Tree of Savior Forum

Best party composition

So me my girlfriend and my friends are gonna play once the game will open (one of my friend got the founders pack to get essential items for grinding daggers cafri set etc) so i wanted to ask what would be the best party composition to help us grind to 280 and be relevant in the end game. ( we will be playing all together all the time btw)

So here are the classes which we would be playing for sure. (we are a party of 5)

Wiz3>Ele3>W <-- best aoe in the game ofc.
C1>Priest3>Chap1>Pardoner2 <-- Not so sure about this one and want to ask your opinion if pardoner 2 is the right way to go if we need a support.
A2>Sap2>Wug2>F1 <-- secondary dps i guess or maybe r3>f3 gives more, not quite convinced yet what would be a good build for archer.
S1>Pelt2/3>hoptile2>cata1>? ok so my girlfriend is gonna play the tank and has not much experience in MMO’s. Want to know the best tank build so she could have fun.
?>?>?>? so the last class is still unknown and im thinking cyro3chrono3? or linker better or maybe c2>diev3>druid2 for more heal and single target dps.

We really want a good party class composition to sail along until the end game. What do you think we lack single target dps?

You lack of Chrono c3!!!.

pardoner is mainly a money making class, it could work but it could be better,
something like cler>priest3>chap>cler2>PD/etc

Pel 1 is usually enough, then go hop 3, and fair amount of con to survive magic damage, sometimes you’ll die if you taunt too much magic mobs, but that depends on your party’s crowd control handling, take pelt 2/3 if you have cryo3 or really good dps to support your tank, but based on your post you seem to have it planned.

I can comment you on support since i play one.

C1>Priest3>Chap1>Pardoner2 Is not enough to keep a party alive alone, it needs one more damage (high INT) healer in the group.

My build is: Cleric2>Priest3>Pardoner2 (lv256+). It is a support with good enough heals to hold a party up. And lots of defensive buffs/skills for every situation.

Beware tho, I am playing with a Krivis or else I would be breaking the max Buff count and that is NOT GOOD AT ALL. If you do not have a Krivis in the group you should be getting Diano scrolls, that aren’t cheap and have 6 mins duration each.

One of the best healing builds is: Cleric2>Priest3>(whatever you wish, optimal could be Chaplain to add some extra damage in the party)>PD - 1:1:2 Con:Spr:Int

Comment on Chaplain: Adds decent damage to the party, but at some point you won’t be meleeing mobs for your own safety and focusing on keeping party members alive. Its buffs are OK but not something big, it is more of a self sustain class. Deploy Capella makes your stone skin permanent but it needs the party to stick to the area where it is placed and it has a chance to get destroyed.

Comment on Pardoner: The Magic resist skill is REALLY good but only if you have 200+ SPR, if you do, it is possibly one of the best defense skills against mages. There are tons of mages late game and all hit like trucks, their dmg is cut by half with this buff. Also Pardoner3 is not so great, should never go for it.

Comment on Plague Doctor: One of the best, if not the best combos if you are going with Pardoner path. Discerning Evil + Pandemic makes wonders. Also adds some healing what a pardoner misses (still worse than going C2 cleric), and lots of cc protection what is needed in later levels. Bloodletting saves lives and it is a party buff.

Comment on C2 Cleric: Tons of healing, amazing safety wall (with the attributes), divine might is a great buff. You won’t regret taking it. C3 Cleric in other hand is an over kill atm, there are better options than going for rank 3.

In case you are going for C1>Priest3>Chap1>Pardoner2 , other valid and better options instead of Chaplain are C2 priest or PD. Chaplain works tho.

One more comment: If you plan to be partying with friends 24/7, once you be reaching lv225+ you will want a Krivis (minimum C2) and a PD in the group. That is the point where your party will have around 10+ buffs at a time and where mobs commonly use cc’s like sleep and freeze. Not being able to keep all the buffs up equals to losing tons of possible damage, defensive and utility skills.

I also do not suggest having a Class that is in the same time a Priest and a Krivis, unless it can go with Priest3 and Krivis3 (what isn’t so good), it will fall behind all the higher ranked Krivises/Priest, to the point that you would be saying, for an example: “Do not use your Krivis Buffs, the Krivis guy XXXX has better ones than you!”

I never felt a need for a Chrono, I partied with some tho. He got great utility but it is not a must at any point. Speeds your party up (what is nice) and gives some great buffs, but it is not a game changer if your party knows what they are doing (Low hp classes staying behind the tank, not over mobbing, healers healing, ect)

1 Like

@wow that response thanks and very much well appreciated i will keep in mind going krivis for extra buffs

So you really think Chrono 3 cyro 3 is our lacking class in the party ? is our damage enough to lead us to late game?

the reason I thought about pardoner was the magic rest buff which might help out the party in tremendous way when it goes to the later parts of the game. But correct me if im wrong if its not really worth it at all

that helps, but diev statues for silencing can also be good to stop some spells.

if you’re up for pardoner you can follow kristipomo’s build, it does good enough sustain and you would naturally have high spr with stone skin and pardoner mdef buff, also more heal tiles and a powerful safety zone. a divine might to add to that

1 Like

@kristipomo Im having a hard timing fitting in a krivis 2 in the party but do you think our full sup can go C2>P3>K1>PD ? is 6-7 additional buff enough?

Diano 5 can do, but for end game Earth tower, 2 Clerics might be a must to keep the party alive. Even with c2 Cleric for lots of healing tiles + Mass Heal, it is not enough to heal all the party members to full when a strong AoE attack hits.

Healing Factor from PD is a tank single target heal, so I am excluding it.

I agree with @Lostac, Diev statues are amazing, and they combo well with Krivis since he is also int based. And it would have strong healing tiles due to high int even with rank 1 Cleric. Carve Owl + Zaibas damage is really high too.

1 Like

@kristipomo
Would this be enough?

Wiz3 Ele3 Warl1
A2 Sap2 Wug2 Falc1
S1 Pelt3 Hopt2 Cata1
C2 Diev3 Druid2
C2 Priest 3 Krivis 1 PD1

Something like:

Wiz3 Ele3 Warl1
A2 Sap2 Wug2 Falc1
S1 Pelt3 Hopt2 Cata1
C1 Krivis2 Diev2 Druid2 (Diev2 Damage/Support is more than enough, the immune statue looks good on paper, but it is useful only in specific occasions since it needs a “ritual going around it thing” to work). The Heal with C1 with lots of int is good enough. Zaibas gets really strong at Krivis2. -> This is really fun build xD
C2 Priest 3 Chaplain PD1 (Chaplain adds extra damage to the party and adds survability)

1 Like

For the archer: Why Falc and not Cannon? Broom Trap has no set AoE ratio and Wugu’s pot spreads the damage between all the mobs hit. Wouldn’t it be better to get more AoE skills?

For the swordie: How about Corsair or Doppel? Cata really shines only when you have more than one rank in it.

was thinking punji + circling and multi shot + circling. :frowning: is cannon better than falc?

It should be. It has low cooldown on AoE skills and high base skill damage. Falcon doesn’t have a lot of attack skills or AoE.

There’s several useful guides out there if you want to share the links with your friends and discuss strategies:
Swordsman Guide
Mage Guide
Archer Guide
Cleric Guide

These guides go in to much more detail about what to expect for each Class/Circle and you can compare their expert notes with testimonials from players in this thread.

For your tank, I would only recommend Peltasta C1. Peltasta C2 is only worth it for High Guard, but if you are also going Hoplite for Finestra’s Block buff and also have a Priest C3/Chaplain with persistent Stoneskin, it is just overkill in terms of all the Block you’re stacking.

If you’re focused on building tank though, I would really recommend 2 ranks of Rodolero instead of Peltasta. Its C2 Ability, Slithering, gives you 100% Evade against Magic (might be bug, but IMC hasn’t fixed it in a year) for 10 seconds and its on a 28 second CD. Rodolero’s lackluster otherwise though, so make your own decision regarding it.

As for your rank 7, I would simply leave it open for now. Let your friends play with the party and you can see where to go. Cataphract is great if you want your Tank to move a little faster, but has overall less utility than the other Classes you can get. If you’re lacking in damage, go with Doppelsoeldner or Dragoon.

I can’t give advice to choose between falconer and cannoneer (but I would argue you could probably wait and see which fits your party comp and friend’s playstyle better), but the overall party composition seems like it relies heavily on CDs (wu and sapper especially). The presence of a Diev is definitely useful, especially since they also improve SP regen and reduce SP costs for the rest of your party.

1 Like