Tree of Savior Forum

Birthday Gifts for Characters

In general the idea of bday gift sounds nice. Theres just a couple of things I want to point out:

1. Probably better to make the date based on your account creation date instead of individual characters.
    This just because it would be fair towards all players in terms of how many gifts you get and it would remove any type of “character farming” to get more gifts.

2. The gift item can’t contain any op items, preferably cosmetics or new skin to a pet or something. And it should be account-bound.

3. Gifts should be dif every year and unique, so that the only way to get that certain cosmetic is that you have actually earned it. Or, it could be that you can choose a certain cosmetic or whatever from a list once a year, so that everyone doesn’t have the same “special cosmetic” after 1 year.

I like the idea, but it needs to be something you need to achieve, not buy or get in any other way. Othervise the items just become as normal as any other stuff. Therefore losing the uniqueness of it.

3 Likes

What i would like to see is a character info.
Like Date of Birth and hours lived (hours played with this character). This could be seen by others when they check your character info.

Probably better to make the date based on your account creation date instead of individual characters.
This just because it would be fair towards all players in terms of how many gifts you get and it would remove any type of “character farming” to get more gifts.

This is a nice idea! Would make it impossible to abuse.

I also agree with those parts, it seems very nice for a birthday part. :smile:

I love the whole Birthday gift idea, i just got my 3rd year’s gift in Guild wars 2 a couple weeks ago, and it really made me happy.

I think something like that is a wonderful idea for any MMOrpg. I guess the real trick is how it is presented.

1 Like