? Thats the real questions iā€™m asking. Would this make your break your experience???

These suggestions have quite a number of restrictions that may hurt the game more.

Man. I guess this forums can never take a break at all.
First it was Foundersā€™s 3 months head startā€¦
Now, Itā€™s P2W, Server issues, Bots, RMT and etc.
Canā€™t wait for threads that will pop up during the EA will be like.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s fine that people are looking for ways to help stop bots. If anyone ever comes up with a way to stop them I can guarantee it will come from your typical forum post and not from a gaming developer. At least these arenā€™t whiney posts.

1 Like

Even if you were to remove trading of both items and silver permanently there will still be botters and goldsellers just in a different form. Theyā€™d sell whole accounts stacked with items and silver and maybe even max level tailored to your specific wishes.

This does not make them go away. They will simply get around limitations and sell their services in a different form. You need to attack the reason for the demand.

1 Like

Iā€™m was more of expecting that these kind of threads would pop out when the bots do end up plaguing the game during the EA or OBT.

Though I actually have yet to find a mod post any feedback in any of them.
The suggestions and criticism are good but if only someone ends up from IMC do take notice the their efforts wouldnā€™t be wasted.

I think iā€™ve seen a few staff comment the typical ā€œThanks for the suggestions! We are looking into it!ā€ so at least thereā€™s that.

Iā€™m sorry if you found that offensive, that was not the intention of my post. All Iā€™m trying to say is that I think there should be zero tolerance against illegal activity within the game.

To address the rest of your post I think only being able to trade with players within a guild would be a decent way of doing things, but I still think having free 1:1 trading without limitations is the better solution. There are better alternatives of dealing with bots that doesnā€™t include impairing the experience of legitimate players.

Hmm. I hope that actually is a good sign. I almost donā€™t even try to thread beyond the replies of such topics after reading the main one just because it feels like a chore to read replies of why this wont work, why this would work, and etc.

Wowā€¦ Great pointā€¦ I never thought of actual account selling.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You also make a great point cos. Buying a ready made account isnā€™t what most people want. Thus, most botters will be deterred. The only issue is that when these accounts are purchased, the buyer can simply transfer the gold and items to their main, pump their fist and say ā€œmission accomplished.ā€

The good thing here, however, is that these individuals would have to spend 120 hours making that account eligible for trade within their guild. This would then deter gold-buyers! Youā€™re better off just playing the game and enjoying the ride.

If anything, this only encourages botting more. Bots can acquire 120 hours of active time much more easily than actual real people. Real people have lives outside of the game, and need to sleep and eat, whereas a Bot can just walk around for 120 hours while in a Guild, and heā€™s done.

1 Like
  1. what are the requirements? Donā€™t tell me you have to be friends for more than 200 hours.
    2 + 3 +4. You definitely never heard of Bot Guilds where their life is for botting, and they use gold to raise children.
  2. Too easy for bots, annoyed for legit players. Why? Level up for bots is easy, grinding for players? meh
  3. I hate GM and I like sitting in one place hitting one button over and over again. Or my character suppose to cannot talking under a gas mask and Iā€™m paralized.
    And also do you really think bots cannot fake IP, proxy or whatever they do to get in server?
  4. Again, never heard of bot guild, also annoyed to legit players.
  5. Totally against the idea of given players to control players account. People are evil.
  6. We have gold? And nope, thatā€™s the most stupid money cap in plenty of game.
  7. only 5? Come on, we have a huge world and can EVERYone be friends?
  8. NOPE, another money cap.

If trading didnā€™t exist in the game, I would still enjoy it. I think that by banning trading, the game will essentially have NO botters, which would be great. But it would suck for most people when they want to share their gold or items with friends. So I devised my initial post. Within a guild, players must be selective of the friends that they keep. In doing this, trading becomes available to them. If you allow any random player into your guild, you run the risk of losing the trading privilege.

Fear, in other words, is the method I want IMC to use, to prevent players from botting and gold selling. I wouldnā€™t go near any gold sellers or botters with my proposed guild trading model.