Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

Howdy @Sixaxis , I’m really liking a lot of the advice so far. If you don’t mind, could you take a look at this build for a moment?

Currently stat distribution is 2 CON : 6 INT : 2 SPR every 10 levels.
Skill build is here: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4133444e.15213544.1923354a53.152f31495161778195.152531415261

I’m having a lot of fun using Zaibas as a Krivis right now, so I don’t want to stop. This is why I’ve picked going Krivis C2 with a focus on it, over the Cleric C3 as mentioned in the other Zombie Doctor build.

For PD, I’ve selected Beak Mask because it looks awesome. In all honesty, when the time comes I’ll probably do the sensible thing and take Pandemic.

Also, I’m not sure how much I’ll enjoy the play style of zombies, so I’m open to suggestions in the case that I don’t like using Zombies and am stuck with Bokor c1.

Click Here

http://i.imgur.com/ocNMQRM.gif

I reckon’ I can partner.

(So 1:3:1 every 5 levels)
Oh neat, I didn’t know there was another Skill Simulator. More fansite competition.

As for your build, the entire thing is fine. I think this is the first time I got to tell someone that (Well I don’t like the Beak mask, but that doesn’t break the build and it does look better than staring at my characters face that looks the same as the other 10,000 people around me).

If you find that you don’t like the Zombie playstyle before C3, you can just take those points from Damballa and add them into Hexing, and take 3 from Zombify and add them into Samediveve.

(And just to clarify): Someone who sent me a PM for build advice yesterday asked me why my advice changes slightly even if the builds are using the same Circles:

@Sixaxis So I’m leaning towards 1:3:1 stats with this skill build:

The main thing I’m getting hung up on is; Is that enough Zombify or would a point or two more be more optimal?

Any other recommendations on changes would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: Is it better to get Krivis c2 before or after Bokor? Not really sure why I decided to save it till after Bokor in my build.

Edit 2: If I do end up getting Krivis later rather than sooner, is Divine Stigma even good? 22 main stat (level 2) doesn’t seem like it’d be overly useful at that point in the game. With more thought I’m not even sure how much I like it for early game, seems rather mediocre to me.

So I really need advice on this. I was thinking about a more DPS focused PD and thought, with a little research, on this http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/w78xq9qpom/

Also, how much SPR I need? Hex+Effigy consume a lot of SP tbh

@Sixaxis I haven’t yet played bokor during the closed beta, and would like to ask your opinion, whether you are satisfied with the current zombie AI and are they more useful with or without in gameplay PVE/PVP-wise?

Currently reached Bokor in ToS =)

Thank you!

• Cleric C1

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C3

• This is fine.

• Krivis C2

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• This is fine.

You’ll get an extra Zombie from the Attribute, and another one from the Pawnd Gem from the monster Pawnd in the map Tenet Church 1F. The drop-rate on Monster Gems is super low though, so be prepared to grind for it for as long as 3 hours. That leaves you with 1 less Zombie for 15, so you could remove it from Samediveve or leave it as it is.

Note that when Damballa kills a Zombie via explosion (Because it won’t always die from Damballa if your damage dealt isn’t higher than the Zombies current HP or they’re under the effect of damage immunity), it has a chance of spawning another Zombie in its place, which will set off Damballa again since the “Maximum Targets:” threshold wasn’t reached.

15 Zombies for Damballa is only needed for monsters, since the first chain of explosions will knock them back (usually out of Damballa’s range of damage) and even if another Zombie spawns from an exploded one and sets off Damballa again, the knocked back monsters won’t be hit by it. If your only concern is Bosses, then you’re fine not reaching the 15 mark.

That’s up to you. If you’re trying to hit Bokor 3 as soon as possible, then save Krivis until after. I’d personally wait until after just so you could have other damaging skills besides Zaibas.

Well, there’s nothing else to really spend the points on besides Divine Stigma. Points in Zalciai past Lvl 3 is pointless (See what I did there? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ), and 5 in Daino is enough especially considering you’re not a Priest.

• Cleric C1

• Consider moving 1 point from Cure into Deprotected Zone for use on Bosses when partied with other players.

• Krivis C1

• Remove 1 point from Zalciai and place it into Aukuras, since Zalciai only needs to be at Lvl 3 max for the Attribute.

• Bokor C1

• You only used 12 out of 15 points for this Circle. You’re not interested in the Zombies, but add 1 point into Tet Mamak La so you can use it for DPS’ing (I should have a video of it uploaded somewhere, gotta find it).
    Here we go:

• Bokor C2

• Remove 2 points from Mackangdal, as it only gives +1 seconds of invulnerability per level which isn’t better than Zombify’s +1 Zombie & +5 Circle duration. Even if you don’t like the Zombies, they still draw nearby aggressive monsters to them. Place those 2 points into Zombify.

• Safety Zone has too many points in it. Consider removing 2 to 3 points from it, and placing those points into Cure or Deprotected Zone.

• Krivis C2

• Wayyyyy too many points in Daino for a non-Priest. Remove 5 of those points from it, and place them into Aukuras.

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Fumigate and 1 point from Beak Mask and place them into Bloodletting. Bloodletting is a party buff, and can’t be left at 0 because of how important it is. Fumigate is more of an emergency skill rather than something you’ll be using everytime it goes off cooldown and it only increases the application by 1 per level so it doesn’t need to be past 1.

As for the amount of SPR, you can increase it up to anywhere between 50 - 100. Just don’t go any farther than that-- it’s unnecessary.

It still needs a little improvement, but it’s better than it was in iCBT. At least now, they won’t randomly switch targets while they’re fighting. PvP wise they deal weak damage on players so their only use there is for Damballa or lowering everyone’s FPS. You don’t have a guarantee of being able to summon them either unless an enemy player throws down traps or a Wizard Summoner gets their Bats/Skeletons killed inside your Zombify Circle.

PvE wise, prior to end-game (Rank 7 stage), they deal decent damage in numbers and they’re more ‘tanky’ now thanks to their DEF increasing based off of yours (Exact percentage unknown). Once you hit 3-star maps though, their damage will plummet against most of the monsters and they’ll only be useful as distractions to monsters and Damballa targets. Which isn’t so bad since you’re always doing noticeably more damage than them for the whole game anyway.

1 Like

@Sixaxis
im going for cleric>krivis>bokor c3>oracle(maybe)>PD
pvp

I need to know if hexing scales with SPR or spr is just useful to increase zombie HP
because in tosbase you have hexing = Magic Defense: -(12 + SPR × 0.3)
but inside the game is a different description

how change (oracle) works?

lv3 zombify for attribute
lv1 flag to get more 1 debuff, but im not sure maybe I will remove and let mackandal 9/10

ps: samediveve why? i saw in youtube that doesnt give bonus in pvp, and you have to stay near the flag (I guess)
tek mamak dmg is poison? i can’t find any info… looks like works with deprotected zone (?)

Based of your opinion, I’m seriously thinking of buffing hexing for the better AoE ratio. =)

What do you think of this now? Haha, some of the things you criticised, I am unable to change as they are already set. =(
Currently at Bokor 1 now…

Since you’re aiming this build towards PvP, I’ll be giving advice centered towards it (Arena).

The game description doesn’t show the formula, just like it doesn’t show it for Heal/Cure/Zalciai. The one shown on ToSBase is correct.

^The Attribute also gives you a chance to transform the mob into a Jackpot mob (The shiny ones that give you extra silver/loot).

? Do you still have the link in your History? That might have been Ogouveve you saw. Samediveve only buffs the user, so the rest of the party won’t get the movement speed buff. You also don’t need to stand within the flags range; just cast it and run anywhere you want to. Just incase though, I’ll hop on kToS later or tomorrow to confirm. Here’s a vid from February (Not my channel):

Poison damage, Strike property. Doesn’t scale off of your stats, and it’s level is equal to your level (Which means it’s damage may differ depending on the enemy level it touches). Yeah, it works with Deprotected Zone and Monstrance since those lower defense.

As for your build:

• Cleric C1

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1

• Not gonna put Zalciai to 3 (Attribute)? It’s not going to help you since you’re not doing Phys damage, but it’ll help your party members. Would advise taking 2 points from Aukuras and placing them into Zalciai, unless you absolutely don’t want the +100 bonus from the Attribute in exchange for the -2 from Aukuras.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• No Samediveve? I wouldn’t advise ignoring this, and very few situations would require Hexing to be that high (For PvP) anyway. Drop Hexing to 5, raise Samediveve to 5. Unless you don’t want the movement speed, in which case you can leave it the way it is.

• Bokor C3

• Hexing was dropped from 10 to 5 in Bokor C2, so it would be back up to 10 here in C3. But, Samediveve! But you have 1 of 2 choices:

• Remove 5 points from Hexing and place 4 into Samediveve and 1 into Mackangdal.
    • Remove 2 points from Hexing and place them into Mackangdal.
  • Oracle

• Someone else here can correct me if needed, but I don’t see any point of Arcane Energy past Lvl 1. It increases your max SP/Stamina, but it doesn’t restore it towards that max when activated. Not to mention that all buffs will be removed from players after each round. Remove 2 to 4 points from Arcane Energy and place them into Prophecy.

• Plague Doctor

• All dat Beak. But you have the power to let your party suffer for 15 seconds less! Remove 3 points from Beak Mask, and place them into Bloodletting. Share the love.

\o/

For your build:

• Cleric C1

• Why do you hate Safety Zone?! :c I’m gonna have to record a 50 & 90 dungeon run showing what happens (to your party members) on Boss fights when you don’t have Safety Zone! They may not listen to you even if you put it down and ask them to stand in it and they’ll die as a result anyway, but still!
    You can put 1 point into Deprotected Zone, and the Attribute will bring it up to 11 seconds duration! We can even go halfway and you can put 2 points into it and it’ll be up until the cooldown is over! -3 points from Deprotected Zone, +3 points to Safety Zone!

• Krivis C1

• [Copy-paste from response to Jojo]:

• Not gonna put Zalciai to 3 (Attribute)? It’s not going to help you since you’re not doing Phys damage, but it’ll help your party members. Would advise taking 2 points from Aukuras and placing them into Zalciai, unless you absolutely don’t want the +100 bonus from the Attribute in exchange for the -2 from Aukuras.

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• This is fine.

• Cleric C2

• This is fine (Assuming Cleric C1 advice was applied)

• Bokor C3

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• Everyone wants that mask now. I’d advise taking the 1 point from Beak Mask and placing it into Bloodletting since Bloodletting takes priority over Beak, but if you want to wear the Mask for the look, then it’s fine.

Ahh, that explains why you didn’t change Safety. Well, just apply Cleric C1’s advice to Cleric C2. Sorry for not making it in time. :c

hlees0’s notifications / e-mail is probably getting flooded from this thread, so I’ll stop being lazy and finish up the Bokor thread.

Thanks for the input @Sixaxis I appreciate it.

Thanks @Sixaxis for the awesome help!!

-same video I saw =p

-I don’t see why take prophecy because I can max bloodletting and I have beak mask.
-oracle: arcane energy because looks like bokor uses a lot of mana with voodoo skills and counter spell for pvp. Change skill idk if its really useful, but I had 2 free skill points
-About the zalciai attribute, maybe I made a mistake ignoring this =/ but now I’m bokor c1 already and probably not going to waste skill reset for this… and the attributes are rly expensive =p
-So samediveve is all about mov speed, I have no idea how many points I should put into this skill
hmm you said in your first post that its good to max samidiveve, maybe it’s a better idea change 25 magic reduction debuff from hexing (drop hex to lv4) for high mov speed (samediveve lv10)? Also, you said just few points in samediveve don’t make difference.
-PD agreed, I was worried about rank 3 debuffs, but you are right

Well, there’s nothing better to use it on. Arcane Energy is practically PvE only, because it only raises your maximum SP and not restores. I can see how you’d want to use it to give yourself more fuel for Effigy though (After restoring SP to full), but PvP wise this has no use past Lvl-1. At least place 1 point into Prophecy then, so it can cover for the 5 seconds Bloodletting is down (Players who are smart enough to hold their CC until that small window opens will be very few, but they’ll exist).

Yeah, don’t waste a Skill Reset on it. It’s not worth that much.

I don’t think this game applies Move SPD by the decimal (Lvl 10 Samediveve is 13, and only half the effect applies to you, so you’d leave it at 9), so Hexing can stay at Lvl 5 and Samedi at 9. Thanks for pointing that out, [Goes back and edits it].

And for PvE, yes, +5 Samediveve is +2 Movement Speed which is even less than the Token buff (And almost nothing in PvP). No point in grabbing it if you’re not going Bokor C3. All the advice above is based on PvE, unless someone specifies they’re doing PvP.

Ah. Samediveve is his fourth buff on the row (The blue icon). \o/

Quoting @mikhaelsoras here:

Divine Stigma : Increase STR and INT by 78. The buff is way better than 78 since it scales with Rank and Current STR/INT points.
If you have 500 int and get the Divine Stigma buff and you are Rank 7 you will get 249 INT from the buff.

He was going Krivis c3 in that discussion but with that new info on Stigma it seems MUCH more powerful to me.

I was testing with the recent patch, i’m not sure if the UI in CTB2 was misleading by multiplying the buffs, but now the buff is not getting affected by rank or current stats, but i will test with all buffs and check the damage

@Sixaxis Because you said divine might is situationally good, I was thinking in following your advice and adding 3 points into that.
For Zalciai and Depro I have already added points into that and I cannot change that anymore. =/
I would give up fade for one more skill point in Safety wall, if you think that is better?

In the event where I hate playing with Zombies, what do you think about this?

Hmm, alright I’ll hold off on putting extra points into it until it’s confirmed either way.

Nah, Fade is useful enough to warrant staying at 1 over +1 Safety. Nothing that needs guaranteed change outside of my personal preference, so it can stay the way it is now. As for the rest:

• Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• I would say to take those points out of it for a better Zombify, but then I looked at the name of the build. So we’ll do it the other way: You can consider taking 1 point out of Zombify and placing it into Samediveve, and then hunting a Samediveve Gem from the monster Tombsinker in the map Royal Mausoleum 2F whenever you feel like putting up with grinding. This will let you get Lvl 5 Samedi (w/ Divine Might).

• Krivis C2

• -2 Divine Stigma, +2 Aukuras!

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Bloodletting, because party protection is more important than self-protection (Especially since you shouldn’t be mainly be fighting in the back)! If you just wanted Beak Mask for the look, then you can leave it as-is.

And, just to note, there’s nothing wrong with not playing with Zombies (Especially if you go Plague Doctor). Bokors are lucky to get 3 different playstyles so that we don’t all have one main linear build. But the Zombies can still be useful, even if you only have Zombify at 3.

At Krivis C3, it’s a different story since you could drop 4 points from Melstis for Divine Stigma and still have Aukuras and Zaibas maxed. But the bigger issue is:

If it doesn’t even scale stats anymore, then this is my response to it:

2 Likes

Hi Sixaxis any suggestion on my build below:

Current Im lvl 50+, I can reset my skill and stats.
Im going to a full INT then some SPR, but Im not outting SPR right now.

I copied my rank 5 Bokor :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure on the skill Rank 6.

And any advise on posible JOb on rank 7.

Thanks.

• Cleric C1

• Since you’re including SPR into your build, transfer 1 point from Cure into Deprotected Zone.

• Cleric C2

• You don’t need that many points into Safety Zone thanks to the Block Count Attribute. Remove 4 points from Safety Zone, add 1 to Cure, and add the last 3 into Divine Might.

• Krivis C1

• This is fine.

• Krivis C2

• Got a bit too many points into Daino~ You don’t need that many since you don’t have many buffs to give your party. Remove 5 points from Daino and place them into Aukuras.

• Divine Stigma doesn’t need to be all the way up to 5 as the damage isn’t impressive in the Rank 7 stage, and you’ll benefit more from faster recovery from your party with Aukuras. Remove 3 points from Divine Stigma and place them into Aukuras.

• Bokor C1

• You only used 5 out of your 15 points for this circle. It looks like you’re not interested in Zombies though. Add the remaining 10 points as follows:

• Hexing: +5
    • Tet Mamak La: +1
    • Zombify: +4
  • Bokor C2

• Mackangdal doesn’t need to be at Lvl 2, as that only adds +1 second to your invincibility (And you take all the damage at the end of the duration). Remove 1 point from Mackangdal and place it into Zombify or Samediveve if you really don’t want any more investments into Zombify. If you place it into Samediveve, make sure to use it in combination with Divine Might or hunt for the Samediveve Gem or else the Move SPD is no different than Lvl 3 for you.

• Plague Doctor

• Remove 1 point from Beak Mask and place it into Fumigate, because as a ranged DPS, you won’t always be in the front where you’re open to getting hit and debuffed.

As for your stats, I’d really recommend you to add in some CON at some point so you’re not super squishy late-game. Not a lot; just enough so that you’re not a 3-shot target. Have fun. \o/