Tree of Savior Forum

Blue stats offset small/large are in the game?

I have been watching some of Ludo’s tank cleric videos and he did mention that he is using offset large on his paladin equips for CM hard (to reduce elite mobs damage).

I tried right now to find any item in the market with offset small/large, I only find medium and armor based offsets. I could not find any.

Does it mean that offset small and large does not exists in iToS at the moment ? It is a future update? As for now, I am following this post argument that offset medium works in pve to reduce any damage you take in pve:

Does it mean this will change?

Thx in advance.

There’s no offset small/large in game. Maybe he meant red line target large so you do more damage. Copy what he said here tho.

It’s in the comments from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JMuE-Yz1Zk

He mentions “damage resist vs large enemy”

Blue offsetting does not depend on the property of your enemy, but rather of yourself, hence offsetting of any size except for medium size would be pointless since the players size is always medium. With that being said, medium offsetting works vs all enemies in PVE.
Im not sure what Ludo means here, since i have never heard of targeted offsetting vs large enemies.

3 Likes

I think he didn’t explore this offset medium/cloth/other cos his blog mostly focused on block/crit resistance line.

Offset is confusing, but as others have said, offset in PVE is based on what you are. If you are wearing leather, you want medium and leather offset.

My guess is either he is confused and thinks you need offset based on what the monster/boss is (possible, again, it’s very confusing) or he misspoke and meant red.

1 Like

But there are something called plain additional damage resistance. Which is a blue line, or as mentioned earlier he was referring to Attack against Large-type Target.

But just for my sanity’s sake. Attack offset against medium target. Does that mean I take less dmg from other or that i do more dmg? I would assume it works like a counter to the red one and acts as defense. Just wanna be sure. And what is strongest, attack offset (max stat) or add dmg resistance (max stat)?

You are correct, it counters the red Attack Against Medium targets. Add dmg Resistance counters the Add dmg, both work by subtracting the attacker red stats on the calc.

1 Like

in PVP, yes, it looks at your blue stats vs the enemy player’s red stats.

In PVE though, think of offset more like “protection for X” rather than offset against. It’s additional protection for you (players are always medium), or protection for you if you are in leather.

Additional damage is different. You can find that formula here about 2/3 of the way down the page (Listed as “Formula 2”): https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1882

It’s ■■■■.

2 Likes

But if in pvp a player doesnt have a red stat. Does that mean my blue is ineffective or does it still subtract dmg from the other player?

Oh and another thing, add.dmg works as just a flat atk increase on your final dmg right? So its better suited for auto attacks and true multi hit skills right?

yes, on fake multi hits the additional damage gets divided though the hits.
Classes with bleeds, poison, tons of true multi hits, or that depends on auto attacks usually gets more advantage on additional damage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.