Tree of Savior Forum

Best Monk builds?

anybody know the best class combos for a DPS monk??? pls ty :smiley:

Search the cleric forums for numerous monks build that has been posted, argued, trolled or god knows what happened to it.

Then create your on your so called DPS monk using the skill simulator and post it here. Then, we’ll nitpick every skills you place it in, suggest what skill to pick and skills that are awful that we’ll banged our heads on the floor. Then, one will say that skill is so awesome and arguments will occur.

Then you decide whether to change it or not.

Also, you can look at this for basic cleric class tree information.

3 Likes

Didn’t we already have this conversation in another thread. Although granted C1-Cleric, C-3 Priest, C-3 Monk is support & DPS.

I think think the pure dps focused Monk goes C2 Cleric, C2 Dievdirby, C3 Monk. Although your usefulness to a group diminishes greatly overall in my opinion.

An it’s not like the DPS you output is wildly different. I think anyone going a Monk should have a support base in their build.

As from a pure DPS prospective Monk’s are lacking. It’s their ability to support & DPS that makes them useful.

You’re welcome to try a purely DPS focused Monk, but Archers & swordsman will make a joke out of you in the DPS department.

My monk build. Updated

@XenoKun

Not really a fan of that honestly. You have attack skills maxed out that benefit from intellect for example which a Monk should avoid.

You also don’t even have a single point invested in Palm strike, which makes enemies bleed. Or Hand Knife which has a chance of completely removing an enemies physical defense for 7 seconds.

Those to sub talents on the skills alone make them worth a single point investment.

Ok I updated my Monk build. That other one was from closed beta and it got nerfed anyways. The new one should be ok.

Naw if you’re going Cleric > Priest > Monk route, you want something more like this.

I didn’t bother putting the Monk skills in, I’m more talking about the foundation before you get to Monk.

Maybe something like this?

I personally say do this and it will be more enjoyable for you go to Tosbase quickly rush to the monk class C3 view the skills and reverse back taking all the skills you personally enjoy those you enjoy from monk c3 and see what class before that would benefit or empower those skills I might not want to be a monk but this is what I did for my class.

I wanted to be a bokor with a horde of zombies because I’ve always wanted to play a class with a horde of the undead so in my mind my first ability to take would be from bokor all the way to c3 zombify = (18 zombies) I looked at the ability it said they benefit from SPR increasing there hp (lifespan) so I went into the classis and found priests ability Aspersion also benefits from SPR in addition to its attack damage now I also look at how can I empower those zombies so looking at the cleric and priest ability’s I look for ability’s that have “effects allies” because zombies are considered allies to me thus increasing there strengths sure this might not win top DPS or what not but it sure is hell something I look to enjoy.

The thing is unfortunately with 80+ classis there is really no such thing as best dps due to you will get flavour of the month but then when buffs and nurfs come out that will change around and you will end up becoming jaded so play the class you want to play and the ability’s you like to play you never know it might be better then what people have said and people may follow you for your build.

1 Like

You want Mass Heal since it’s a percentage based heal an isn’t that reliant on you having stats like intellect or spirit which aren’t useful to Monks.

Also you only reason you put points into Monstrance is the dexterity buff it provides. Having 1 point provides you as much Dex as having 5 points. The other part of the skill which increases with more points is useless.

Priest has ridiculous strong skills, especially revive - imho the strongest support skill in the game. Priest C3 >>>> Cleric.

Also you do not want Monk C3. It is sad but waste. You gain nothing but some flat extra damage which is not worth it at all.
Probably PD R7 but one should play which is most fun in the end. But another rank of monk definitely adds no fun are value. :frowning:

Strange how no1 posted a diev/monk build.
Anywho, this is my PvP focused Monk build. Diev is a great choice for both survivability and DPS when you go c3. Remeber that Carve now does 5 hits, has 3 overheat and 17s cooldown, it’s indeed a pretty strong skill after the buffs.
EDIT: Btw, ppl talk about Monk being lackluster DPS wise, and I agree with them when it’s about PvE but, in PvP, Monks deal alot of damage with Energy Blast. A well landed one can wipe out the enemy team very easily, I’ve seen it happen alot.
EDIT2: I might go Monk c1 in Rank 5 and Diev c3 for Rank 6 into Monk c2 at rank 7, just to get the relevancy of diev c3 asap, while being able to lvl up with double punch.

Hmm… what about - Cleric -> Priest 3 -> Monk 2 -> Paladin?

would a monk2 to paladin for rank 7 work??

God Finger is worst Monk skill ever. Don’t pick it. Palm Strike is much better…

lol u guys really should max aspersion…

Paladin is really bad avoid it like the plague, well at least C1 Paladin.

When creating my Monk in CBT, I went C1-Cleric, C2-Priest, C-1 Paladin, Monk. I wanted to punch myself after doing so since I’d essentially ruined my character at this point.

In the end it comes down to what you want to do.
Fact is the R7 Classes are far better than the rest.

very nice build, i’m considering something like that to avoid PD
if you don’t mind me asking you would recommend that for pve too or would change?
whats stats you plan? full str for carve?
You think is valid changing some points of laima and world tree for 10/10 owl (i imagine you are not going int so 5/5 owl will be doing no damage?)

Is this build worth investing?